• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The logic is very clear westman...

All sizeable land lots around second link have already been taken up:

Gerbang Nusajaya: 4,800 acres
PTP Pelepas: 3,500 acres
Medini: 2.200 acres
Educity/Edu Park:1,500 acres
Leisure Farm: 1,800 acres
Sunway Iskandar: 1,800 acres
Puteri Harbour: 1,800 acres (including residential landed)
Horizon Hills 1,200 acres
East Ledang/Ledang Heights: 600 acres
One Nu Nusajaya: 400 acres
Eco Botanic: 270 acres

Nusajaya perimeter is restrained by Sungai Pulai Ramsar Site Mangrove Reserve (25,000 acres) and the Johor Staits...
Yes, there are a few hundred acres around PTP pelepas vicinity, but most of the land is breaken down in small lots, with multiple landowners, thus, making it very difficult to plan an intregrated development. Furthermore, we are talking about less than 1,000 acres, which is small compared to the Nusajaya Land of 25,000 acres.

JB has so many undeveloped lands around secondary link....

cannot understand the logic to reclaim new lands.... "pocket" monies?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nusajaya perimeter is restrained by Sungai Pulai Ramsar Site Mangrove Reserve (25,000 acres) and the Johor Staits...
Yes, there are a few hundred acres around PTP pelepas vicinity, but most of the land is breaken down in small lots, with multiple landowners, thus, making it very difficult to plan an intregrated development. Furthermore, we are talking about less than 1,000 acres, which is small compared to the Nusajaya Land of 25,000 acres.

Good work juanra ! very informative.

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, hope everyone is all good and well.

Wish to check if anyone knows about a new project coming up in Medini called Grand Medini? Developer is Grand Global.

Theres a small booth located at Tesco, Bukit Indah and i kepo2 so just look2 see2. The condo will be located beside the future Gleneagles Hospital. A 3 tower condo.
Price range from 850-950 per sq ft. 1 bedder (584 sqft) at around RM526k and 2 bedder (798 sqft) at ard RM719k. Waiver of legal fee and theres a rebate on 1st period at 3%, 2nd period 5% and finally a RM26k after completion.
(Didnt clarify on what or when the period is).

Was told the sales gallery will be up by mid July this year location will be at Mall of Medini and currently they are doing a soft launch. Even website does not provide details on the floor plans watsover and only to register interest. http://grandmedini.my/

Any seasoned and experienced investor here care to share on this project as I am helping out my dad to invest in JB. Thanks guys and appreciate it much!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, hope everyone is all good and well.

Wish to check if anyone knows about a new project coming up in Medini called Grand Medini? Developer is Grand Global.

Theres a small booth located at Tesco, Bukit Indah and i kepo2 so just look2 see2. The condo will be located beside the future Gleneagles Hospital. A 3 tower condo.
Price range from 850-950 per sq ft. 1 bedder (584 sqft) at around RM526k and 2 bedder (798 sqft) at ard RM719k. Waiver of legal fee and theres a rebate on 1st period at 3%, 2nd period 5% and finally a RM26k after completion.
(Didnt clarify on what or when the period is).

Was told the sales gallery will be up by mid July this year location will be at Mall of Medini and currently they are doing a soft launch. Even website does not provide details on the floor plans watsover and only to register interest. http://grandmedini.my/

Any seasoned and experienced investor here care to share on this project as I am helping out my dad to invest in JB. Thanks guys and appreciate it much!

800-950psf in johor??? look at KL instead. better looking babes.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you factor in "1st period at 3%, 2nd period 5% and finally a RM26k" I suspect it could well go down to RM 700psf even though I donno what is 1st or 2nd period.

Selling point is next to Gleneagles. I have property agents in Singapore who told me there are super rich Indonesians who will rent condos at S$10,000 and above at Orchard or Holland for 6-12 months just to be close to the hospital for their treatment

With ISkandar now doing everything which Singapore has been doing ( at only 30% of the cost ), Singapore is destined for doom in 2030. This I dare to say for sure. Already SIA is no longer making as much profits as it used to be

800-950psf in johor??? look at KL instead. better looking babes.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a seasoned investor but I think if it is directly beside Gleneagles hospital and the hospital is really opening there, then a 2-bedder after the rebate seems okay. However given the lack of details, it is better to research on the reliability of the developer. There are recent cases of project cancellation in Johor.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow.. super informative.. plus 1

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a reminder....... Location Location Location.....

