• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is building high speed rail from Thailand to Yunan province. Guess we will all be old if ever the day comes, when we can take a high speed train from Singapore to Yunan.

Despera

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Newbie here and wanted to ask a Q. I am sure this has been asked upteen times and the forum thread was so enormous that I cannot find the thread with similar Q.

I understood Malaysia has raised the minimum purchased price of JB properties for Singaporeans to MYR1,000,000, up from previously MYR500,000 for purchase made after 1 May 2014. I thought I read somewhere that if we buy the property directly from Developers who launched the property before 1 May 2014, we are still under the MYR500,000, is it true?

I am seeking confirmation here as I am interested to purchase a unit at D'Summit Residences direct from the Developer. I have ot asked the Developer yet.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah sey... next to eco spring...
but this glenmarie properties hor... their pricing quite competitive. and bumi quota is very very large. one of their project in KL is 100% bumi quota!

This is yr baby.:p

btw, there shd be a highway..i think.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

Newbie here and wanted to ask a Q. I am sure this has been asked upteen times and the forum thread was so enormous that I cannot find the thread with similar Q.

I understood Malaysia has raised the minimum purchased price of JB properties for Singaporeans to MYR1,000,000, up from previously MYR500,000 for purchase made after 1 May 2014. I thought I read somewhere that if we buy the property directly from Developers who launched the property before 1 May 2014, we are still under the MYR500,000, is it true?

I am seeking confirmation here as I am interested to purchase a unit at D'Summit Residences direct from the Developer. I have ot asked the Developer yet.

If the developer had applied for and received the exemption before 30 June for properties launched prior to 01 May, 2014 then its ok including the subsequent resale of the property both which does not need to match the RM 1m mark.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tot Princess Cove locate at JB n not second link?
What there to happy for princess cove?

One is Puteri Cove in Puteri Harbour (done by Pacific Star, same developer behind commercial developments such as Wisma Atria, etc), the other by Princess Cove (R&F)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the developer had applied for and received the exemption before 30 June for properties launched prior to 01 May, 2014 then its ok including the subsequent resale of the property both which does not need to match the RM 1m mark.
Is the exemption only applicable for high rise only? Does landed qualify?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the exemption only applicable for high rise only? Does landed qualify?

I think I get it already.
As long as the transfer of property during subsale doesn't end up needing to be endorsed at the state land office, the exemption stands. because technically only the seller name is reassigned. haha. my guess. don't expect any transparency from govt sources any time soon!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I get it already.
As long as the transfer of property during subsale doesn't end up needing to be endorsed at the state land office, the exemption stands. because technically only the seller name is reassigned. haha. my guess. don't expect any transparency from govt sources any time soon!

Err......don't quite understand leh..... all foreign purchases should end up at state land office right? Need to pay 2% or RM20k I thought....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err......don't quite understand leh..... all foreign purchases should end up at state land office right? Need to pay 2% or RM20k I thought....

hmmmm. you got a point. anyway i'm guessing only. forget about it! you're not buying condo right?
landed i think.. confirm cannot la. :smile: :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 1,000 workers refuse to start work at JB factory after death of Nepalese colleague
Yee Xiang YunThe Star/Asia News NetworkSaturday, Aug 23, 2014

JOHOR BARU: More than 1,000 foreign workers have allegedly refused to go to work for more than 36 hours at a mechanical component factory here following the death of their Nepalese colleague.

The drama unfolded on Thursday where the workers, mostly from Nepal, threw metal pieces and glass to the ground from their four-storey accommodation quarters next to the factory in Jalan Firma 3 at the Tebrau IV industrial area here as a sign of protest.

It was learned that the strike was to show their dissatisfaction due to the death of a Nepalese worker who had died of chest pains on Thursday due to the factory's alleged negligence.

Checks by The Star found that the workers were still refusing to go to work on Saturday and there was no clear reason as to what they wanted from their employers.

A representative from the factory denied that they had neglected the deceased's initial complaints of chest pains and had given him medical leave earlier to recover.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malays...death-nepalese-colleague#sthash.fChcMdm9.dpuf

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 1,000 workers refuse to start work at JB factory after death of Nepalese colleague
Yee Xiang YunThe Star/Asia News NetworkSaturday, Aug 23, 2014

JOHOR BARU: More than 1,000 foreign workers have allegedly refused to go to work for more than 36 hours at a mechanical component factory here following the death of their Nepalese colleague.

The drama unfolded on Thursday where the workers, mostly from Nepal, threw metal pieces and glass to the ground from their four-storey accommodation quarters next to the factory in Jalan Firma 3 at the Tebrau IV industrial area here as a sign of protest.

It was learned that the strike was to show their dissatisfaction due to the death of a Nepalese worker who had died of chest pains on Thursday due to the factory's alleged negligence.

Checks by The Star found that the workers were still refusing to go to work on Saturday and there was no clear reason as to what they wanted from their employers.

A representative from the factory denied that they had neglected the deceased's initial complaints of chest pains and had given him medical leave earlier to recover.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malays...death-nepalese-colleague#sthash.fChcMdm9.dpuf

Your point?