• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow. I thought it's quite high density. Abt 800 + units in total ?
Selling for rm500+ psf ?

Most condos now is like close to 1000 units. Elita in Permas Jaya has got one tower but start price already over 1 million and it is vacant unit with hardly any freebies and no rebate and air-con also don't have. Depending on the Tower and level I think the PSF is from RM480++.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recent Toll Fees saga has shown the relationship between the two govts is so fragile. Still safe to buy properties in JB?

Most condos now is like close to 1000 units. Elita in Permas Jaya has got one tower but start price already over 1 million and it is vacant unit with hardly any freebies and no rebate and air-con also don't have. Depending on the Tower and level I think the PSF is from RM480++.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia... A country of broken promises
If Singapore really cuts in the additional charges then it's the end for day trippers. The impact to the local economy in Johor will be felt almost immediately

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia... A country of broken promises
If Singapore really cuts in the additional charges then it's the end for day trippers. The impact to the local economy in Johor will be felt almost immediately

S'pore will match Malaysia’s new toll charges in next few weeks: LTA
POSTED: 01 Aug 2014 20:31
UPDATED: 01 Aug 2014 23:22

This is in line with Singapore's long-standing policy of matching its toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia. Should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit, said an LTA spokesman.

SINGAPORE: The Government will match Malaysia’s new toll charges in the next few weeks, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on Friday (Aug 1), in a statement issued in response to Malaysia's increase in toll charges for vehicles travelling from Singapore to Johor, and to the implementation of new Causeway toll charges on vehicles travelling from Johor to Singapore.

Malaysia's increased toll charges for all vehicles, except motorcycles, travelling from Singapore to Johor through the Causeway and its new Causeway toll for all vehicles travelling from Johor to Singapore both took effect today. The LTA understands that these changes are different from Malaysia’s earlier announcement to impose an entry fee on foreign-registered vehicles entering Johor.

The move to match these new toll charges would be in line with Singapore's long-standing policy of matching its toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia, and Malaysia is aware of this policy, said an LTA spokesman.

"As details of Malaysia’s toll revisions were not made known to Singapore earlier, LTA would need some time to operationalise the changes," the spokesman added. Noting reports that the Malaysian authorities would be reviewing the tolls, the spokesman confirmed that "should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit".

The LTA statement also pointed out the difference between Singapore’s Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) Fees, and Malaysia’s new Causeway toll charges:

• VEP and GVP fees are not intended as revenue generators or to charge vehicles for the usage of the Causeway, Second Link or other roads. Instead, they seek to equalise the cost of owning and using a foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore, with that for a Singapore-registered vehicle. The need to revise Singapore’s VEP and GVP fees arose from the fact that this cost difference has widened in recent years.
  • Based on 2013 data, the VEP fee increase will only affect about one in 10 foreign-registered cars. Other foreign-registered cars will not be affected as they enter and stay in Singapore on VEP-free days or during VEP-free hours.
  • Buses, taxis and motorcycles are not affected by the increase in Singapore’s VEP and GVP fees.

Speaking to media on the sidelines of a community event on Friday, Foreign Affairs Minister K Shanmugam also reiterated the rationale behind Singapore's decision to raise the VEP fees for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country. "It is to make sure that Singaporeans don't pay disproportionate to what others pay, and that foreign vehicles are charged an amount that's proportionate to the usage in Singapore to make sure that congestion is reduced." Mr Shanmugam said he believed that Johor's toll fee hike will not affect ties between Singapore and Malaysia.

- CNA/xy

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/s-pore-will-match/1293078.html

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore will match Malaysia’s new toll charges in next few weeks: LTA
POSTED: 01 Aug 2014 20:31
UPDATED: 01 Aug 2014 23:22

This is in line with Singapore's long-standing policy of matching its toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia. Should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit, said an LTA spokesman.

SINGAPORE: The Government will match Malaysia’s new toll charges in the next few weeks, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on Friday (Aug 1), in a statement issued in response to Malaysia's increase in toll charges for vehicles travelling from Singapore to Johor, and to the implementation of new Causeway toll charges on vehicles travelling from Johor to Singapore.

