• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a reminder....... Location Location Location.....

Not empty land empty land empty land.

[video=youtube;qAMWPQM2SI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAMWPQM2SI0[/video]

You cannot compare like this..this place is located far north of China. China Land vs Johor Land.. Totally different.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not get me wrong. I have also vested and like to see success. It will take some time to get well paying jobs up which will pay the rent or buy the condos at higher price.
Google and you will see what is the average pay of the Legoland stuff.

I am confident prices will go up in 10 yrs time. But those who are old enough will remember that if you had bought a property in 1997/8 how long did you have to wait to have seen a real profit.

Also look at Malaysian politics, unless it change 180, it is much more nationalistic than Singapore.

The same thing that made Shenzhen so successful we are now seeing in nusajaya.Shenzhen was just a small fishing town. The transformation stared with building of highways, then universities, theme parks, golf courses, a port, an airport. I was working for a British firm 20 years plus ago and was send there to look at the potential of setting up an office there.Crossing the border from HK was a big headache. The human and vehicular traffic was very heavy. Immigration clearance was troublesome. What I saw at Shenzhen was acres and acres of cleared empty forested land waiting for investors to come. The highways were empty. New low density housing was just sprouting up. There were a few factories - a few huge US MNCs, many Hong Kong companies taking advantage of the cheap land and labour. I visited a few plants - printing, shoe manufacturing, electronics, engineering etc... At that time all the managers were mostly from HK, taiwanese, singaporeans and USA. Workers were really low skilled but cheap.I think if I was not wrong the average pay was like 600 rmb per month.
I visited one of the theme park - I think it's called window of the world or something. It was really huge. I had a guide and she was telling me the grand vision of Shenzhen - attracting companies from HK and around the world to set up shop here to take advantage of the cheap land and labour and tax breaks.
I was like sure sure ....who will invest here. Who can trust what the PRC govt will do next. Sound familiar.?
Look at Shenzhen now. Enough said.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always advised people around me to buy in places where high-end tourists or expats will hang around ( you got a clue ). It used to be East Ledang / Sutera Utama / Horizon Hills 5-10 years ago but the tide has changed and the real expat area will be clearer in a few years time ( although its quite obvious isn't it? ) Just learn from Singapore and you will know what is happening.

Do not get me wrong. I have also vested and like to see success. It will take some time to get well paying jobs up which will pay the rent or buy the condos at higher price.
Google and you will see what is the average pay of the Legoland stuff.

I am confident prices will go up in 10 yrs time. But those who are old enough will remember that if you had bought a property in 1997/8 how long did you have to wait to have seen a real profit.

Also look at Malaysian politics, unless it change 180, it is much more nationalistic than Singapore.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same thing that made Shenzhen so successful we are now seeing in nusajaya.Shenzhen was just a small fishing town. The transformation stared with building of highways, then universities, theme parks, golf courses, a port, an airport. I was working for a British firm 20 years plus ago and was send there to look at the potential of setting up an office there.Crossing the border from HK was a big headache. The human and vehicular traffic was very heavy. Immigration clearance was troublesome. What I saw at Shenzhen was acres and acres of cleared empty forested land waiting for investors to come. The highways were empty. New low density housing was just sprouting up. There were a few factories - a few huge US MNCs, many Hong Kong companies taking advantage of the cheap land and labour. I visited a few plants - printing, shoe manufacturing, electronics, engineering etc... At that time all the managers were mostly from HK, taiwanese, singaporeans and USA. Workers were really low skilled but cheap.I think if I was not wrong the average pay was like 600 rmb per month.
I visited one of the theme park - I think it's called window of the world or something. It was really huge. I had a guide and she was telling me the grand vision of Shenzhen - attracting companies from HK and around the world to set up shop here to take advantage of the cheap land and labour and tax breaks.
I was like sure sure ....who will invest here. Who can trust what the PRC govt will do next. Sound familiar.?
Look at Shenzhen now. Enough said.

China has a huge population. Guangzhou alone has more than 80 million people in 1979. In comparison, Johor has 3.3 million people now. Malaysia does not even have half the population of Guangzhou. There are already 900k+ residential development in Johor by the year 2017. Pls help me see how it can work now that Country Garden and R&F are dumping 20 to 30k units each.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always advised people around me to buy in places where high-end tourists or expats will hang around ( you got a clue ). It used to be East Ledang / Sutera Utama / Horizon Hills 5-10 years ago but the tide has changed and the real expat area will be clearer in a few years time ( although its quite obvious isn't it? ) Just learn from Singapore and you will know what is happening.

What happened in SG ? Did tourist areas boom first ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
But he also said JB was notorious for kidnapping and car-jacking... Over my past decades in JB, how many is many? 1 or 2 per year and he said notorious ? The Geylang car-jacking recently ... does that make Singapore a notorious car-jacking hub as well?

I used to believe him ( in the 1990s ) but that was because I wasn't so regular in JB. I have to agree JB is more rowdy and dangerous than Singapore in a way BUT it is not so risky such that everytime you enter JB you will get robbed lar!

Just now at 3am I was at Standchart again depositing RM 30k cheque. This must be the 35th time I did that since January. Lucky I am still alive!

Somehow I keep thinking of what LKY has said about investing in Johor.
Leopard just don't change its spots.
Cross border politics is dicey.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Orchard, Sentosa, condos with ocean/sea views and near to marina... you got a hint

Also, once that stage is reached, don't be greedy. The party is over and the price will start to drop. Again, learn from the Singapore market

What happened in SG ? Did tourist areas boom first ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden and R&F are obviously spoiling the market and creating ripple effect through the entire Iskandar region.

However, I am pleased that their shit only start and end in the old JB and they never disturb Nusajaya yet except for the massive land reclaimation off Tuas.

What Singapore can do is to shoot letters every 3 months to remind them that they shd stop work. Then after 30 years they will realise they are getting nowhere and go somewhere with their loaded cashbank to play

China has a huge population. Guangzhou alone has more than 80 million people in 1979. In comparison, Johor has 3.3 million people now. Malaysia does not even have half the population of Guangzhou. There are already 900k+ residential development in Johor by the year 2017. Pls help me see how it can work now that Country Garden and R&F are dumping 20 to 30k units each.

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls be reminded that the massive reclaimation land in tuas is Temporary stopped , anytime they can start again. They can even start reclaim lands on the coast of malaysia 2nd link like R&F.... The best part is :FREEHOLD AND nearer to Singapore . :(

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Precisely. The prcs nowadays are very mobile. What if 1 million prc decide to buy a home in j b. Even if they dont live here the units will all be taken up. These PRC normally dont take loans. As long as units can be sold whether there are occupants or not it doesn't matter right?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greenland outlines first project here
BY SIM BAK HENGJOHOR - 26 JUNE 2014 @ 11:58 PM

CHINA’S state-owned Greenland Group plans to build apartments and a private club, among others, at its first project in Iskandar Malaysia.

The Shanghai-based group, through its Malaysian subsidiary Greenland Danga Bay Sdn Bhd, will develop the project on a 760,000 sq ft site in Danga Bay.

The group signed an agreement in April for the purchase of the land from Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWSB) for RM600 million.

Danga Bay was chosen because of its strategic location in Iskandar Malaysia, which has seen robust growth in recent years, said Greenland Group Malaysia general manager Wu Shao Hua at the launch of the Greenland Danga Bay brand, here, on Wednesday night.

“It will take us five to eight years to develop our project, called Jade Palace,” he said.

The cost and gross development value of the project have yet to be ascertained as the company’s Malaysian operation is still at its planning stage.

Greenland Danga Bay will build commercial shop offices, theme street malls, resort homes and stylish high-rise residences with panoramic view.

The development will offer a comprehensive all-in-one living and lifestyle services, such as home delivery, general housekeeping, home improvement, interior landscaping and property management.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/6788

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese love Danga Bay to the core. Its like how the Sporeans love Danga Bay 10-20 years ago when they first invested in JB. Sad to say 10 years ago, Danga Bay is still.. errr... Danga Bay but with more mat rempits F1 race come midnight.

Greenland outlines first project here
BY SIM BAK HENGJOHOR - 26 JUNE 2014 @ 11:58 PM

CHINA’S state-owned Greenland Group plans to build apartments and a private club, among others, at its first project in Iskandar Malaysia.

The Shanghai-based group, through its Malaysian subsidiary Greenland Danga Bay Sdn Bhd, will develop the project on a 760,000 sq ft site in Danga Bay.

The group signed an agreement in April for the purchase of the land from Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWSB) for RM600 million.

Danga Bay was chosen because of its strategic location in Iskandar Malaysia, which has seen robust growth in recent years, said Greenland Group Malaysia general manager Wu Shao Hua at the launch of the Greenland Danga Bay brand, here, on Wednesday night.

“It will take us five to eight years to develop our project, called Jade Palace,” he said.

The cost and gross development value of the project have yet to be ascertained as the company’s Malaysian operation is still at its planning stage.

Greenland Danga Bay will build commercial shop offices, theme street malls, resort homes and stylish high-rise residences with panoramic view.

The development will offer a comprehensive all-in-one living and lifestyle services, such as home delivery, general housekeeping, home improvement, interior landscaping and property management.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/6788

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time we always think Singapore will become a province of China. Now its quite obvious Johor will first become a province of China!

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. The prcs nowadays are very mobile. What if 1 million prc decide to buy a home in j b. Even if they dont live here the units will all be taken up. These PRC normally dont take loans. As long as units can be sold whether there are occupants or not it doesn't matter right?

Really? Tianjin has more than 10 million residents and oversupply is still happening:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-26/china-s-manhattan-project-marred-by-ghost-buildings.html

Please pay attention to the following paragraph:

Conch Bay showed few signs of life during a June 19 visit by Bloomberg reporters. Work on Glorious Oriental, a two-tower residential and office complex, had stopped, and at the north end of Conch Bay, the main building of the Country Garden Phoenix Hotel, billed as Asia’s largest hotel, was a deserted shell with no signs of any work under way.

Developer Country Garden Holdings Co. (2007) is “steadily building the walls and roofing” and working on mechanical and electronic systems after completing the main construction of the hotel, Lin Weiying, a deputy general manager of Country Garden’s strategic development department, said in an e-mail.

Calls to Glorious Oriental’s Beijing and Tianjin offices went unanswered.

And you really think Malaysia will allow 1 million Chinese to become residents?