• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since the 1970s, it is common knowledge in SG & MY military doctrine that cutting off our water supply is tantamount to an act of war.

Oic thank you. So it is something to fight and not something to be thankful for them not cutting off water supply. Good to know that, nowadays hear too often from govt, foreigners in Spore and Singaporeans (or so they claimed) reminding Singaporeans to be thankful of everything and anything!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now there is no such thing as cutting water supply anymore. One thing I am thankful for the very intelligent government in Singapore is that they are so tu-lan with the administration for the decades old threat of cutting off water supplies that they make water from pang-sai- chwee ( shit water ). After that, no more threats. Guess those in Putrajaya know that the Singaporeans would rather drink shit-water than to buy from them!

The reservoir in Pulai, after returned to Johor, became a big big mess. You guys should go there and see for yourself. Yuck!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now there is no such thing as cutting water supply anymore. One thing I am thankful for the very intelligent government in Singapore is that they are so tu-lan with the administration for the decades old threat of cutting off water supplies that they make water from pang-sai- chwee ( shit water ). After that, no more threats. Guess those in Putrajaya know that the Singaporeans would rather drink shit-water than to buy from them!

The reservoir in Pulai, after returned to Johor, became a big big mess. You guys should go there and see for yourself. Yuck!

If Middle East countries can survive with their own man made water, so can Singapore. Only cave men trapped in their old world think sky is the only source of water. Worst case scenario is pee twice and half flush once. It is not life threatening.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
We just hope one day Johorean wont import the pang-sai-chwee from singapore bcos singapore sell us back the processed water.

While crossing back to Singapore and stuck in the usual jam, I looked at the queue of lorries bring all the food. I wonder if one day they stop then how. It then struck me since we over came the water threat, we can also over come the food threat. Eat less also good since most of us overweight.
It was a blessing with the new water or else we would have suffered during the dry spell early this year.

In the end I think better both side have good relation and both win.

Last edited:

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I just laugh at the naivety of certain forumers who think part of the money will go to improving JB roads/amenities etc, rather than 5th Avenue shopping sprees. I thought Malaysians are typically more streetwise.

Yes, I concur, M'sia already spent lot of $ to improve the road etc, may be even more $ per KM than SG did it but always these contract ($$$) went to some 1 pockets not to the road. lolx

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thing is that besides Malaysia, there are plenty of places for Singapore to import food. As of now they are doing the dirty jobs for the developed economies. If they become developed like Singapore one day ( I say IF but it will be our grand kids era ), they might decide to import food from Thailand etc

While crossing back to Singapore and stuck in the usual jam, I looked at the queue of lorries bring all the food. I wonder if one day they stop then how. It then struck me since we over came the water threat, we can also over come the food threat. Eat less also good since most of us overweight.
It was a blessing with the new water or else we would have suffered during the dry spell early this year.

In the end I think better both side have good relation and both win.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thing is that besides Malaysia, there are plenty of places for Singapore to import food. As of now they are doing the dirty jobs for the developed economies. If they become developed like Singapore one day ( I say IF but it will be our grand kids era ), they might decide to import food from Thailand etc

Some years back we visited Vietnam, the tour guide admired Singapore and wondered when Vietnam will produce computers instead of rice. I told him without rice we will die, without computer life will be slower.
Malaysia should consider improving the yield of the land and industrialize farming to the level like the US.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are going the right way but it takes another 70-100 years perhaps to match Singapore pace.

I am surprised Malaysia GDP is almost the same as Singapore even though the country is 500+ times bigger than Singapore and the population is 6 times bigger. Given a right govt, Malaysia could be an Asia Superpower in 2100

Some years back we visited Vietnam, the tour guide admired Singapore and wondered when Vietnam will produce computers instead of rice. I told him without rice we will die, without computer life will be slower.
Malaysia should consider improving the yield of the land and industrialize farming to the level like the US.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, I believe whatever price they charge can always be revised.

If they charge too high and subsequently see that Iskandar takes a bit hit, they can reduce the VEP.
If they charge too low and Iskandar continues to grow strongly for many years, they can also increase it in the far future when Iskandar is more developed.

All these are just minor set backs and hiccups, I'll choose to look far. Najib won't be sooo stupid to watch his baby Iskandar crashes and still insists to charge high VEP.

There is always a first time and then it carries on, mostly with increases rather than decreases. When the charge is imposed, the money goes somewhere and it is hard to stop or decrease. So the first time has to be right, otherwise investors and consumers shun away. Actually travelling by bus into JB is much faster than by cars, but it is very difficult to buy many things if we do not come back by car.....Singapore imposed the charges during limited timings, I don't hear anything about this from JB. RM20 was mentioned in 2012, but it was kived. Wonder if they will do it this time.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are going the right way but it takes another 70-100 years perhaps to match Singapore pace.

I am surprised Malaysia GDP is almost the same as Singapore even though the country is 500+ times bigger than Singapore and the population is 6 times bigger. Given a right govt, Malaysia could be an Asia Superpower in 2100

I am a strong supporter of happiness index. Per capita gdp I think we have surpass Switzerland but yet to achieve a Swiss standard of living. Many of us here are going over to have a "Malaysian standard of living". Even if we forget about our strong sgd, most professionals in Malaysia will be able to afford a landed, 2 cars and a similar lifestyle like his counterpart in Singapore. I may be fortunate to only know Malaysian to have made it but I think I am not far off.
In the past I hardly hear of Singaporean going to KL to work, now I am hearing a few.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
My staff in Selangor kept asking me to increase their pay because a family income of RM 10000 a month, according to them, is not enough on theory. I donno how true this is

I am a strong supporter of happiness index. Per capita gdp I think we have surpass Switzerland but yet to achieve a Swiss standard of living. Many of us here are going over to have a "Malaysian standard of living". Even if we forget about our strong sgd, most professionals in Malaysia will be able to afford a landed, 2 cars and a similar lifestyle like his counterpart in Singapore. I may be fortunate to only know Malaysian to have made it but I think I am not far off.
In the past I hardly hear of Singaporean going to KL to work, now I am hearing a few.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
My staff in Selangor kept asking me to increase their pay because a family income of RM 10000 a month, according to them, is not enough on theory. I donno how true this is

Well I am no big boss but I believe we pay or get paid base on our value to company or market value. Just a month back over radio, a doctor and teacher couple complained money not enuf. Another guy with household income of sgd 25k pm said he was stressed and asked if gov can help stressed couple to coup with life.
I do not know whats the market rate in Malaysia I think as an employer you have a better feel.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is that inflation in Malaysia is worse than Singapore. Much worse. You talk to the Malaysians in Singapore and they seem glad that they can go NTUC with S$50 and still got change.. but in Malaysia its RM 100+. I don't feel the pinch as I rarely spend money

Well I am no big boss but I believe we pay or get paid base on our value to company or market value. Just a month back over radio, a doctor and teacher couple complained money not enuf. Another guy with household income of sgd 25k pm said he was stressed and asked if gov can help stressed couple to coup with life.
I do not know whats the market rate in Malaysia I think as an employer you have a better feel.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

whic part of selangor? in KV?

10k RM per month is middle class income. can survive only. won't starve. if the couple is based in a small town (rawang, kuala selangor, etc) then 10k rm is quite comfy. if based in KV (subang jaya for eg) then it's a bit tight. but doable. depend how many kids too. :(

there are many many malaysians who are much poorer.

and inflation is very bad in m'sia. i can't believe the prices of things these days. breakfast... 5-6RM for a wanton mee , 2.50RM for cup of teh. that's singapore price already.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is that inflation in Malaysia is worse than Singapore. Much worse. You talk to the Malaysians in Singapore and they seem glad that they can go NTUC with S$50 and still got change.. but in Malaysia its RM 100+. I don't feel the pinch as I rarely spend money

in 1990s - singapore wanton mee SGD 2.50. m'sia wanton mee 3RM.

now singapore WTM SGD 3. msia WTM 5-6RM.