Malaysia's increased toll charges for all vehicles, except motorcycles, travelling from Singapore to Johor through the Causeway and its new Causeway toll for all vehicles travelling from Johor to Singapore both took effect today. The LTA understands that these changes are different from Malaysia’s earlier announcement to impose an entry fee on foreign-registered vehicles entering Johor.

The move to match these new toll charges would be in line with Singapore's long-standing policy of matching its toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia, and Malaysia is aware of this policy, said an LTA spokesman.

"As details of Malaysia’s toll revisions were not made known to Singapore earlier, LTA would need some time to operationalise the changes," the spokesman added. Noting reports that the Malaysian authorities would be reviewing the tolls, the spokesman confirmed that "should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit".

The LTA statement also pointed out the difference between Singapore’s Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) Fees, and Malaysia’s new Causeway toll charges:

• VEP and GVP fees are not intended as revenue generators or to charge vehicles for the usage of the Causeway, Second Link or other roads. Instead, they seek to equalise the cost of owning and using a foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore, with that for a Singapore-registered vehicle. The need to revise Singapore’s VEP and GVP fees arose from the fact that this cost difference has widened in recent years.
  • Based on 2013 data, the VEP fee increase will only affect about one in 10 foreign-registered cars. Other foreign-registered cars will not be affected as they enter and stay in Singapore on VEP-free days or during VEP-free hours.
  • Buses, taxis and motorcycles are not affected by the increase in Singapore’s VEP and GVP fees.

Speaking to media on the sidelines of a community event on Friday, Foreign Affairs Minister K Shanmugam also reiterated the rationale behind Singapore's decision to raise the VEP fees for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country. "It is to make sure that Singaporeans don't pay disproportionate to what others pay, and that foreign vehicles are charged an amount that's proportionate to the usage in Singapore to make sure that congestion is reduced." Mr Shanmugam said he believed that Johor's toll fee hike will not affect ties between Singapore and Malaysia.

- CNA/xy

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/s-pore-will-match/1293078.html

Bullet point 3 contradicts bullet point 1.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 3am I was still squeezing into JB for 30 minutes at Woodlands Checkpoint!

Really sickening. I thought Singaporeans will avoid JB and Malaysians will avoid driving in out after the Toll increase from RM 2.9 to RM 16.50 at Malaysia side

It just shows that Singaporeans are immuned to high tolls after getting used to ERP + Season Parking + COE. Tolls of RM 16.50 is irrelevant.

I am observing and will go to JB again for my regular massage after LTA matches the toll of RM 16.50. RM 33 per round trip I hope the jam will subside. Its getting crazier when Singaporeans keep saying JB economy will be affected. I passed by PETRONAS and Shells just now at 330am and still see our regular Petrol Warriors on guard duty holding the pump machiam its a SAR 21.

AFter the LTA matches the toll and still the jam persist, I will have to monitor the situation after the RM 50 VEP. Seems that everyone is paying happily to squeeze into JB to dig gold

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like in general the prices in Malaysia properties will slowly increase although not double in two years that increase

Property prices to continue to increase, says REHDA
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by PropertyGuru Malaysia

Aug 1, 2014
table_add Comment email_go E-mail to friend share Bookmark & Share
Property prices in Malaysia will continue to increase due to the supply and demand factor as well as the high land cost, according to Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) president Datuk Seri FD Iskandar Mansor.

Notably, the average annual housing completion stood at 100,000 compared to the average annual household formation of 140,000, revealed the National Property Information Centre.

According to Iskandar, who also serves as managing director and chief executive officer of Glomac Bhd, the public have the misconception that developers are responsible for the rising property prices.

He explained that it is impossible for developers to maintain or lower the selling price for new launches due to land cost and high conversion premium, which has recently increased by up to 300 percent.

He also noted that the cost of doing business has been expanding each year, and, unlike before, developers no longer enjoy the 30 percent profit margin.

In fact, developers now only make around 15 percent profit margin because of high development and infrastructure charges, compliance cost, stamp duty and quit rent.

Moreover, land is getting scarce and more expensive.

“In early 2007, when Glomac bought land nearby the Petronas Twin Towers, the seller asked for RM1,000 per square feet (psf) but we wanted to pay only RM600 psf. I knew what we wanted to build on it so we paid RM1,000 psf,” said Iskandar.

