• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My location near Educity.

I'm not targeting locals actually. Coz I know locals prefer landed. Only locals who want high end security may consider condos imho.

I'm targeting students and staffs working at educity and nearby industrial park SiLC, Ascendas, Pinewood studio etc.

U think doable?

I was at a lawyer's office at City Sq on company business yesterday. The lawyer was saying that for locals, why would they want to stay in 3 bedder 1,000 sq ft condo in the hot zones, if they can stay in a double storey terrace around 10-15 mins drive away, and probably at a cheaper price too?

With the overbuilding, he is concerned with the possibility of abandoned projects, esp if developer is financially weak. Potential investors need to be discerning and do their homework carefully.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

these are my reasons.

1. The main reason is because I'm left to pick those 500K projects still approved for foreigners.
Once these are sold off, I will be priced out of the RM1mil market due to the new rule. Just like I'm squeezed out of sg property market now with SGD$1xxx psf.

2. And if I don't buy now, JB property will surely increase to maybe RM1000 psf or RM1500 and then the bubble might burst. My unit is RM500++ psf and near educity. So should be reasonable psf?

3. I can't afford those ex Australia, London properties cos the downpayment is so much higher. So I'm priced out of those markets, at least for now.

4. Lastly, for personal reasons, I like to have 1 property at 2nd link and 1 property at JB city.

What do you think guys?

Why do you still want to invest in another one in iskander given that you seem to be in a cash-tight situation looking at the way you work out your sum? I personally do not see property in these areas for good rental income at least for the next 2-3years. Strategize your move carefully.

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2ct, if you buy closer to 500k than 1mil, be mindful you can only resell sub 1mil ppty to locals.

Unless you are buying Medini, which has an advantage of no RPGT till 2025 and no minimum purchase for foreigners (for now).

Hi,

these are my reasons.

1. The main reason is because I'm left to pick those 500K projects still approved for foreigners.
Once these are sold off, I will be priced out of the RM1mil market due to the new rule. Just like I'm squeezed out of sg property market now with SGD$1xxx psf.

2. And if I don't buy now, JB property will surely increase to maybe RM1000 psf or RM1500 and then the bubble might burst. My unit is RM500++ psf and near educity. So should be reasonable psf?

3. I can't afford those ex Australia, London properties cos the downpayment is so much higher. So I'm priced out of those markets, at least for now.

4. Lastly, for personal reasons, I like to have 1 property at 2nd link and 1 property at JB city.

What do you think guys?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Needs to have holding power...If empty for a year, will have to stay there half of the week or treat as weekend resort home to make my money's worth...

That's why Im hesitating, since looking at the supplies of condos coming up. The supplies in Zone A is scary, not just for JB city, but esp for Danga bay and the waterfront near CIQ. That's why I avoid like the plague.

Medini condos are going at RM800+psf, while puteri harbor condos are going at RM800+ all the way to RM1000++ psf.

Won't I have an advantage in terms of rental if my unit is RM500++ psf?

hi bro
i reread what i posted earlier and apologies as i type it out quickly and it may have sounded offensive. i don't mean to imply that you cannot afford. what i mean is if it's going to be a headache for you if cannot rent out then why take the risk.. ther is a possibility in zone B as the population haven't catch up yet. if you say you can use it as a weekend home, then you have to make sure you like the location and environment

personally i don't think it's the psf alone. it's the location. some location are preferred compared to others. but i do think you're doing a smart thing by going for the lowest psf and choosing a decent sized (9xx sft size) unit.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

No I did not find it offensive.

I have been reading all the posts at http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ow-is-the-time-to-invest-in-or-it-s-overhyped and these are my conclusions
1) Buy what you can afford
2) Must have staying power (I only have about 16 months of staying power for Zone B assuming I need to chuck out RM2500 monthly instalment as I still have to pay for a condo that I bought in JB City in Zone A and also my present HDB in Singapore)
3) Location must be good, not just the psf alone.
4) Try to pay off as much as possible as interest rates are high
5) Interest rates are rising
6) The rental yield could be low
7) It may take a long time to rent out
8) If for own stay, is ok

I think I'm going to cut down on my risk significantly and enter Zone B nonetheless. So the only option now is to buy a high psf but lower quantum unit at Medini. The only downside is 99 yrs old leasehold. But actually, do I really care that much? Jesus may return in 2070 or an asteroid may wipe out Mankind in 2100..lol..And I still have a freehold unit in Zone A to pass to my descendants (thinking too much..lol). The reason why I wish to enter Medini market now is I expect psf to only rise from RM800+ psf to maybe as high as RM1200 in Medini in future. So even if I may think RM800+ psf is high now, comparatively speaking, 5 years down the road, my psf may be considered mid range then.

What do you guys think of my new strategy?

