• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Johor Baru develops rapidly with more skyscrapers, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today wondered who will be the inhabitants of the city.

Malaysia's longest-serving prime minister wrote in his blog that the "New Johor Baru", as he described the development, would take the country to a new era.

"Just like Kuala Lumpur, Johor Baru will achieve Vision 2020 earlier than other cities in the country," Dr Mahathir (pic) wrote.

"However, question remains as to who will live and work in the various skyscrapers being built in the new Johor Baru? Where will they come from?" Dr Mahathir said the new skyscrapers were not cheap as the materials used in the construction were of the finest quality.

"Of course the materials used are marble and granite… lifts and escalators have been installed for the convenience of visitors.

"The top floors may be 30 to 40 floors high, obviously luxury flats with rentals of up to tens of thousands of ringgit per month.

"Therefore, could it be possible that the tenants of these luxury offices and residences be from Majidee or Gelang Patah?"

He expressed concern that the tenants would not be Malays or locals from Johor Baru or surrounding villages.

Dr Mahathir cited an example where in 1819, Singapore had been sold to the British by the Temenggong for the price of 60,000 Spanish dollars.

"At that time, there were just a few fishermen who lived in Singapore and made a living there," he said.

"Foreigners flooded into Singapore until the original inhabitants were completely outnumbered in the cities which flourished on the island state."

He warned that there would be a possibility that the new Johor Baru might also eventually follow in the footsteps of Singapore.

"Under the current system, anyone who has lived and worked in Malaysia for between 10 to 12 years is entitled to citizenship.

"Malaysia is also known for being accommodating and welcoming. Just look at the current situation in the country."

Dr Mahathir also took a swipe at the current administration, saying Putrajaya was intent on achieving a developed-nation status at any cost. – July 8, 2014.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...to-foreigners-not-locals#sthash.Hj16DuhC.dpuf

In 2008, Tun said Iskandar will be filled by Singaporeans. Now he wonders who they will be.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time was buffet style and BBQ. Anyone can take and cook what they like to eat.
Now they say fully ala carte. Local food and international cusine in different sections of the restaurant.
Then got smoking and non smoking sections. Next time they will say men and women cannot eat together.

Y so susah. Eat at home la.

JB is planning for those in international cuisine section to pay extra tax for every minute you sit in that section. I think no Singaporeans will be entering the restaurant now. JB government thinks too highly of its own cuisine, and assumes Singaporeans will starve if they don't come and eat. Sad to say, I think the sales will stall this year and possibly correct by 10-20% from current launch prices by next year. A lot of Singaporean diners in the restaurants might be caught with their pants down.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB is planning for those in international cuisine section to pay extra tax for every minute you sit in that section. I think no Singaporeans will be entering the restaurant now. JB government thinks too highly of its own cuisine, and assumes Singaporeans will starve if they don't come and eat. Sad to say, I think the sales will stall this year and possibly correct by 10-20% from current launch prices by next year. A lot of Singaporean diners in the restaurants might be caught with their pants down.

Correction of 10 - 20%. Precisely that is the main objective from all these talk. Just like in Spore. The cooling measures is taking its effect.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction of 10 - 20%. Precisely that is the main objective from all these talk. Just like in Spore. The cooling measures is taking its effect.

Those who enter the restaurant now could end up as the steak inside for the JB government officials to feast on.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

singaporeans should not have had their pants down in the restaurant in the first place. those who followed where and what the locals eat and did not oversstuff their buffet plates with international cuisine should be feeling reasonably safe. less indigestion anyway!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans should not have had their pants down in the restaurant in the first place. those who followed where and what the locals eat and did not oversstuff their buffet plates with international cuisine should be feeling reasonably safe. less indigestion anyway!

The problem is they cannot see their friends having a good meal. They tend to take more than they can eat as long as they have more than others.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the money went to buy berjaya shs... More development and speculation coming.. Stay tune.

He will say this piece of land is now zoned as international land and therefore not subjected to old regulations. Huge Entertainment and Convention City on the way..Vegas style...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be able to eat all is an achievement. Unlike foreigners, malaysians cannot afford expensive buffet.
International buffets are for the exclusives.

Is it? I see my Msian neighbours all look quite rich, spending much on reno and have few cars.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never seen rules that change so drastically to and fro in any country.
No wonder our founding father mention "With a stroke of a pen they can take it over"
His words are very wise.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Johor Baru develops rapidly with more skyscrapers, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today wondered who will be the inhabitants of the city.

Malaysia's longest-serving prime minister wrote in his blog that the "New Johor Baru", as he described the development, would take the country to a new era.

"Just like Kuala Lumpur, Johor Baru will achieve Vision 2020 earlier than other cities in the country," Dr Mahathir (pic) wrote.

"However, question remains as to who will live and work in the various skyscrapers being built in the new Johor Baru? Where will they come from?" Dr Mahathir said the new skyscrapers were not cheap as the materials used in the construction were of the finest quality.

"Of course the materials used are marble and granite… lifts and escalators have been installed for the convenience of visitors.

"The top floors may be 30 to 40 floors high, obviously luxury flats with rentals of up to tens of thousands of ringgit per month.

"Therefore, could it be possible that the tenants of these luxury offices and residences be from Majidee or Gelang Patah?"

He expressed concern that the tenants would not be Malays or locals from Johor Baru or surrounding villages.

Dr Mahathir cited an example where in 1819, Singapore had been sold to the British by the Temenggong for the price of 60,000 Spanish dollars.

"At that time, there were just a few fishermen who lived in Singapore and made a living there," he said.

"Foreigners flooded into Singapore until the original inhabitants were completely outnumbered in the cities which flourished on the island state."

He warned that there would be a possibility that the new Johor Baru might also eventually follow in the footsteps of Singapore.

"Under the current system, anyone who has lived and worked in Malaysia for between 10 to 12 years is entitled to citizenship.

"Malaysia is also known for being accommodating and welcoming. Just look at the current situation in the country."

Dr Mahathir also took a swipe at the current administration, saying Putrajaya was intent on achieving a developed-nation status at any cost. – July 8, 2014.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...to-foreigners-not-locals#sthash.Hj16DuhC.dpuf

Dr M is obviously scolding and chided the sultan in an indirect way for raking in billions by selling land and even the sea to foreigners (which is worse in this case, to Mainland Chinese developers) without giving any thoughts for the State. "Where will they come from?", simply means that those fancy developments will not be tenanted by the locals especially the Malays and coming from a hardcore nationalist, this is bad news.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never seen rules that change so drastically to and fro in any country.
No wonder our founding father mention "With a stroke of a pen they can take it over"
His words are very wise.

All these risks shd have been factored into e low price relative to SG.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those buying for own stay, I would say can buy. I will still highly recommend freehold G&G landed. Prices have increased but still very much cheaper than in SG. Those who want condos got to do more home work, but I suugest go for quality ones near 1st or 2nd link.