• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually you can get part time maids to help clean. Cost about RM80 from 8am to 5pm to clean.

Oh, someone quoted me $70 RM for 4 hours. Do you mind PM me your lobang? But hard to verify if they really stay 8am-5pm because I'm not around the house and there is not much things to clean. I just need once a month. Thanks.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
retiring / staying in Jb and renting out SG hse is the perfect solution :smile:

rental in jb is set to nudge up slightly from 2014 onwards, now that 1M RM rule in place, i see a drop in singaproeans buying property in jb. but they can still rent for 1.5-2k RM and rent out their HDB, still nett profit. Hence, it's not all gloom, even for condo buyers. the cheaper you bought the condo and in good location (ie near to transport hub, amenities), the better the yield.

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
rental in jb is set to nudge up slightly from 2014 onwards, now that 1M RM rule in place, i see a drop in singaproeans buying property in jb. but they can still rent for 1.5-2k RM and rent out their HDB, still nett profit. Hence, it's not all gloom, even for condo buyers. the cheaper you bought the condo and in good location (ie near to transport hub, amenities), the better the yield.

Cannot beat Singapore for nett yield. Once rts is up, I believe it will be game changer for ppl to seriously consider living there

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't help it. I can spend at most half a day in JB due to work. One hour to vacuum, another hour to mop, then another hour to wipe dust, lizard shit and spider webs, another hour to rest, bath, go car wash... then time to go back to Singapore. No fun.

I think setting up a part time maid business in JB has good potential but must have contacts.

For lizard shit problem, try placing few empty egg shells (just a little hole to empty the inside for own consumption) on window ledges or where you can often see lizards hanging around. Works quite well.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that I dun wanna buy HDB. tikam at ballot but never kanna. so how? den buy pte. but now if wannna buy back HDB they dun allow cos they say we rich. wtf!!!

I have been saying since day one in this forum that HDB is the best! Those who can buy affordable HDB should be grateful, including SPRs.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like you have been following my posts!!! :smile:

if stay condo, its easier. more walls. less eyes.

actually nowadays the PRC mei meis are getting more high class. its not easy to bonk them anymore.

used to be as long as I drive I can get a bonk. now, I drive my benz also must depend on her wetness. know what I mean???

tot u said can sneak mei mei into condo, but not landed. :rolleyes:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lenang Heights by Sunway ( next to Tmn Molek/Ponderosa )

if your child is staying in it, RM40k is nothing. if its just the wife, then save the money. can always get a new one.

But it is super exp, my whole house if do laminate glass is quoted almost RM40000 whereas if do normal aluminium grilles is RM11000. That this new project comes with laminated glass is already quite premium.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
She lied. she would have sell her soul for an extra RM10. or maybe she just wanted you to thank her in kind. I am sure she has never tried a Hobbit before.

I think my agent still OK lah as she has been staying in Seri Alam all along. After I signed the SPA and paid up deposit, she revealed that a couple of days before I sign on SPA somebody offered her RM100K more for the unit I was buying. Thank God she did not play me out for that extra RM1000 commission.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
count yourself lucky. all you lost were a few thousand dollars. now I am stuck with a RM800k condo that i am not sure if Malaysians will buy.

although I can still do it up nicely and bring mei meis there for a good time, i would rather be your situation. RM800K is 6 years worth of KTV for me.

absolutely right. i bought a bukit indah house cheap at 600k.bank valued mkt price. developer selling more than 700k. 6 months later my application rejected cos they valued it at 400k. what a joke. all the agent fees n lawyers fee wasted not to mention the time. all the owners know their property price is high but cannot sell except to msian.

the government will robbed you on motorbike, they will snatch your bags n even blow u up. and i thought only the criminals doing it.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think setting up a part time maid business in JB has good potential but must have contacts.

For lizard shit problem, try placing few empty egg shells (just a little hole to empty the inside for own consumption) on window ledges or where you can often see lizards hanging around. Works quite well.

I have thought before. A little tricky. If things are damaged or missing in the house, you will get the hell from owners accusing your maids of stealing or in cahoot with others to burglar the house. Or there could be others that commit other crimes. There could be police cases if things escalate. You really need to have very good maids. Nothing short of doing it full time and constantly advertising for work due to part time nature of contracts. Looking at the competitive MYR rates for such services, I think it is better to stay in Singapore to earn in SGD. Singapore is a stressful place to work but it brings good income.