Not empty land empty land empty land.

[video=youtube;qAMWPQM2SI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAMWPQM2SI0[/video]

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB has so many undeveloped lands around secondary link....

cannot understand the logic to reclaim new lands.... "pocket" monies?

I think it will be a perfect storm. You have Chinese developers who are used to create huge towns out of nowhere. They can make money as long as more than half are sold. They aren't concerned with creating ghost towns. You also have a royal family eager to grab quick money from selling tons and tons of land. I believe the land reclamation is politically driven to prevent Singapore from reclaiming further in the Johor Straits.

I am actually shocked that there are people here who are excited about the new mega-developments by Country Garden and R&F. With all the upcoming residential property supply in an area 3 times the size of Singapore with only 30% of our population, I can't see how the property prices will go up.

I certainly hope this is not true as I have invested in Iskandar... It appears that the only one who will gain from these development is the Sultan of Johor...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good reminder, especially with the big supply of condos being pushed out. Be more careful where and when you are putting your Sing dollars.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shctaw has made clear over his many posts about his preference for JB city vs nusajaya.

I don't share his views.

To me, it's all about residential densities and sustainability.

While country garden can boost 10,000 units in 50 acres and R&F 30,000 units in 100 acres, Sunway Iskandar
1,800 acres will just have 30,000 units.

Nusajaya has been masterplaned by khazanah, and their vision is to have a residential enclave with low densities which translates in better quality of life.

Likewise, Puteri harbour with low rise kota iskandar and it's three landed enclaves (emerald bay, d'Estuary, residential south), leisure farm with one acre lots bungalows, HH with its golf course etc...

But even more important than low densities, it's the sustainability. All these chinese developers only bring condo, condos and condos. I have yet to see any catalyts projects in the old JB city.

On the contrary, khazanah has invested in several catalyts projects that will drive the demand for the low densities nusajaya residential developements:

Legoland complex (hotel and water theme park)
Educity
Motorsport city
Kota Iskandar
Gerbang Nusajaya China Mall
HH Golf and Country Club
Puteri Harbour Public marina
Puteri Harbour Indoor theme park and Traders hotel
PH CIQ Ferry terminal
Pinewood studios
World class international schools (Marlborough School, RAS, Sunway International school)
Ascendas Teack Park
SILC Industrial
High Speed Rail Station
Frost and Sullivan global innovation office
Huawei Data Centre
Markers medini: office towers fully tenanted to Khazanah, Iskandsr Investment, IRDA
Medini Mall managed by Land Lease
Gleneagles Medini
Affiniti Corporate training centre, Wellness centre, Somerset service apartment
Avira Wellness Sanctuary
Southern Access Highway
Medini Sports Village
Educity Sports Complex.
Sunway Educatuon Hub, Healthcare Hub, Business Park, Eco theme Park, Theme hotel and Shopping Malls

All the above are catalysts developments for a sustainable Nusajaya.

The only high densities in Nusajaya will be in Medini, which will be de facto CBD centre. Even Gerbang nusajaya will be a low density environment.

I hope you all can appreciate the difference between Nusajaya and JB city.

Thanks Khazanah for make it happen.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second link development is well planned.
Only problem is that execution is gonna take a long time and that's pretty unpredictable. A lot of things can trip it up and also residential prices are also getting pretty pricey.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup... I agree 100% with your message.

Only problem is that execution is gonna take a long time and that's pretty unpredictable. A lot of things can trip it up and also residential prices are also getting pretty pricey.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do not get me wrong. I have also vested and like to see success. It will take some time to get well paying jobs up which will pay the rent or buy the condos at higher price.
Google and you will see what is the average pay of the Legoland stuff.

I am confident prices will go up in 10 yrs time. But those who are old enough will remember that if you had bought a property in 1997/8 how long did you have to wait to have seen a real profit.

Also look at Malaysian politics, unless it change 180, it is much more nationalistic than Singapore.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I keep thinking of what LKY has said about investing in Johor.
Leopard just don't change its spots.
Cross border politics is dicey.