• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenatazri

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi..nice knowing you guys...just need to know if anyone knows about senibong cove? im a sporean planning to buy property in jb....how far is it senibong to 2nd link tuas?...thanksss

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check with the agents; not sure if it can be done unless they charge a higher rental to make it worth their effort. I rented for 2 yrs in HH, RM1800/mth.

leenatazri

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone here knows about senibong cove....any comments and advise...apart from east ledang im also considering senibong...nice place but not sure worth buying there...however i still need to travel everyday to and fro spore to work and send kids to scholl. apreciate ur advise...thxxx

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally prefer straits view residences over senibong cove, but of course the price tag is different

anyone here knows about senibong cove....any comments and advise...apart from east ledang im also considering senibong...nice place but not sure worth buying there...however i still need to travel everyday to and fro spore to work and send kids to scholl. apreciate ur advise...thxxx

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senibong Cove is on east side while 2nd Link is on the west side so it is not close by.

Best is to make a trip and visit the two places. I think there are more EL people here in the forum than in SC. Since you have a family, you should discuss your plans with them and decide how best to approach this paradigm shift in living. You may wish to rent for awhile first to see if your family members can adjust to the lifestyle change before committing long term.

leenatazri

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the kind reply....i would highly consider nusajaya area alone if tats the case...commuting is important...therefore what i see here nusajaya is the best location if i need to travel daily msia-spore...:wink:))

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with comments that its a bit tough at the moment to be a "新-- 新" 人 with school going kids. One option could be to buy now while prices are still affordable and use the place as a weekend home. When the MRT & 3rd link is up (that's if we trust the political will), connectivity will be greatly enhanced and it makes better sense to be a "新-- 新" 人 then.

I believe the MRT & 3rd link will be a game changer for JB properties. Better to buy now than later. I think their idea is to milk cheap labour acoss the causeway but ensure that these pple are housed in their JB homes to limit overcrowding problems on the island. I am adopting a similar strategy of using the JB house as a weekend home, while waiting for MRT & 3rd link to be up....

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with comments that its a bit tough at the moment to be a "新-- 新" 人 with school going kids. One option could be to buy now while prices are still affordable and use the place as a weekend home. When the MRT & 3rd link is up (that's if we trust the political will), connectivity will be greatly enhanced and it makes better sense to be a "新-- 新" 人 then.

I believe the MRT & 3rd link will be a game changer for JB properties. Better to buy now than later. I think their idea is to milk cheap labour acoss the causeway but ensure that these pple are housed in their JB homes to limit overcrowding problems on the island. I am adopting a similar strategy of using the JB house as a weekend home, while waiting for MRT & 3rd link to be up....

That sounds like a good plan. I luv a phrase someone used in this forum... "when u fail to plan, u plan to fail". Best of luck, bro!

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just bumping the below post - Have a great weekend, thanks.

Hello Brothers,

I have been transferred to Australia and moving in May. My stay in Nusajaya turned out to be short but will see how long before I get back.

Btw I have Proton Saga Auto 1998 (was using as 2nd family car) well maintained and in a good condition, that I want to sell rather urgently at very attractive discount. Please PM for details if someone is interested.

Thanks,

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about your family first car? What brand and have you managed to offload?
1998 Saga is a bit too old..

Just bumping the below post - Have a great weekend, thanks.

Hello Brothers,

I have been transferred to Australia and moving in May. My stay in Nusajaya turned out to be short but will see how long before I get back.

Btw I have Proton Saga Auto 1998 (was using as 2nd family car) well maintained and in a good condition, that I want to sell rather urgently at very attractive discount. Please PM for details if someone is interested.

Thanks,

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ur rental is for landed or condo?

What he mentioned was for landed, it should be something quite bare bones for that price plus should be one of the smaller if not the smallest terraces in the Gateway if i am not wrong.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Senibong and u should use Causeway, which is jammed between 6am-10am mostly. Even on so-called non-peak hours btw 11am-4pm, they still make sure the traffic is very slow and there is a high risk that your car rear will be poke in one or another way. I have used Woodlands causeway for 2 years daily and I got poke 3 times on my rear. So far at Tuas no problem but the petrol cost and distance is going to cost a bomb. At least RM 1000 more on petrol and toll. Per trip to and from Tuas is easily RM 30 + RM 20 on extra petrol. If you workplace is in West side still ok.

Forget about it if u have school going kids. It will take a significant amount of time to travel in and out esp when you still need to pick up kids and send them to schools etc. I have done that before.. we left our house @ 530am and only reach house at 1030pm cos any timing earlier and the jams are horrible.. After I bathe, I totally got knocked out. And my wife claimed that my kids have " life " in Malaysia. After sometimes, I seriously shake my head and ask her, this is "life" ? Sure or not.. my kids now come back home at 2-3pm in Singapore and are able to relax, take a nap and play games and sleep at 8pm and wake up at 630am for school. Yes there are stress in school and in Spore but surely, I dont want them to turn out to be their cousins and uncles in Malaysia who got no stress and are contented with earning RM 1500 a month and kept borrowing money from their relatives ( me included of course ). I can see that those youngster are very very happy living JB but when its time for them to work, 90% would pack up their belongings and still come to Spore to find work. Without a proper education and with Spore government clamping down on foreign labour, why would there be enough space for Malaysians to fill the job gap?

No huge space, no greenery but with more time on their side, they are happier. When I got off from work early, I join them in their swimming classes at 5pm or so. When we were staying in Malaysia, no such benefit. Every weekday is a mad rush to and fro custom and vying for pumps in the super busy Shell petrol stations in 2nd link. With kids, weekends we still need to come back to Singapore for enrichment classes.

I am not saying staying in JB is no good. It is the best place to retire, seriously and I will surely stay in my Malaysia house once I retire. Weekends I will be in JB to relax when I am free but weekdays are studies and work time so I have choosen to stay in Spore cos it makes much more sense to be near to schools and workplace.

The scenario painted is realistic but a tad extreme in some cases. Friends of mine leave their homes in HH and EL, etc about 6.30pm and they come home around 8plus. I have done that as well. Earliest i have left here was to go for Qing Ming in SG and it was about 6am, still pretty empty at Tuas.

Of course to and fro using 2nd link. Some of the more enterprising ones even carpool or friends join carpooling services as well as send their kids separately to school via the yellow bus service. For almost every problem, there is an equal and appropriate solution. There is a reason why many migrate out of SG and in the end had to return no matter where they went, they got too used to the system that they can no longer survive without it.

Pumping can also be done at nearby stations to ones neighbourhood rather than Shell. Why does one need to crowd there to pump?
Few realise that there are Petronas and even Esso just behind the busy Shell at the 2nd link which is far more empty and is only about 20 seconds more to reach it.

Probably we are quite used to the convenience in SG such that when we are overseas, everything seems far. Driving for 2 hours to reach ones workplace, etc in most countries are pretty acceptable and even expected but not in Singapore.

Its definitely not for everyone but already seeing quite a few doing it. More are joining in and finding their own way. I do the commute as well some days and still find it ok but of course, that my personal view. Saw quite a few caucasian kids in my neighbourhood today, about 11 i think when i drove in. From the language spoken, seems to be German i think.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Senibong Cove is on east side while 2nd Link is on the west side so it is not close by.

Best is to make a trip and visit the two places. I think there are more EL people here in the forum than in SC. Since you have a family, you should discuss your plans with them and decide how best to approach this paradigm shift in living. You may wish to rent for awhile first to see if your family members can adjust to the lifestyle change before committing long term.

Well put, always do yourself a service and visit the place you want to live in and visit a few more. Make your own choices and then stick to it. Due dilligence is important but not as crucial as perserverance. Its so much easier to give up than to press on. Like my officer always say, Carry on mission.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just sharing for Nusa Duta, these are the new prices:
- By the way, they have 30/70 rule for foreigners versus locals

Cluster - 34 x 80
878,000 - 1,144,000

Semi-D - 50 x 75
1181000 - 1,525000

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, this is really fresh from oven. I was there only on Monday, and the girl told me new prices were not out yet.

Just sharing for Nusa Duta, these are the new prices:
- By the way, they have 30/70 rule for foreigners versus locals

Cluster - 34 x 80
878,000 - 1,144,000

Semi-D - 50 x 75
1181000 - 1,525000

Jettset

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, would you say daily commute each way takes up 2hours or 90min assuming one sidestep the peak period (ie as you say, leave 6.30am and return 8pm ish). thanks

Jettset

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the spirit of sharing, I believe there are two units that became available for Somerset Puteri Harbour - from phase 1 (ie non waterfront units but with the 5% min yield, leaseback). the larger unit is at $800psf, smaller one (half the sf) is at $1000psf.

Status
Not open for further replies.