Thanks for the tips. I will bring up some lizard traps very soon. The shit has damaged the wall paint and is unsightly and unhealthy. Can you enlighten how the egg shell works?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm still at the evaluation stage of whether to engage part time maid. Since I will be handing over the keys to the agent, it might compromise the safety of my neighbourhood. Such a dilemma.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
She lied. she would have sell her soul for an extra RM10. or maybe she just wanted you to thank her in kind. I am sure she has never tried a Hobbit before.

did she also give out a glass bottle containing clear liquids as a present after the sale was completed.? if so, try shaking it in the dark. it might be the 'light of earendil' ! comes in handy during power outages.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the tips. I will bring up some lizard traps very soon. The shit has damaged the wall paint and is unsightly and unhealthy. Can you enlighten how the egg shell works?

you talking about those lizard shit small black long shape about 1/2cm long with a white tip, right? just leave it to dry and sweep away.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
you talking about those lizard shit small black long shape about 1/2cm long with a white tip, right? just leave it to dry and sweep away.

They left little black stains on the wall. I will have to touch up those areas. Next week is my lull week, I will look into it.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Extra RM10K sell soul? Then it means my property worth near RM2 million liao! Anyway, don't think of people that badly lah.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developers are planning to launch terraces above $1 mil RM. There should be a vacuum in the $800k-1mil range soon. Anything below will rise higher to fill the gap.

Measures might not cool M'sia home prices
Labour, material costs up 10-15%; property launches boost demand
BY PAULINE NG IN KUALA LUMPUR
PUBLISHED OCTOBER 31, 2013

HOME prices in Malaysia may not necessarily come down despite the cooling measures unveiled last week.

Labour and material costs have risen by 10-15 per cent since June after a crackdown on illegal foreign workers, even as property launches rose in Iskandar Malaysia, pushing demand up, said Eastern & Oriental (E&O) deputy managing director Eric Chan.

"Although in the short term sentiment will be affected, to me it's a question of whether people believe in the story of Medini or Iskandar Malaysia. Those who do will continue to buy because they are buying for the mid to long term," he told The Business Times in a telephone interview.

Overall demand for homes is expected to soften following a sharp increase in property taxes and the banning of the Developer Interest Bearing Scheme, which will come into effect on Jan 1 next year. The measures were announced in last week's budget.

Even so, E&O is sticking to a planned year-end launch for Avira, its maiden project in Johor's Medini, for which it is partnering sovereign wealth funds Khazanah Nasional and Temasek Holdings.

Interest in the project has been encouraging. Already, some 2,000 prospects have registered for the 200 units of terraced homes to be offered in the first of three phases of the RM3.5 billion (S$1.37 billion) mixed development on about 85 hectares, which has "wellness" at its core.

Mr Chan said that the link homes will cost at least RM1 million because "from feedback buyers want a more complete product including fittings".
He is confident that demand for Avira's terraced houses (of about 2,200 square feet built-up) will remain strong despite the government doubling the minimum floor price to RM1 million from RM500,000 and more punitive taxes.

Not only is the buying interest 10 times the number of units available, Avira is backed by Temasek and Khazanah. And even at RM500 per sq ft (psf), Mr Chan reckoned that the landed homes "are still a good proposition for the market".

Serviced residences or condominiums may be another issue altogether, however.

The high-end developer will have a better idea in the coming weeks as it is soft-launching its 220-unit Andaman Edition 18 East - the last of three towers in Seri Tanjung Pinang (STP) - in Singapore in about 10 days.

The mixed development, which boasts a water park, clubhouse and a marina, is located on the northernmost cape of Penang Island on 97 hectares of reclaimed land.

The last tower has more sea-fronting condos and better fittings, and are priced from an average RM1,500 psf. A one-bedroom studio suite of 877 sq ft starts from RM1.387 million. In comparison, the first tower sold at about RM1,100 psf and the second at RM1,250 psf when launched respectively in February and September last year.

Singaporeans or foreigners based in Singapore make up about a third of buyers in STP, where landed property was sold in the first phase when launched eight years ago. The minimum landed property price on the island for foreign purchasers is RM2 million. Even so, the Penang state government is reportedly considering another 3 per cent levy on transacted prices to deter foreign speculators.

Of the 2,000 registered for Avira, about 30 per cent are foreigners, and a number of them are existing E&O home-owners.

To curb speculation by foreigners, Malaysia bumped up the real property gains tax to 30 per cent on gains on disposal within the first five years, and 5 per cent in subsequent years. Malaysians also pay 30 per cent tax on gains, but only for the first to third year after which the tax is reduced to 20 and 15 per cent in the fourth and fifth year, respectively.

There is no tax after that, though companies are levied 5 per cent in the sixth and subsequent years.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/malaysia/measures-might-not-cool-msia-home-prices-20131031