I really like the idea of having 1 unit at 2nd link and 1 unit at JB City.

hi bro
i reread what i posted earlier and apologies as i type it out quickly and it may have sounded offensive. i don't mean to imply that you cannot afford. what i mean is if it's going to be a headache for you if cannot rent out then why take the risk.. ther is a possibility in zone B as the population haven't catch up yet. if you say you can use it as a weekend home, then you have to make sure you like the location and environment

personally i don't think it's the psf alone. it's the location. some location are preferred compared to others. but i do think you're doing a smart thing by going for the lowest psf and choosing a decent sized (9xx sft size) unit.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nusajaya2020,

I have been reading all the posts at http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ow-is-the-time-to-invest-in-or-it-s-overhyped and these are my conclusions
1) Buy what you can afford
2) Must have staying power (I only have about 16 months of staying power for Zone B assuming I need to chuck out RM2500 monthly instalment as I still have to pay for a condo that I bought in JB City in Zone A and also my present HDB in Singapore)
3) Location must be good, not just the psf alone.
4) Try to pay off as much as possible as interest rates are high
5) Interest rates are rising
6) The rental yield could be low
7) It may take a long time to rent out
8) If for own stay, is ok

I think I'm going to cut down on my risk significantly and enter Zone B nonetheless. So the only option now is to buy a high psf but lower quantum unit at Medini. The only downside is 99 yrs old leasehold. But actually, do I really care that much? Jesus may return in 2070 or an asteroid may wipe out Mankind in 2100..lol..And I still have a freehold unit in Zone A to pass to my descendants (thinking too much..lol). The reason why I wish to enter Medini market now is I expect psf to only rise from RM800+ psf to maybe as high as RM1200 in Medini in future. So even if I may think RM800+ psf is high now, comparatively speaking, 5 years down the road, my psf may be considered mid range then.

What do you guys think of my new strategy?

I really like the idea of having 1 unit at 2nd link and 1 unit at JB City.

My 2ct, if you buy closer to 500k than 1mil, be mindful you can only resell sub 1mil ppty to locals.

Unless you are buying Medini, which has an advantage of no RPGT till 2025 and no minimum purchase for foreigners (for now).

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
My location near Educity.

I'm not targeting locals actually. Coz I know locals prefer landed. Only locals who want high end security may consider condos imho.

I'm targeting students and staffs working at educity and nearby industrial park SiLC, Ascendas, Pinewood studio etc.

U think doable?

Well I suggest you spend 1 week hanging around EduCity to gauge the population density, traffic flow etc. Then you can make a more informed decision. Best of luck.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar Master Plan current vision is till 2025 to complete. But i believe by 2025 maximum they will only achieve 50-60% of their Target.
And to me this is consider excellent liao. If buying a property within the Economic Corridor be it landed or condo i believe by 2025 you should be above water.

Outside the Economic Corridor but within Iskandar, buying landed should be safe. If it's apartment or Condo, i advise not to unless own stay or below 300psf.
Entire Iskandar to reach their Master Plan Vision more likely 2040 to achieve.
But generally I'm quite positive but I'm looking long term. 15yrs up.

If buying a condo need to rely on rental to sustain, I'm not optimistic.

My 2 cents.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
The location in the vicinity of Educity appears to be good, but one will never know cos it's the future.

Another thing is the maintenance fees and other incidentals which come once a month. Should the rental income be above RM2k, I believe tax need to be paid.

It is a risk worth taking if Iskandar will turn out to be another "Shenzhen" ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although i'm quite surprised someone is actually using sammyboy forum to decide which condo to buy (!!!) i think medini is a better bet for rental play compare to Nusa sentral. some more medini can resell in future to singaporeans.

LH doesn't matter for rental play since tenants don't care what the lease is. the possible problem i can see is: will the population increase enough in NJ? cos there's nothing there now.

I would still go for BI, though! safer investment. any condo in BI still available to singaporeans?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTML:
Although i'm quite surprised someone is actually using sammyboy forum to decide which condo to buy (!!!) i think medini is a better bet for rental play compare to Nusa sentral. some more medini can resell in future to singaporeans.

LH doesn't matter for rental play since tenants don't care what the lease is. the possible problem i can see is: will the population increase enough in NJ? cos there's nothing there now.

I would still go for BI, though! safer investment. any condo in BI still available to singaporeans?

I was at Bukit Indah Jusco this Thu ard 3pm. The car park was rather packed n nearly all were J-plate cars. This place doesn't really need visitors from Singapore to survive.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTML:

I was at Bukit Indah Jusco this Thu ard 3pm. The car park was rather packed n nearly all were J-plate cars. This place doesn't really need visitors from Singapore to survive.

Err......Bukit Indah packed? Perhaps you should check out Jusco Tebrau and Sutera Mall parking situation........

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not all who parked there are shoppers bro. I notice they use it as form of supercheap (1rm only mah=40cents sibg) car park and ride to work by usibg the causeway link bus similar to our Park and Ride scheme in sg except here in JB no need for garmen to initiate and profit. Furthermore relatively secure and bus stop just in front.

HTML:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not all who parked there are shoppers bro. I notice they use it as form of supercheap (1rm only mah=40cents sibg) car park and ride to work by usibg the causeway link bus similar to our Park and Ride scheme in sg except here in JB no need for garmen to initiate and profit. Furthermore relatively secure and bus stop just in front.

No wonder... but Jusco itself also had quite a lot of people on that Thu afternoon. I wondered how come so many people don't have to work in Bukit Indah.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

With jusco membership card is fee. Otherwise,e machine lady will say, pls insert yr fucking ticket... ops is parking ticket.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Thai restaurant serves quite value for money cuisine.
HTML: