• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 said:
Agree, the positioning is really key. In that respect, they have done well. Its just that to spark off enough business, you need more than the folks staying over there. There were also talks of having shops as well over the other side of the road. I was keen at one point but holding off until i know more.

Ya, I am considering that aspect as well... According to the developer the ratio of residentials to commercial in the development is 90:10... Roughly 4000 units to 40 units. Though chances are one needs to be patient as the area are still pretty green field. I am cautiously optimistic of the potential as it may also serve the folks over at Gelang Patah in addition to Nusa Sentral. As well, rising tide floats all boats or so I hope... If things go well for the catalyst projects in Nusajaya, Nusa Sentral may also stand to benefit... I've scouted quite a number of ro jets/development in search of a good commercial investment but find that prices for shoplots has skyrocketed! Been to bandar Sri alam (very far...) and the shoplots there (very undesirable location, design - at least to me...) are already asking for rm850k... Well... Just some of my own opinion on this since I am researching... Thanks so much for your input Wuqi :-)

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi danteakc, i am 35 this year. You mean you are 38? We all need to do something to have a better chance.
The 31 i was referring to was for the number of people i personally know who are vested here and influenced
to join the "dark side" :smile:

Bro dun use age to gauge oneself, it's the knowledge that u have in you that really matters. Just like the warranty office who is old and old timers already but a smart Alec like bro WUQI who is an officer and who is young, warranty officer also must salute the officer! And we all should salute bro WUQI ...

Dun believe me just pop him a question or two!! Lol:p

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

there is a pump outside my 2nd floor provided by HH. However it doesn't seem to make any difference. Not sure if the pump is spoilt or if there are any decent pump in the market that can do the job. How is your house solve the low water flow issue?

When I take the shower, I can think of army training when we have a pail of water to clean the whole body plus brushing teeth.. However my wife is very upset because she is only city trained.. Got idea? Or any decent pump to recommend to replace the one provided by HH?

The last resort is to drive to HH swimming pool and have a good shower there.

Well done, i am glad you like it here. It is breathtaking for me and still feels surreal somewhat.
Yes, put in a pump on your 2nd floor water tank. No real renovation required but will be a bit
noisy if you use the cheaper ones especially at night. A good bro of mine spent thousands to
put in for his tenants but they didn't like it as it was still noisy. (Good motor, bad insulation
work done)

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi danteakc, i am 35 this year. You mean you are 38? We all need to do something to have a better chance.
The 31 i was referring to was for the number of people i personally know who are vested here and influenced

you 2 are younglah....this old banger already in 40's already lah...as I said, lucky someone still wan to employ me...otherwise die die have to face with sadist ppl everyday!! heheheh:biggrin:
I thank God for the opportunity...

Cheers Bros...

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, its hard if you have to walk out or cycle to get food, East Ledang is good in that regard as its just 15 minutes walk away and
you can literally take the walk to Mydin mart.

The only exception for HH is The Gateway, The Hills where its better now there with limited eateries like Tim Sum, an Indian provisions shop,
childcare centre and a breadshop. Once some of the other shops are opened, then it should get better.

At this moment, except Mydin Mart, the Anjung mall at east ledang actually sell all Malay n Indian food only. The nearer decent Chinese food kopitiam u still need to go to Gelang Patah town.

Andymion

Any bros here seen the development at Sentia Tropika? Do you think it's worth buying a unit there? What is the inital payment for a property in malaysia? From the info i gather here, deposit around 1k RM, then downpayment 15-20% depending on the loan secured. Did i miss out anything?
We have to start servicing the loan once the deal is sealed correct?
Loan can be from Malaysian or Singapore bank right?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Any bros here seen the development at Sentia Tropika? Do you think it's worth buying a unit there? What is the inital payment for a property in malaysia? From the info i gather here, deposit around 1k RM, then downpayment 15-20% depending on the loan secured. Did i miss out anything?
We have to start servicing the loan once the deal is sealed correct?
Loan can be from Malaysian or Singapore bank right?

Answer is yes. Depends, last time downpayment is only 500 RM for places like Setia, now its at least 1k. Remember the stamp duty plus the RM 10k levy we foreigners have to pay.

Most of the other questions already have answers in the Newbie Question thread.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
At this moment, except Mydin Mart, the Anjung mall at east ledang actually sell all Malay n Indian food only. The nearer decent Chinese food kopitiam u still need to go to Gelang Patah town.

I think i did saw some Thai and middle eastern food but yes mainly these although the Indian place there is 24 hours.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
you 2 are younglah....this old banger already in 40's already lah...as I said, lucky someone still wan to employ me...otherwise die die have to face with sadist ppl everyday!! heheheh:biggrin:
I thank God for the opportunity...

Cheers Bros...

Thanks, i would like to be.......forever young. You are employed because of your skill sets and your relevance to the workforce. No one would hire you if you weren't good enough so be confident that you are still much needed. Wishing you all the best in your career.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

there is a pump outside my 2nd floor provided by HH. However it doesn't seem to make any difference. Not sure if the pump is spoilt or if there are any decent pump in the market that can do the job. How is your house solve the low water flow issue?

When I take the shower, I can think of army training when we have a pail of water to clean the whole body plus brushing teeth.. However my wife is very upset because she is only city trained.. Got idea? Or any decent pump to recommend to replace the one provided by HH?

Ok 2 things to look out for:

1. Make sure your pump and pipes are checked out as there may be stones or sediment in the pipes somewhere which blocks the floor. We did that to clear the air or sediment blockage and indeed there was a difference. We also use those water heaters with pump for the shower.

2. Set up another pump at the water tank on your 2nd floor, disable this external one and install this at your water tank. Downside to this is that water consumption increases but the power of the water........Our tenanted house all have this system, powerful but can be noisy if you get cheaper model or the installer isn't so good at sound proofing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro dun use age to gauge oneself, it's the knowledge that u have in you that really matters. Just like the warranty office who is old and old timers already but a smart Alec like bro WUQI who is an officer and who is young, warranty officer also must salute the officer! And we all should salute bro WUQI ...

Dun believe me just pop him a question or two!! Lol:p

I am just a green horn when it comes to life, always respect the Warrant officers, even if the first word you hear from them is a vulgarity and always have to do with smelling some woman's or mother's orifices.

Last edited:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can call me Dante or David erhh then I am 1 year your junior. No diff. You amass so much, knowledge, influence and asset.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yea but I like to support the company that came up with the original idea :smile: Unfortunately it seems Dynatrap only runs on 110-120VAC so not suitable for our environment unless one runs a step-down transformer.

The clones may be cheaper but I doubt they will be as reliable/durable nor work as well.

Me too, its a pity though. Yes clones will typically last only 3-6 months if you leave them on day or night. One can buy cheap step down transformers cheaply at a lot of hardware stores. The living depot for example sells the China ones cheaply(read, very cheaply).

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crime happens everywhere unfortunately. People got raped and one got raped plus murdered in Bukit Batok, every day you will still people jogging past that same spot in wee hours of the morning or late at night. Even though the perpetrators of the rape and murder were never ever found (or arrested), people still jog there daily. Just be vigilant and not take unnecessary chances but agree that jogging outside isn't that ideal especially wee hours of the day. Folks there should already have a very large internal compound to jog with already.

Yar loh, HH got Golf Club, I don't even use their swimming pool and gym let alone the gateway internal compound, if adventurous can follow the grill fence to experience up and down momentum.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You can call me Dante or David erhh then I am 1 year your junior. No diff. You amass so much, knowledge, influence and asset.

Thanks David, i am just a nobody in real life. I am very honoured that you think that way. I am just glad to help people out with the little things i know in life.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

As far as I am aware the pump at 2nd floor is run by electric and has an on off switch. Just change the shower head and make sure the switch is on or working.

Hey I have yet visit the HH swimming pool. Public can enter by paying? Does that mean the gym also? As interested to conduct my swimming business here weekdays and hopefully weekends.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yar loh, HH got Golf Club, I don't even use their swimming pool and gym let alone the gateway internal compound, if adventurous can follow the grill fence to experience up and down momentum.

Yes i seldom do as well even though i am there, too much work to do and things to follow up. Quite a bit to do just inside HH without leaving the area.

Times have to remind myself to eat and go to the bathroom. Sometimes so hungry as i get to eat breakfast only in the late afternoon. One time, only after 7pm then i ate breakfast, stuck on work and repeated calls with managment. Only on weekends, can i really relax but thats also the time family, neighbour and friends come. Wife always remind me to take a breather.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As far as I am aware the pump at 2nd floor is run by electric and has an on off switch. Just change the shower head and make sure the switch is on or working.

Hey I have yet visit the HH swimming pool. Public can enter by paying? Does that mean the gym also? As interested to conduct my swimming business here weekdays and hopefully weekends.

Yes check the pipes as well as we found some sediment inside which blocks it. Some install central heating but must change the pipes. There are lights on the pump, check for the red or amber light.

Public can enter by paying but must need a member as well. Not available for gym though as strictly for members only. You can definitely do and i may be able to assist you with that with the very little clout i have with the clubhouse. PM me.

In fact, i am actually bringing in archery to the clubhouse, depends on my "sifu" whether he wants to do it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.