• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good la let all the troubled PRCs go to Malaysia with their cash. Then Singapore will have peace. I want to see my investments grow.. its the PRCs who are loaded with cash.

I have 2 neighbors who are Malays. 1 from Singapore (now a Malaysian citizen already) and the other, pure born and bread Malaysians. Both are not on talking terms even though they are living next to each other. Even the Malaysian Malays do look down on their Singaporean counterpart and it's a well known fact. Anyway, I have always maintained neutrality and made friends with both my Malay neighbors. Even during every Hari Raya, the ex-Singaporean Malay will give us some of their dishes on the eve of Hari Raya, whilst the Malaysian Malay will invite us on the actual day for a lunch treat. I'd also offered them hampers in exchange. I am after all, living on "borrowed land".

As the ex-Singaporean Malay family is less well off, I'd even collected those used children clothing from my sister's grandchildren to give to them frequently. Mind you, my sister's family is the "Atas" type and their grandchildren's clothes are mostly branded and expensive. Her primary school grandson goes for S$25 haircuts in Suntec City, taking kid's golf lessons and being chauffeured everywhere in a TOYOTA VELLFIRE.

Most of the Chinks on the other hand, are proud, arrogant, snobbish, selfish and filled with greed. Do you think these people can assimilate well into their Malay culture? When Ah Tiong Land will become world's #1, their attitude will become even worse and I'm sure they will further look down on those below them. It had already happened in Sinkie Land when recently 2 ATBs assaulted a local cosmetic salesgirl in a department store with derogatory terms and snobbish remarks. In Ah Tiong Land, I'd been told straight in front of me:

"We had been bullied by people for so many years already, so, now it's our turn to bully others."

"What you have in Singapore which we don't have? Furthermore, ours are even bigger than yours."

"With our over 1 billion population, we just need each of us to make a pee and your Singapore will sink in no time."

With the above boastful and vengeful mentality, do you believe these people can be refined? Not in my lifetime I'll tell you.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 2 neighbors who are Malays. 1 from Singapore (now a Malaysian citizen already) and the other, pure born and bread Malaysians. Both are not on talking terms even though they are living next to each other. Even the Malaysian Malays do look down on their Singaporean counterpart and it's a well known fact. Anyway, I have always maintained neutrality and made friends with both my Malay neighbors. Even during every Hari Raya, the ex-Singaporean Malay will give us some of their dishes on the eve of Hari Raya, whilst the Malaysian Malay will invite us on the actual day for a lunch treat. I'd also offered them hampers in exchange. I am after all, living on "borrowed land".

As the ex-Singaporean Malay family is less well off, I'd even collected those used children clothing from my sister's grandchildren to give to them frequently. Mind you, my sister's family is the "Atas" type and their grandchildren's clothes are mostly branded and expensive. Her primary school grandson goes for S$25 haircuts in Suntec City, taking kid's golf lessons and being chauffeured everywhere in a TOYOTA VELLFIRE.

Most of the Chinks on the other hand, are proud, arrogant, snobbish, selfish and filled with greed. Do you think these people can assimilate well into their Malay culture? When Ah Tiong Land will become world's #1, their attitude will become even worse and I'm sure they will further look down on those below them. It had already happened in Sinkie Land when recently 2 ATBs assaulted a local cosmetic salesgirl in a department store with derogatory terms and snobbish remarks. In Ah Tiong Land, I'd been told straight in front of me:

"We had been bullied by people for so many years already, so, now it's our turn to bully others."

"What you have in Singapore which we don't have? Furthermore, ours are even bigger than yours."

"With our over 1 billion population, we just need each of us to make a pee and your Singapore will sink in no time."

With the above boastful and vengeful mentality, do you believe these people can be refined? Not in my lifetime I'll tell you.

All this reminds me of what Tommy Koh once said:

"[Asean's] mix of ethnicity has led to unique cultural traits which mark Singaporean Chinese and Indians, for example, as different from those in China and India.

Malay culture has "softened" the rough edges, he said, and helped make them less arrogant and confrontational respectively.

Malay culture is "more subtle, more nuanced, and more appreciative of people who are halus (Malay for 'refined')", and this "has made us less garang (Malay for 'fierce'), less show-off"."

http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20121124-385564.html

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do not mind being your neighbour. It will be ooouch if my kids had a $25 haircut.
There is always the good, the bad and the ugly. The Chinese have just gone from 3rd world to 1st world in wealth hence it is a learning road for them. I remember my parent generation, pretty much felt it was all right to take the airline fork and spoon since they paid for it.lol.

Seriously if you are the rich ones in Singapore there is little motivation to move to Malaysia. Rich I mean those who has no problem forking out multi million $ to buy properties in Singapore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not mind being your neighbour. It will be ooouch if my kids had a $25 haircut.
There is always the good, the bad and the ugly. The Chinese have just gone from 3rd world to 1st world in wealth hence it is a learning road for them. I remember my parent generation, pretty much felt it was all right to take the airline fork and spoon since they paid for it.lol.

Seriously if you are the rich ones in Singapore there is little motivation to move to Malaysia. Rich I mean those who has no problem forking out multi million $ to buy properties in Singapore.
It's not me lah. It's my sister's family. I'm only at most half the level of hers. I moved to JB because there are too my FTs in Sinkie Land. I'm not those advocates like LKY who says you must work until your last breath. I believe in having time to slog (work and earn as much as possible) and also to have time to retire and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

But, I'm now beginning to regret, because it seems that going forward, more Chinks will be coming to Malaysia, especially with the very good relationship between Najib and Ah Tiong Land. Do you know that the Chinks are going to build a large Industrial Park in Kuantan, similar in capacity to the Iskandar in Johor?

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
err how can you say Singapore Chinese must be #01? All through our lives, the best and most hardworking lead. Even in our classes, the Indian or Malay students studied very hard and got ranked #01 and no one will say anything or discriminate them.

The former president is Indian. Top surgeons and lawyers all Indians. The DPM indian. Sometimes feel a bit strange why in a Chinese-majority country the most minority here are holding the top 5 posts. But one thing I know for sure if that a Chinese in Malaysia can never be a DPM, Education Minister, Defence Minister or Home Minister. Deputy can la but not the actual portfolio. So in Malaysia we must know who is the son of the soil. If not Perkasa Chief Ali will be very angry and Hisham will start to wave his keri during the annual UMNO big bash party again

Tks for points given, perhaps I should reword that Singaporean must be #1, not just Singaporean Chinese, but many Singaporean Chinese would have problem fitting into Malaysian culture where race do have implication on priority n privileges....those who dare venture over would go in with their eyes open, which s a good thing as otherwise prices would have inflated even more by now if more Singaporean go over.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not me lah. It's my sister's family. I'm only at most half the level of hers. I moved to JB because there are too my FTs in Sinkie Land. I'm not those advocates like LKY who says you must work until your last breath. I believe in having time to slog (work and earn as much as possible) and also to have time to retire and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

But, I'm now beginning to regret, because it seems that going forward, more Chinks will be coming to Malaysia, especially with the very good relationship between Najib and Ah Tiong Land. Do you know that the Chinks are going to build a large Industrial Park in Kuantan, similar in capacity to the Iskandar in Johor?

Saw that industrial park on my way to Cherating. Was very surprise. Very big land cleared but do not seem to have much activity. There is also a Chinese University being build just south of KL. In the news seems that the chinese are going to Malaysia in a big way, however so far my trips into malaysia do not feel that way.
It is just an economical cycle, 20-30 years ago it was the Japanese and Mahathir called his nation to look east.

For me it is the space that attracts me over. I was at an IJM promotion event and it felt like the Singapore when I was a kid. Some malays, some indians and a big group of local chinese. You can hear some of the chinese talking malay which you cannot hear it in Singapore any more.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if no Singaporeans hop over to JB, inflation and prices will still go up in JB so long that the 300,000 PRs or work pass holders continue to earn RM 5000 a month and bring back to JB to spend with those local workers earning RM 1000. So the increase in prices can never be attributed to Sporeans alone. In the early 2000s or 1990s, already, JB items prices have risen when Singaporeans don't even dare to live there. Why? Its a result of Malaysians bringing back Sing dollars to spend.

Tks for points given, perhaps I should reword that Singaporean must be #1, not just Singaporean Chinese, but many Singaporean Chinese would have problem fitting into Malaysian culture where race do have implication on priority n privileges....those who dare venture over would go in with their eyes open, which s a good thing as otherwise prices would have inflated even more by now if more Singaporean go over.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think so Singaporean Chinese have problem fitting in due to race have implication of priority or privilege. We are not in Msia to take jobs to make a living, take university places or public hospital beds etc. So any priority or privilege for Malaysia citizens has no impact on Singaporean Chinese. Msia govt does a very good job to exclude foreigners from taking any benefits and should be that way.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so Singaporean Chinese have problem fitting in due to race have implication of priority or privilege. We are not in Msia to take jobs to make a living, take university places or public hospital beds etc. So any priority or privilege for Malaysia citizens has no impact on Singaporean Chinese. Msia govt does a very good job to exclude foreigners from taking any benefits and should be that way.

I think Singaporeans mix better in general but we have been isolated from the way the rest of Asian works that we insist our way is right. This was highlighted by the sex blogger Alex in one of his post. We go there we just have to be more sensitive as guest and do what the Romans do.

Many SPR do not appreciate the government nationalistic policy just like we have taken for granted our low crime and corruption. In one of my post I wonder which is a better approach, MM2H to invite retires over or telling our old folks to get out if they do not like the cost. Well at least with the pioneer package there seem to be a change of heart.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Singaporeans mix better in general but we have been isolated from the way the rest of Asian works that we insist our way is right. This was highlighted by the sex blogger Alex in one of his post. We go there we just have to be more sensitive as guest and do what the Romans do.

Many SPR do not appreciate the government nationalistic policy just like we have taken for granted our low crime and corruption. In one of my post I wonder which is a better approach, MM2H to invite retires over or telling our old folks to get out if they do not like the cost. Well at least with the pioneer package there seem to be a change of heart.

See blogger Alex? You mean the Alvin of the Alvivi fame? The Msian NUS scholar who was terminated scholarship but not willing to pay back the money? Last time local scholars who are "quitters" and terminated their scholarship are made to pay back the money. But foreign scholars like this Alvin are allowed to get away scotfree. I think he should pay back what he owed to Spore before he is qualified to talk about being sensitive to others. I think he was also in trouble for being very insensitive to his fellow countrymen for his bakuteh jokes.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
See blogger Alex? You mean the Alvin of the Alvivi fame? The Msian NUS scholar who was terminated scholarship but not willing to pay back the money? Last time local scholars who are "quitters" and terminated their scholarship are made to pay back the money. But foreign scholars like this Alvin are allowed to get away scotfree. I think he should pay back what he owed to Spore before he is qualified to talk about being sensitive to others. I think he was also in trouble for being very insensitive to his fellow countrymen for his bakuteh jokes.
Yes alvin not alex. Lol. Got the name wrong

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I say Ghost City; I meant it is less than 50% occupied.
It can be 100% sold, yet no one come and live......

So best to avoid China Developers project. Investors in China only want to buy properties; they do not have the intention to come and stay.

[video=youtube;4ZKXW_dU2eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZKXW_dU2eg[/video]

They going to flood JB with "ghost" condos

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I say Ghost City; I meant it is less than 50% occupied.
It can be 100% sold, yet no one come and live......

So best to avoid China Developers project. Investors in China only want to buy properties; they do not have the intention to come and stay.

But no property market exists in isolation. You cannot arbitrarily separate "china developer condos" from "local developer condos". When and if the property tsunami comes, it would not be a situation in which Danga Bay or Tanjong Puteri crashes, but JB centre and/or Puteri Harbour/Medini are spared from the crash.

The crash affects everyone, from condos to landed, from Nusajaya to Tebrau to JB City Centre. It is just a question of degree, based on housing types and location. Overall I am still optimistic in the long term, with RTS & HSR up and running, and closer integration of the 2 economies. But 2017-2018 could be tricky for investors without holding power.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aside from property market, if i were to live there, i would be more worried about maintenance of the estate. If many of the owners are overseas, there's a higher chance of them not paying their maintenance fees. This will impact overall maintenance. In such a mega estate, how will the Mgmt Corp be organized? Would there be higher chances of lapses, mismanagement, inefficient management, etc?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generally speaking the economy is already starting to slow down for Asia.
Funds are starting to divest from Asia and pull back to America. Also the risk of higher interest rates down the road is having a dampening effect on the market in general.

I think to go into property now really have to be careful. And better have holding power.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than the concerns you folks mentioned. the home loan rates in Singapore are steadily moving upwards.
Please correct me if I am wrong, the rentals in Singapore in general are stable hence the real income from renting will get a hit soon.
This will further put price pressure as some will feel not worth to hold on to property and let it go.

Pretty sad that JB will soon loose its charm as a low rise area. Some Johoreans may feel wonderful that the city will have many high rise but they soon realize with the higher density comes other problems like traffic jams, cost of living and so on.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than the concerns you folks mentioned. the home loan rates in Singapore are steadily moving upwards.
Please correct me if I am wrong, the rentals in Singapore in general are stable hence the real income from renting will get a hit soon.
This will further put price pressure as some will feel not worth to hold on to property and let it go.

Pretty sad that JB will soon loose its charm as a low rise area. Some Johoreans may feel wonderful that the city will have many high rise but they soon realize with the higher density comes other problems like traffic jams, cost of living and so on.

singapore property and rental also dropping.