• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There r many unfairness in this world. Y a worker earning $3k RM find a $500k RM terrace in JB v challenging to own, while a Singaporean worker earning $3k SGD finds it a breeze? What we can do is to try our best to help ourselves e.g if u r single, find a spouse to share ur life n buy a house together, it is good to have children to take care of u when u r old too.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar Ibrahim gave a fiery and entertaining speech supporting Lim Kit Siang at Gelang Patah. Very eloquent.. However, need to know Malay to understand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePcTrg_AXCo

Looking at the massive support from the crowd, I seriously think that it's not easy for BN to win Gelang Patah. If PKR wins, there may be a knee jerk reaction but over the long term.. property prices will still increase.. just my opinion. One can draw parallel to how Lim Guan Eng managed Penang.

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar Ibrahim gave a fiery and entertaining speech supporting Lim Kit Siang at Gelang Patah. Very eloquent.. However, need to know Malay to understand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePcTrg_AXCo

Looking at the massive support from the crowd, I seriously think that it's not easy for BN to win Gelang Patah. If PKR wins, there may be a knee jerk reaction but over the long term.. property prices will still increase.. just my opinion. One can draw parallel to how Lim Guan Eng managed Penang.

I'm expecting PR to win not only Gelang Patah but to take Putrajaya (yes Putrajaya).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There r many unfairness in this world. Y a worker earning $3k RM find a $500k RM terrace in JB v challenging to own, while a Singaporean worker earning $3k SGD finds it a breeze? What we can do is to try our best to help ourselves e.g if u r single, find a spouse to share ur life n buy a house together, it is good to have children to take care of u when u r old too.

Lots of unfairness in this world indeed, however, some unfairness are more hard to bear than other unfairness. A roof over one's head is a basic requirement and a total lack of choice is very wrong and harsh punishment to single citizens with housing needs.

As for the Rm3k worker having difficulty to buy Rm500k terrace in JB, the question is why must buy Rm500k terrace when they have alot of other choices like terrace further away at below Rm500k, lots of resale terrace below Rm500k, not to mention condos and low cost apartments?

Recently I went to view some condo showflats, can't remember exact but definitely much less than Rm500k for 3 bedroom in Tampoi and very nice and good size unit. Hard to believe but remember there is even one bedroom at Plentong at less than Rm150k and looks nice too.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess who is running for nusajaya ?

"PAS vice-president Salahuddin Ayub said he will contest the Pulai parliamentary seat in the upcoming 13th general election, but admits that it will be a “stiff fight”.

He has announced on his Facebook over the weekend that he will also be contesting the Nusa Jaya state seat....."

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of unfairness in this world indeed, however, some unfairness are more hard to bear than other unfairness. A roof over one's head is a basic requirement and a total lack of choice is very wrong and harsh punishment to single citizens with housing needs.

As for the Rm3k worker having difficulty to buy Rm500k terrace in JB, the question is why must buy Rm500k terrace when they have alot of other choices like terrace further away at below Rm500k, lots of resale terrace below Rm500k, not to mention condos and low cost apartments?

Recently I went to view some condo showflats, can't remember exact but definitely much less than Rm500k for 3 bedroom in Tampoi and very nice and good size unit. Hard to believe but remember there is even one bedroom at Plentong at less than Rm150k and looks nice too.

Yes there is a wide choice available for the locals.Non g n g are significantly lower cost.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing is fair lah, Singapore is so small to begin with. Born on the wrong side of causeway...

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
More and more businesses moving up north.

image.jpg

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is fair lah, Singapore is so small to begin with. Born on the wrong side of causeway...

Nothing is fair . Just like my sons always feel that I am unfair to them .

But over here, I am not against SPR or foreigners in Singapore. I am just not happy that the government takes singaporean for granted .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is fair . Just like my sons always feel that I am unfair to them .

But over here, I am not against SPR or foreigners in Singapore. I am just not happy that the government takes singaporean for granted .

We cannot depend on the benevolent government in the 1970s and 1980s. This era of government is different. Times have changed. Just take care of yourself.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cannot depend on the benevolent government in the 1970s and 1980s. This era of government is different. Times have changed. Just take care of yourself.

Very true. Gone are the days. Long term employment, affordable healthcare and a kind Government.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore has been facing an overwhelming in flow of capital. Also impacts and symptoms being felt.
(apology in Chinese version. Will update if I could find an English one)

新加坡面对全球经济轴心东移
09/04/13

作者/来源:新华网 http://sg.xinhuanet.com

据《联合早报》网站报道,伦敦政治经济学院经济和国际发展教授柯成兴(Danny Quah)认为,新加坡必须谨慎迎接全球财富东移趋势,学会自我保护,并从中寻找发展的新契机。柯成兴目前是新加坡国立大学经济系访问学者,他日前在公开讲课中谈到全球经济轴心转移的课题。

他指出,1980年代全球经济的轴心位于大西洋,围绕着纽约和伦敦的北美及欧洲经济群,分别位于轴心两侧。过去30年,随着以中国为首的亚洲经济崛起,轴心位置已经逐步转移到阿拉伯半岛附近,未来将继续向东转移至印度和中国之间,十分靠近新加坡所在的时区。

在这个过程中,新加坡将成为大量资本的目的地。柯成兴说,新加坡政府透明廉洁,法律制度健全,虽然地铁时不时会有故障,整体的公共设施却处于世界领先水平。此外,新加坡有得天独厚的双语优势,因此在全球经济轴心转移过程中自然会吸引大量资本。

大量资本的涌入给新加坡造成前所未有的冲击,例如通货膨胀给普通新加坡人的日常生活带来巨大压力,房价高涨甚至带来“泡沫”风险。全球经济轴心东移过程中,新加坡成为新的财富聚集点,接踵而来的可能是贫富差距悬殊、经济发展单一和货币升值削弱企业竞争力等各种问题。

《华尔街时报》近日一篇名为“新加坡:疯狂的财富”的报道,也把新加坡形容成“全球最新版的摩纳哥”,是经济轴心东移中最受超级富豪青睐的财富聚集地。

大量资本的涌入给新加坡造成前所未有的冲击,例如通货膨胀给普通新加坡人的日常生活带来巨大压力,房价高涨甚至带来“泡沫”风险。

柯成兴说:“资本突然流入会从很多方面扭曲经济,例如使有钱人更有钱,贫富差距拉大;它可能导致货币升值,削弱本地企业的国际竞争力;它也可能改变本地的工业环境,那些与资本涌入关系不大的行业或许会因此衰竭。”

他也警惕,新加坡应该防止患上“荷兰病”(Dutch Disease),因为资本大量流入而过度依赖个别行业取得经济增长,却忽略了制造业等具有策略意义的其他行业。

柯成兴说,面对这些资本流动,经济体必须自我保护,“政策应该恰当地采取谨慎态度,管理这类流动,自由的资本市场不一定是最好的机制。新加坡人也应该敦促政府小心对待这些问题。”

他认为,作为一个规模较小的经济体,新加坡无法阻止全球经济轴心转向亚洲,也很难在这个趋势中逆势而行,不过“可以设法利用这个趋势,同时采取一定的保护措施。”

柯成兴指出,传统的思维是亚洲发展制造业,生产电子和纺织等产品出口到欧美国家,不过随着亚洲经济崛起,成功的经济体都在逐步把出口方向转向亚洲,亚洲也是现在新加坡的主要出口地区,这是利用经济轴心东移的例子。

在找对出口市场后,新加坡必须思考能把哪些“比较优势”(Comparative Advantage)出口到其他亚洲社会。柯成兴说,许多亚洲国家面临势不可挡的老龄化问题,新加坡是个知识型国家,可以利用在生物科技和医疗保健上的专业知识和能力,为其他亚洲社会提供相关服务,从亚洲经济崛起和老龄化的趋势中分得一杯羹。

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Born on the wrong side of the causeway? True, if you've born on the right side, not just can save two years NS plus very easy to be property investor in Malaysia. Imagine buy one condo for investment in SG can easily buy five or ten units in JB, depending on when the purchase was made. Like two years ago one bedroom condo/apt in Austin area was selling around Rm100k only, so buy one shoebox unit in SG can buy ten units in JB. Now with price gone up maybe around Rm160k, still can easily buy five units lah. Haha the SPRs must have felt like property tycoon when viewing condo showflats in JB.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Born on the wrong side of the causeway? True, if you've born on the right side, not just can save two years NS plus very easy to be property investor in Malaysia. Imagine buy one condo for investment in SG can easily buy five or ten units in JB, depending on when the purchase was made. Like two years ago one bedroom condo/apt in Austin area was selling around Rm100k only, so buy one shoebox unit in SG can buy ten units in JB. Now with price gone up maybe around Rm160k, still can easily buy five units lah. Haha the SPRs must have felt like property tycoon when viewing condo showflats in JB.

PRs have the buying power of Singaporeans, yet not restricted to $500k RM quota, international quota and state levy. Very good. That's why many PRs are buying with the mind to return to Malaysia for retirement or work if Iskandar really takes off to provide jobs similar to Singapore. Meanwhile, collecting rental from their HDBs...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRs have the buying power of Singaporeans, yet not restricted to $500k RM quota, international quota and state levy. Very good. That's why many PRs are buying with the mind to return to Malaysia for retirement or work if Iskandar really takes off to provide jobs similar to Singapore. Meanwhile, collecting rental from their HDBs...

PRs cannot rent out HDB anymore unless is illegal , that explain why so many Malaysian PRs buying JB now . Add all the recent cooling measure , they think that it is now not worth buying Singapore properties.

Last edited: