• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good agents or bad agents, share here

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is good advice.

While wuqi's advice is sound, but its a chicken and egg situation. When buying from developer, it is usually "off the plan" and construction has not yet started. By the time the building is mostly constructed, most of the units would have been sold. You wont even get a chance to buy at that time.
So imho, buy from developer when buying new/under con/off the plan, the advantage is that you get discounts/rebates, choice of units to choose from. Disadvantage is that you cannot view the completed unit.

The only way to get completed unit is to buy resale or if you lucky ...leftover units from developer...and leftover units are those which everyone else dont want...e.g. close to TNB station la, at T-junction la...number 4 lah etc.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
While wuqi's advice is sound, but its a chicken and egg situation. When buying from developer, it is usually "off the plan" and construction has not yet started. By the time the building is mostly constructed, most of the units would have been sold. You wont even get a chance to buy at that time.
So imho, buy from developer when buying new/under con/off the plan, the advantage is that you get discounts/rebates, choice of units to choose from. Disadvantage is that you cannot view the completed unit.

The only way to get completed unit is to buy resale or if you lucky ...leftover units from developer...and leftover units are those which everyone else dont want...e.g. close to TNB station la, at T-junction la...number 4 lah etc.

well, they have floor plans and stuffs like that. I think getting from developer only they are reputable and award winning ones.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tophills realty

Bro and sis,

I am getting a industrial land for my business. now I have got one agent to do it for me and he has found one.do I need to pay commission of one percent to him as a buyer or I need not?

Please advise.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tophills realty

Bro and sis,

I am getting a industrial land for my business. now I have got one agent to do it for me and he has found one.do I need to pay commission of one percent to him as a buyer or I need not?

Please advise.

bro, u ask ppl to find you a 發財 land, must give kopi money once agreed upon. :biggrin:

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro, u ask ppl to find you a 發財 land, must give kopi money once agreed upon. :biggrin:

Bro,

I just wanna know whether must pay commission or not. some say no need, seller needs to pay....

So which is which ah?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,

I just wanna know whether must pay commission or not. some say no need, seller needs to pay....

So which is which ah?

As long as your agent is not taking comm from the seller, then it is ok to pay.
NO DUAL REPRESENTATION from agent, very simple.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

As long as your agent is not taking comm from the seller, then it is ok to pay.
NO DUAL REPRESENTATION from agent, very simple.

Agree, some will still take from both though, even for rental so its good to shop around. Always check with your agent on the terms prior to committing or signing anything.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
While wuqi's advice is sound, but its a chicken and egg situation. The only way to get completed unit is to buy resale or if you lucky ...leftover units from developer...and leftover units are those which everyone else dont want...e.g. close to TNB station la, at T-junction la...number 4 lah etc.

For my case, its a little different as i shopped around and went to developer direct and or bought subsale. I rather pay a premium back then for units i can get hold of and fast with ability to start renting out and make my money start working for me rather than 1-2 years later. My main criteria, it must not be near to substations/HT cables, right at the edge of the G&G area and right next to the main road leading to the main entrance (for those who value peace and quiet)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,

So which is which ah?

Bro.. go by logic hor, U engaged agent to service u, so must pay lor. :biggrin:

cestlavie

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I respond to an agent advertisement representing the seller, do I need to pay the agent or agency fee? I was told I need to pay agency fee (1%) even though the agent is negotiating on the seller's behalf. It doesnt make sense to me. can anyone advise please? Tkz

Bro.. go by logic hor, U engaged agent to service u, so must pay lor. :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I respond to an agent advertisement representing the seller, do I need to pay the agent or agency fee? I was told I need to pay agency fee (1%) even though the agent is negotiating on the seller's behalf. It doesnt make sense to me. can anyone advise please? Tkz

If depends whether u've fell into those "i got potential buyer" advertisements lor (normally , agent dun have potential buyer/seller one..), so to lure potential sellers out from e market and they'll start to find buyers for u. Oh..it's my logic again.. titter.gif

Last edited:

cestlavie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks but I meant if I am a buyer, do I have to pay commission to seller's agent?

If depends whether u've fell into those "i got potential buyer" advertisements lor (normally , agent dun have potential buyer/seller one..), so to lure potential sellers out from e market and they'll start to find buyers for u. Oh..it's my logic again..View attachment 9546

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks but I meant if I am a buyer, do I have to pay commission to seller's agent?

logic is same same..again.
Why do i need to pay agent commission if i don't see him do work? (unless yr agent doesn't have any unit in e 1st place..)
If I were the agent, i also want to makan both sides.

Buy direct from the developer or some bros here got lobang to link u directly with e sellers w/o going through agents..

Last edited:

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my case, its a little different as i shopped around and went to developer direct and or bought subsale. I rather pay a premium back then for units i can get hold of and fast with ability to start renting out and make my money start working for me rather than 1-2 years later. My main criteria, it must not be near to substations/HT cables, right at the edge of the G&G area and right next to the main road leading to the main entrance (for those who value peace and quiet)

HI Wuqi,

Mind sharing whether you used agent or rent out yourself..?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HI Wuqi,

Mind sharing whether you used agent or rent out yourself..?

I used an agent, someone i thought i could rely on but again and again got let down despite giving chances.
2008 - Purchased a cluster through an agent, he asked me to use his lawyer so i did.
The lawyer subsequently left the company and took his staff. No one left to settle my case and it took many extra months to get it
Late 2009 - Got the unit, rented it out through the agent.
2010 - Bought another unit from the agent. Again this one too took longer
2011 - Rented it out through the agent and rental rate was decided by agent though he rented out at the old price without telling me and went to get the deposit and told me he signed with them already.
2012 - Sold a unit through the same agent

Brought to a new law firm, discovered that it was the same lawyer who had left and basically left my cases in the lurch.
Refused to use but was persuaded by agent that i use them. Got quoted sky high prices and not only no discount was given initially
but was told by the lawyer that i could leave if i wanted to midway through the S&P signing. Really put down the pen and wanted to
go. Now regretted not going at this time as there was not much follow up, much grief and even told by my own agent that i am only
a seller so why should i complain since the fees to the law firm is just little.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used an agent, someone i thought i could rely on but again and again got let down despite giving chances.
2008 - Purchased a cluster through an agent, he asked me to use his lawyer so i did.
The lawyer subsequently left the company and took his staff. No one left to settle my case and it took many extra months to get it
Late 2009 - Got the unit, rented it out through the agent.
2010 - Bought another unit from the agent. Again this one too took longer
2011 - Rented it out through the agent and rental rate was decided by agent though he rented out at the old price without telling me and went to get the deposit and told me he signed with them already.
2012 - Sold a unit through the same agent

Brought to a new law firm, discovered that it was the same lawyer who had left and basically left my cases in the lurch.
Refused to use but was persuaded by agent that i use them. Got quoted sky high prices and not only no discount was given initially
but was told by the lawyer that i could leave if i wanted to midway through the S&P signing. Really put down the pen and wanted to
go. Now regretted not going at this time as there was not much follow up, much grief and even told by my own agent that i am only
a seller so why should i complain since the fees to the law firm is just little.

Hi wuqi,

Can u PM me on which law firm? I want to avoid that....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi,

Can u PM me on which law firm? I want to avoid that....

2 that I personally had very bad experience with:

KJ partners (above Habib) and always used by Tophills
Lim Soh and Goonting, always used by IJM.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never give mercy to bad agents, get rid of them as fast as possible.

A bad agent not only let you lose money, they also let you lost your will to invest.

I usually just SMS "you are fired" and I move on. And yes, for those exclusive property agent contract .......... I never sign one to any agent for the pass 15 years. If they tell me it is their company policy, I just tell them o "go fly kite"

2 that I personally had very bad experience with:

KJ partners (above Habib) and always used by Tophills
Lim Soh and Goonting, always used by IJM.