• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would buy Medini for the reasons stated, no RPGT till 2025 and no min price for foreigners. Am not an agent, but Grand Medini smack next to Gleneagles is worth considering for the location, and walking distance to Mall of Medini too.

Alternatively wait till 1Medini is ready, you might find a seller who is willing to let go at a good price since original purchase price was below 500psf.

Hi Nusajaya2020,

I have been reading all the posts at http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ow-is-the-time-to-invest-in-or-it-s-overhyped and these are my conclusions
1) Buy what you can afford
2) Must have staying power (I only have about 16 months of staying power for Zone B assuming I need to chuck out RM2500 monthly instalment as I still have to pay for a condo that I bought in JB City in Zone A and also my present HDB in Singapore)
3) Location must be good, not just the psf alone.
4) Try to pay off as much as possible as interest rates are high
5) Interest rates are rising
6) The rental yield could be low
7) It may take a long time to rent out
8) If for own stay, is ok

I think I'm going to cut down on my risk significantly and enter Zone B nonetheless. So the only option now is to buy a high psf but lower quantum unit at Medini. The only downside is 99 yrs old leasehold. But actually, do I really care that much? Jesus may return in 2070 or an asteroid may wipe out Mankind in 2100..lol..And I still have a freehold unit in Zone A to pass to my descendants (thinking too much..lol). The reason why I wish to enter Medini market now is I expect psf to only rise from RM800+ psf to maybe as high as RM1200 in Medini in future. So even if I may think RM800+ psf is high now, comparatively speaking, 5 years down the road, my psf may be considered mid range then.

What do you guys think of my new strategy?

I really like the idea of having 1 unit at 2nd link and 1 unit at JB City.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite similar to me at both sides. I like Tebrau's larger covered underground parking but e road there is quite bumpy.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
BI is much much nicer area than Tebrau, imho
It is so accessible to almost every important part of new JB and the transport links are so much more convenient.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Thanks for reply.

Do you think I can get tenants easily for Grand Medini?

Yes or no. If yes, what kind of tenants? If no, why.

I would buy Medini for the reasons stated, no RPGT till 2025 and no min price for foreigners. Am not an agent, but Grand Medini smack next to Gleneagles is worth considering for the location, and walking distance to Mall of Medini too.

Alternatively wait till 1Medini is ready, you might find a seller who is willing to let go at a good price since original purchase price was below 500psf.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso

I posted at sammyboy coz I saw some JB related threads here. Besides sammyboy, do you know of other forums to suggest?

What do you think about rental prospects for Grand Medini? It will only be TOP date in 2018.

4 years, enough for Nusajaya to grow to critical mass?

Although i'm quite surprised someone is actually using sammyboy forum to decide which condo to buy (!!!) i think medini is a better bet for rental play compare to Nusa sentral. some more medini can resell in future to singaporeans.

LH doesn't matter for rental play since tenants don't care what the lease is. the possible problem i can see is: will the population increase enough in NJ? cos there's nothing there now.

I would still go for BI, though! safer investment. any condo in BI still available to singaporeans?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The condos I have in mind TOP Date is 2018..

So its 4 years from now. Maybe its a bit ulu now? 4 years might have improved quite a lot?

Well I suggest you spend 1 week hanging around EduCity to gauge the population density, traffic flow etc. Then you can make a more informed decision. Best of luck.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi your comment makes me think.

Since my psf at this stage (500++ psf all the way to 800++ psf) would be considered middle high end psf, I think best to buy international zone huh...coz no locals would want to buy such condos...

Insert two more variables for yr equation, international and local zone. :p

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso

I posted at sammyboy coz I saw some JB related threads here. Besides sammyboy, do you know of other forums to suggest?

What do you think about rental prospects for Grand Medini? It will only be TOP date in 2018.

4 years, enough for Nusajaya to grow to critical mass?

Hi Freedom, Nobody can tell you rental prospects in 2018. You just have to take a leap of faith. Who's the developer? developer very important, check their track record whether good or not. my opinion, nusajaya critical mass will take longer. I've seen this kind of development before at cyberjaya, it takes many years for population and activity to pick up. how much is the unit and size? you seem to be determined on buy a condo at nusajaya so i think it's not bad choice for you

p/s almas @ puteri harbor also just "launched" (again) their small sized units. you can check it out too, for comparison. PH is freehold.

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If given a choice of grand medini or Almas Suites,

which will you choose for rental play?

I've considered Almas suites but the downside is I can't sell off easily if I want to coz of the RPGT and the RM1mil rule.

What will be your choice among the two for investment?

Hi Freedom, Nobody can tell you rental prospects in 2018. You just have to take a leap of faith. Who's the developer? developer very important, check their track record whether good or not. my opinion, nusajaya critical mass will take longer. I've seen this kind of development before at cyberjaya, it takes many years for population and activity to pick up. how much is the unit and size? you seem to be determined on buy a condo at nusajaya so i think it's not bad choice for you

p/s almas @ puteri harbor also just "launched" (again) their small sized units. you can check it out too, for comparison. PH is freehold.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If given a choice of grand medini or Almas Suites,

which will you choose for rental play?

I've considered Almas suites but the downside is I can't sell off easily if I want to coz of the RPGT and the RM1mil rule.

What will be your choice among the two for investment?

price for grand medini? for rental get the two bedder 760 sft type C, not bad if can get at 500k. if not get the cheaper 1 bedder type B. Developer i don't know them lei. check their track record.
almas the unit layout seemed a bit weird, tight and small. it's a loft design, though - some tenant may like. as you said, if i were singaporean, and strictly btw these two, maybe i choose medini lor.

btw all these is my opinion only ok. if 4 years down the road i'm wrong pls don't blame me

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grand medini 474 sq ft unit now selling for roughly RM400+k.

Worth it? Or way overpriced?

Almas is freehold while Medini is 129 years. What makes you want to choose leasehold over freehold?

I'm still looking, not going to spend my money carelessly.

price for grand medini? for rental get the two bedder 760 sft type C, not bad if can get at 500k. if not get the cheaper 1 bedder type B. Developer i don't know them lei. check their track record.
almas the unit layout seemed a bit weird, tight and small. it's a loft design, though - some tenant may like. as you said, if i were singaporean, and strictly btw these two, maybe i choose medini lor.

btw all these is my opinion only ok. if 4 years down the road i'm wrong pls don't blame me

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a small 520 sq ft unit, Almas suite downpayment needs RM100k, which is quite a lot...

And Almas suite is besides teega, both of them no seaview I believe?...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a small 520 sq ft unit, Almas suite downpayment needs RM100k, which is quite a lot...

And Almas suite is besides teega, both of them no seaview I believe?...

for rental normally LH outperform FH simply becos FH is more expensive.

not sure if it apply to this case of almas vs grand medini.

but i had a look at GM developer past record, don't inspire me with confidence lei. they only have one small boutique development at madge in ampang KL. the others are resort and hotel?

100k downpayment for 500sft almas? How come so much? how much is the unit asking price? almas i don't really like the layout. confirm no sea view, teega got some unit have sea view. almas got linear park view only.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Quick question here to all, the rest I try to reply later..

For those who bought puteri harbor condos at 750-900 psf, assuming they got smaller units, say 600 sq ft, their purchase price would be around 600 sq ft x 900 psf = RM540,000.

Now that the RM1 mil rule has kicked into place, they can't flip to foreigners for their small units.

So what are they going to do? Locals are spoilt for choice, and locals are not going to buy condos at such a high psf.

Won't these buyers get screwed upside down if they can't rent out their property?

for rental normally LH outperform FH simply becos FH is more expensive.

not sure if it apply to this case of almas vs grand medini.

but i had a look at GM developer past record, don't inspire me with confidence lei. they only have one small boutique development at madge in ampang KL. the others are resort and hotel?

100k downpayment for 500sft almas? How come so much? how much is the unit asking price? almas i don't really like the layout. confirm no sea view, teega got some unit have sea view. almas got linear park view only.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You never follow the first rule we discussed previously. I.e. don't buy if you will be screwed if cannot rent out. 500k to those people are small change, just leave it there to wait for the bull ride.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I'm new to the thread so I might have missed out something. What's the first rule again?

So DON'T BUY if we are NOT confident of RENTING out, am I right?

You never follow the first rule we discussed previously. I.e. don't buy if you will be screwed if cannot rent out. 500k to those people are small change, just leave it there to wait for the bull ride.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I'm new to the thread so I might have missed out something. What's the first rule again?

So DON'T BUY if we are NOT confident of RENTING out, am I right?

Not exactly, what I meant was if you depends on rental to pay the mortgages, and will not be able to keep up the payments if nobody rent from you, don't buy.

The risk that it cannot be rental out for a while is very real, so you must be able to hold out for a while. The MY gov will not want to see nusajaya fail, they have pumped in so much money themselves, but results will take time due to inherent inefficiency. Buy a good unit in good location as a long term investment would be the best strategy.

My views only.