• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is a new thread to continue from the previous Living in JB one, started to continue on as Living in JB will be closed after 800 pages.

To recap, the very first post i made on the topic:

Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

Places like Mont Calista, Horizon hills and others are just good examples. Especially Horizon Hills as its a very integrated place. A Chinese primary school, international school, shops are all there inside the secured compound.

It also has a full 18 hole golf course and my parents and siblings were amazed.
It really took us a total of 15 minutes to the place and its very nice and close to all amenities. I am taking my keys to my 2nd unit there and i must say, its really nice with a nice resort feel. The golf course and olympic sized pool helps too.

Mont Calista is great too, lots of space and very big.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mr Leong asked me to as it was getting too long to be easily searchable, etc and as that thread will be closed after 800 pages.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you need to have separate folders e.g. buying property, where to eat. where to shop, dealing with bureaucracy, etc

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think you need to have separate folders e.g. buying property, where to eat. where to shop, dealing with bureaucracy, etc

Aiyo Uncle Johnny, don't be so 60% can? Everything have to prepare nicely for you ah? Hehe. Don't zap me hor, just disturb you nia. :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you have good ideas. If not very hard to search for info. My ideas eg, Living In JB>>>
1. Buying property
2. Makan place
3. Entertainment eg. movie,KTV,pub.massage.............
4. Law and advice/help
5. Others ......

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Wuqi

How to go to mydin fr e coastal highway fr woodlands or HH ? Exit which one? I usually go by e small road behind ni. That day turned wrong exit at runabout n reached puteri habour n u turn a long way to mydin. And after shopping mydin , I realized can try e highway bk towards Pusat Bandaraya something. So I managed to go bk bk Indah. thanks

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think you have good ideas. If not very hard to search for info. My ideas eg, Living In JB>>>
1. Buying property
2. Makan place
4. Law and advice/help
5. Others ......

Good ideas all, maybe can ask Boss Leong to have a Living in JB folder and we park the sub topics inside.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo Uncle Johnny, don't be so 60% can? Everything have to prepare nicely for you ah? Hehe. Don't zap me hor, just disturb you nia. :biggrin:

I read the discussions out of curiosity & for knowledge, so I don't have any problems with the current format, but can understand that some people are looking for specific answers. This is probably why they direct their questions to Wuqi rather than going through the long, long,..long thread:smile:

legal_bastard

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a new thread to continue from the previous Living in JB one, started to continue on as Living in JB will be closed after 800 pages.

To recap, the very first post i made on the topic:

Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

how do you handle immigraiton and visa?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually another bro has taken initiative to start a new forum website Iskandar Living or something like that.
Ideally everybody can migrate there where the infrastructure would be more constructive.
But social media is very funny one, it is not easy to create the momentum and influence to make a few hundred of us switch the platform.
And now we're starting another single thread to repeat it all over again...hmm

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Actually another bro has taken initiative to start a new forum website Iskandar Living or something like that.
Ideally everybody can migrate there where the infrastructure would be more constructive.
But social media is very funny one, it is not easy to create the momentum and influence to make a few hundred of us switch the platform.
And now we're starting another single thread to repeat it all over again...hmm

It's not another thread. It's just a continuation of the same thread.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I read the discussions out of curiosity & for knowledge, so I don't have any problems with the current format, but can understand that some people are looking for specific answers. This is probably why they direct their questions to Wuqi rather than going through the long, long,..long thread:smile:

I see your point brother and fully agree with it :smile:
Hope Sam implements this and we can keep the useful information. These information deserves better classification and proper archiving. Cheers :biggrin:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Buying property
2. Makan place
4. Law and advice/help
5. Others ......

Good idea!

Let's not forget including a folder on car servicing.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi for taking the initiatives to make this thread and community into what it is today! Great job and now you're the moderator, it shows how committed you are! =)

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea!

Let's not forget including a folder on car servicing.

And not forgetting the nuts and bolts - Renovations, A&A works, Security systems, Lightning/electrical issues, mosquito issues, landscaping help, DIYs.

Can call the sub-section : Nuts & Bolts or DIYs :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.