• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks. that's what I thought. using them together will be overkill.

Yes, unless you really need water pressure strong enough to wash algae off walls that kind of thing.
Just the water pump on the roof top tank will be good enough.

By the way, saw a question on solar panels for water heaters, if its mainly to save electricity, its not
a lot difference but if its because one is inclined to go green, then its good to go down that route.

There was one brand monier which folks here say is bad so maybe good to avoid.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Stevewish,

Don't give up, you can always look at other areas. Your earlier posting, before it was edited i saw it as well.
Can't blame anyone for thinking you are an agent to be fair. You can post at the agents thread as no issues
with that if you have anyone to recommend.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read the news that DAP supremo would lead a team of PKR top guns to contest in Johor during the coming National and state elections. So Johor would be key battle field.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little mini Orlando in JB? Bring it on :smile:

Johor to echo Orlando's success by becoming SEA's fun hub

By HomeGuru Malaysia

Johor is poised to become the amusement park capital of the country as well as in the South East Asia region, with its cluster of at least 11 leisure destinations.

According to The Business Times, many industry observers said with Malaysia's new attractions, coupled with Singapore's world-class tourist destinations, the southern region of Asia could compete with Orlando in Florida where Disneyland offers the central attraction.

State-owned investment company Khazanah Nasional Bhd has taken part in most of Johor's proposed attractions, with at least five projects developed by Khazanah's leisure and tourism subsidiary - Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Malaysia.

Malaysia is not competing with Singapore in terms of the tourist attractions but instead, the countries complement and supplement each other, explained Tunku Ahmad Burhanuddin, CEO of TAR.

"We want to make it the attraction capital and the number one family destination in the Asean region," he said.

Steve Peet, TAR's Chief Operating Office, said "the entire area can become a tourist destination in its own right, just like Orlando."

Ahmad explained that Malaysia has many visitors but the nation used to have insufficient attractions. Thus, TAR was established in 2009 "to be a catalyst for investments in the tourism sector and to design, build and operate attractions."

Moreover, approximately RM2.3 billion fund has already been allocated until 2015 to develop parks and attractions. However, Ahmad said "it is not enough just to have Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club to promote Malaysia. So, we decided to incorporate Lat, our famous cartoonist," Ahmad said.

‘Lat' is inspired by the kampung scene in the Last comics. The project will comprise an indoor area, which measures 6,000 sq ft, as well as restaurants and theatres, among others.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some feedbacks about monier here

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....s-with-monier-solar-water-heater-installation

Yes, unless you really need water pressure strong enough to wash algae off walls that kind of thing.

By the way, saw a question on solar panels for water heaters, if its mainly to save electricity, its not
a lot difference but if its because one is inclined to go green, then its good to go down that route.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a table with a list of the theme parks and attractions in this link

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/legojump1/Article/index_html

Little mini Orlando in JB? Bring it on :smile:

Johor to echo Orlando's success by becoming SEA's fun hub

By HomeGuru Malaysia

Johor is poised to become the amusement park capital of the country as well as in the South East Asia region, with its cluster of at least 11 leisure destinations.

According to The Business Times, many industry observers said with Malaysia's new attractions, coupled with Singapore's world-class tourist destinations, the southern region of Asia could compete with Orlando in Florida where Disneyland offers the central attraction.

State-owned investment company Khazanah Nasional Bhd has taken part in most of Johor's proposed attractions, with at least five projects developed by Khazanah's leisure and tourism subsidiary - Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Malaysia.

Malaysia is not competing with Singapore in terms of the tourist attractions but instead, the countries complement and supplement each other, explained Tunku Ahmad Burhanuddin, CEO of TAR.

"We want to make it the attraction capital and the number one family destination in the Asean region," he said.

Steve Peet, TAR's Chief Operating Office, said "the entire area can become a tourist destination in its own right, just like Orlando."

Ahmad explained that Malaysia has many visitors but the nation used to have insufficient attractions. Thus, TAR was established in 2009 "to be a catalyst for investments in the tourism sector and to design, build and operate attractions."

Moreover, approximately RM2.3 billion fund has already been allocated until 2015 to develop parks and attractions. However, Ahmad said "it is not enough just to have Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club to promote Malaysia. So, we decided to incorporate Lat, our famous cartoonist," Ahmad said.

‘Lat' is inspired by the kampung scene in the Last comics. The project will comprise an indoor area, which measures 6,000 sq ft, as well as restaurants and theatres, among others.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, i must acknowledge that I do not know for sure. I think it is unlikely for the opposition to win the state but it could give the ruling coalition a run for their money. The BN would be forced to give more goodies to the people(not necessarily for foreigners though). If BN wins, then status quo or little bit worse for some foreign investors(not the FDI type) such as foreign property investors may be in the form of higher bar but I think it would not be too drastic as Malaysian economy needs a substantial support from foreign dollars. In the not so likely event of opposition win, then a lot would depend on the sultan if HM would cooperate as HM could hinder the proper functioning of thè state govt if HM so intended. DAP runs Penang well so it has capability to run Johor as well. PKR should be ok too but PAS is less appealing for running economy. All in all, for foreigners already with sunk in investment, there ought not be too much risks from the election but of course as people always say everything is still possible.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
The server is so slow. Feel like I'm using dial-up. Actually worse, sometimes I can't even load the page so it's worse than dial-up ... Is it me or did u guys experience the same?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, i must acknowledge that I do not know for sure. I think it is unlikely for the opposition to win the state but it could give the ruling coalition a run for their money. The BN would be forced to give more goodies to the people(not necessarily for foreigners though). If BN wins, then status quo or little bit worse for some foreign investors(not the FDI type) such as foreign property investors may be in the form of higher bar but I think it would not be too drastic as Malaysian economy needs a substantial support from foreign dollars. In the not so likely event of opposition win, then a lot would depend on the sultan if HM would cooperate as HM could hinder the proper functioning of thè state govt if HM so intended. DAP runs Penang well so it has capability to run Johor as well. PKR should be ok too but PAS is less appealing for running economy. All in all, for foreigners already with sunk in investment, there ought not be too much risks from the election but of course as people always say everything is still possible.

Thanks for the view. However I a bit worried about the customs increase charges for Singapore cars. Seems like they want to make us pay for the cost of building the EDL...

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Wuqi for remembering my question on solar water storage. I am not really sure abt what sort of water heater I shld install for a house with 5 bathrooms!! My 3 room hdb flat is a much simpler solution. Haha... Any suggestion, bro?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi for remembering my question on solar water storage. I am not really sure abt what sort of water heater I shld install for a house with 5 bathrooms!! My 3 room hdb flat is a much simpler solution. Haha... Any suggestion, bro?

Get a simple 1to1 type for each tap. Spoil just change the spoil one. Don't need to run so many pipes to connect to the heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.