• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
in 1990s - singapore wanton mee SGD 2.50. m'sia wanton mee 3RM.

now singapore WTM SGD 3. msia WTM 5-6RM.

Yes food price is more ex dollar for dollar. But we need to see the overall picture. Rm 10k in klang vs sgd 10k pm income, I think this will be the household income of a young professional couple with say 5 yrs work exp. You can get a new car for rm 50k, a small terrace or 1000ft condo for rm 500k , in greater KL (klang valley). One of my niece moved to Serembang to buy a house there. Where can we move within Singapore to get a 1000ft condo at sgd 500k ?

Food is relatively cheaper in Sgp dollar for dollar but bare in mind in sgp if they buy a car and today price 1000sqft condo, how much of their income is left for others.
For the lower income in Malaysia its much worst as the basics are EX but I am trying to compare the middle and upper middle incomes. Even in Singapore folks with 20k pm household income come and complain to me money no enuf.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
at jalan trus, solitary stall facing puteri pacific hotel is rm4.50

singapore same story. some place (i think whampoa market) still can get 2.50SGD wanton mee. but generally about 3sgd now. chicken rice at tampines 2sgd got one stall opposite temasek poly

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore same story. some place (i think whampoa market) still can get 2.50SGD wanton mee. but generally about 3sgd now. chicken rice at tampines 2sgd got one stall opposite temasek poly
haha!!, at bedok centre wet market, it is S$2, stall is facing the street. good serve size

(sorry, not practising a oneupsmanship, always on lookout for deals)

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha!!, at bedok centre wet market, it is S$2, stall is facing the street. good serve size

(sorry, not practising a oneupsmanship, always on lookout for deals)
$2 chicken rice or wtm?
yaya i know dun worry i like looking for cheap food too. next time try ur trus st one.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Bukit Indah kopi shop, my wtm is 4 for small, 5 for medium, 6 for big.

So you guys talking of what size? Size matters here!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes food price is more ex dollar for dollar. But we need to see the overall picture. Rm 10k in klang vs sgd 10k pm income, I think this will be the household income of a young professional couple with say 5 yrs work exp. You can get a new car for rm 50k, a small terrace or 1000ft condo for rm 500k , in greater KL (klang valley). One of my niece moved to Serembang to buy a house there. Where can we move within Singapore to get a 1000ft condo at sgd 500k ?

Food is relatively cheaper in Sgp dollar for dollar but bare in mind in sgp if they buy a car and today price 1000sqft condo, how much of their income is left for others.
For the lower income in Malaysia its much worst as the basics are EX but I am trying to compare the middle and upper middle incomes. Even in Singapore folks with 20k pm household income come and complain to me money no enuf.

Agree with you. Major expenditure to middle and upper middle income people is house and car that are both very expensive in Spore. Not forgetting good medical care and eating out also much higher in Spore.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia has imposed 25% entertainment tax on cinemas, amusement parks, stage shows etc. Expect ticket prices to increase very soon. Some may have already been raised. Inflation next year will be crazy.