“Now, that same piece of land is worth RM3,500 psf and the value of the building has risen. Land cost has tripled in the last seven years.”

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice smooth traffic from SG to JB. I took around 45 mins to get from Woodlands (10:50 pm) to Taman Molek (11:35 pm), and this morning, I took roughly 35 mins to get from Taman Molek (7 am) to Woodlands (735 am).

Today's traffic situation has shown clearly where the bulk of JB's population resides. 2nd link is clear both ways, while incoming from JB to SG is jammed.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure? I am looking at Cam now for Causeway coming into Singapore its 100% packed. For those leaving Singapore its also packed although not so bad as in packed till BKE Woodlands cameras.

I was hoping the toll will bring back the past Q where Saturday morning there are zero traffic when u see the cameras.

Nice smooth traffic from SG to JB. I took around 45 mins to get from Woodlands (10:50 pm) to Taman Molek (11:35 pm), and this morning, I took roughly 35 mins to get from Taman Molek (7 am) to Woodlands (735 am).

Today's traffic situation has shown clearly where the bulk of JB's population resides. 2nd link is clear both ways, while incoming from JB to SG is jammed.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure? I am looking at Cam now for Causeway coming into Singapore its 100% packed. For those leaving Singapore its also packed although not so bad as in packed till BKE Woodlands cameras.

I was hoping the toll will bring back the past Q where Saturday morning there are zero traffic when u see the cameras.

Leaving SG where got packed? It's clear on both links. You have to expect a bit of traffic on the flyover man. It's a post Hari Raya weekend after all. It seems that Malaysians dun really bother abt the toll so much. The jam is from MY to SG side. I reached CIQ at 720 am so it was all smooth.

Sat morning clear traffic? U mean 30-40 years ago ah?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sat morning clear traffic was like 2 years ago only. Only about 4 years ago, I used to leave Woodlands custom at 930pm on Friday night and the Q is like 5 minutes but most of the time I am 4th or 5th car in the Q. The congestion really started these few years

I am looking at Tuas now 11:10am. Jam all the way entering Singapore. Leaving Singapore no problem. The tolls don't seem to have any significant effect on jams although I would say there is a 5% drop in movement

Leaving SG where got packed? It's clear on both links. You have to expect a bit of traffic on the flyover man. It's a post Hari Raya weekend after all. It seems that Malaysians dun really bother abt the toll so much. The jam is from MY to SG side. I reached CIQ at 720 am so it was all smooth.

Sat morning clear traffic? U mean 30-40 years ago ah?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, traffic is back to 2 years+ ago. I wonder how are e businesses in JB today. Once SG toll kicks in, jams shd mostly disappear, so will some shops in JB.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, traffic is back to 2 years+ ago. I wonder how are e businesses in JB today. Once SG toll kicks in, jams shd mostly disappear, so will some shops in JB.

It wont disappear, but at reduced traffic. ERP already cost S$6 on some SG gantries. If MY govt really implements RM 50 VEH, then that will have a bigger effect on JB.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Factories, security firms, cleaning firms, retail will be affected in SG if transport companies go bust in JB.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jams into Sg is mostly because of our immigration officers who are taking a very long time to clear Malaysian passports/cars. If security is their utmost concern, then they should have separate lanes for foreign cars and SG cars like Changi airport when we return.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jams into Sg is mostly because of our immigration officers who are taking a very long time to clear Malaysian passports/cars. If security is their utmost concern, then they should have separate lanes for foreign cars and SG cars like Changi airport when we return.

I agree. Another hurdle is the last security/customs clearance where we are asked to open our boot! This place is always crowded. I am all for security but it is taking too long.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah now like that which foreigner will still dare to buy properties in JB?

I think a lot of Singapore and Chinese buyers thought that they could flip over when the times come. But with the ever changing new policies, there won't be any secondary market to flip over in years to come! And some developers say people are keen to buy despite the higher toll charges - keen does not equal a close deal!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like people are tired about the toll increase.

No jams. Amazing. When Singapore customs cut in the same rate then it's really game over. Haha.
Great move Malaysian govt.