• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Another hurdle is the last security/customs clearance where we are asked to open our boot! This place is always crowded. I am all for security but it is taking too long.

The last boot check clearance not really for security, it is for catching people who buy a lot of stuff and try to avoid paying GST.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most condos now is like close to 1000 units. Elita in Permas Jaya has got one tower but start price already over 1 million and it is vacant unit with hardly any freebies and no rebate and air-con also don't have. Depending on the Tower and level I think the PSF is from RM480++.

Just be cautious, JB is full of flippers or 黄牛党。
Already now in the resale market, you can see many offers @ PSF of about RM500 for KSL@ Daya.
If these flippers are willing to make such a small margin to let go, think twice!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just be cautious, JB is full of flippers or 黄牛党。
Already now in the resale market, you can see many offers @ PSF of about RM500 for KSL@ Daya.
If these flippers are willing to make such a small margin to let go, think twice!

KSL@Daya can flip so fast? I haven't even sign on SPA yet leh.:p

cyberfren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weekday = most are coming into SG for work
Weekend = most are going into JB for leisure

Hopefully the drop on the number of weekenders will see a drop in prices of goods and services. For those who frequent coffee-shops, it is noticeable that a cup of coffee has gone up to RM1.50 when it was RM1.30 a few months ago. And fish-ball mee used to be RM3.50 is now RM4.50 or RM5....If the locals want to blame, they might put it on Singaporeans. Actually the culprits are the operators wanting to earn more because they try to match their prices with the exchange rates. But some coffee-shops further away from the city are still selling their coffee at the old prices.

do you really think they will lower their price?!
those further away coffee-shops pay cheaper rental and labor. that's lead to cheaper coffee/teh...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

YES, YES!!!!

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304026804579413993002257128

Another China developer Greenland had already put up their hoarding and signboards and is just next to the Country Garden and yes, seems like its is going to be just as BIG!!
Expect this neighbourhood to be flooded with another 7,000 or 8,000 more condo units, its going to an all out war soon!!
Good luck to all flippers in Country Garden and Princess Cove.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think HSR will only be implemented many many years later :p. Jurong Lake District is still quite warm even in this property slum in SG. HSR is just a bonus.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think HSR will only be implemented many many years later :p. Jurong Lake District is still quite warm even in this property slum in SG. HSR is just a bonus.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...4/videos/making-singapore-a-home/1317648.html

Go to 17:55 on HSR.

He sounded rather keen on having it as it connects to China. Less than 20yrs to be up and running, I think. You'll definitely be still around to enjoy the fruits of your investments in Jurong and Johor by then.

Btw, congrats!