• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why non-halal mutton. beef or chicken is not available in Singapore?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Palace of Westminster has rejected non-halal meat in its restaurants. (see story below). In Singapore it appears that only halal beef, mutton and chicken are available. Recently a Hindu friend tried to buy non-halal mutton for offering to his deity. His reasoning was that sheep killed after chanting of Muslim prayers will not be accepted by his deity as the meat is spiritually "tainted". However, he could not find any. In the end he decided to offer chicken meat instead. As no non-halal chicken was available in the market he had to go to a farm in Kranji, buy live chickens and slaughter them himself.

Singapore's Muslim population is only 15% but it appears that they are calling the shots when it comes to non-pork based meat products. Meat distributors should make available non-halal options to cater for non-Muslims in Singapore. This issue has now cropped up in UK as reported by a British daily.
=========================

We won't eat halal meat, say MPs and peers who reject demands to serve it at Westminster

By Chris Hastings

Last updated at 11:01 PM on 31st December 2011

The Palace of Westminster has rejected demands to serve halal meat in its restaurants.

Muslim MPs and peers have been told they cannot have meat slaughtered in line with Islamic tradition because the method – slitting an animal’s throat without first stunning it – is offensive to many of their non-Muslim colleagues.

The stance has infuriated some parliamentarians who have eaten meat in the Palace’s 23 restaurants and cafes, having been assured that it was halal.

Lord Ahmed of Rotherham said: ‘I did feel misled. I think a halal option should be made available.’

In 2010, The Mail on Sunday revealed schools, hospitals and restaurants were serving halal meat to unwitting customers.

Alison Ruoff, a member of the Church of England, said: ‘It’s a bit hypocritical that the Houses of Parliament, which have allowed other people to provide halal food, have ruled it out on their own premises.’

Spokesmen for the House of Lords and the House of Commons confirmed that halal meat was not served in their restaurants.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-demands-serve-Westminster.html#ixzz1iBYvrXPf

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with halal beef/chicken/mutton? It tastes the same as the non-halal version anyway. So let's be tolerant and accommodating towards our Muslim brothers and sisters.. something that is of benefit to them but no detriment to us. Why not?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can kill pig with Muslim chanting to make it halal anot LOL

I dont eat anything Muslim or halal one after I grow enough to know what it mean. Fuck them :oIo:

They saying we Chinese eat dirty food. Fuck them :oIo:

Any Chinese who eat Muslim food I also fuck them :oIo:

You Muslim cheebye kia want to sell your cheebye food to Chinese. Fuck you :oIo:

Why dont you come buy Chinese food? You say dirty. Fuck you :oIo:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always thought that only chicken had a halal version.
Din know that mutton and beer as well.
Another other type of meat? Halal seafood? What about left common meats like venison? That means Muslims cannot eat croc meat, ostrich meat etc?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another other type of meat? Halal seafood? What about left common meats like venison? That means Muslims cannot eat croc meat, ostrich meat etc?

Halal food law is a trick to make Muslims control food industry. Dont be fool. Boycott it!

When Chinese stop eating Muslim foods, Muslims will die themselves without enough bizness. But Sinkie Chinese stewpig still eating at Muslim stalls.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

even beer also got halal ...dont play play . next time maybe got halal ganja :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is some insight. The Muslim lobby in the UK and Europe is powerful. This is despite their muslim born in the UK bombed their subway. They are so powerful that animals can be butchered without stun gun unlike places like OZ, NZ etc. they are actually advertised as "non stun halal meat".

People generally don't have an issue with halal meat is they are butchered with stun guns or a accetable humane method. If you have seen the expose where the animals butchered in Indonesia without stun guns strruggled and sufferd for up to 15 minutes leading to Australian export ban.

The Sikhs cannot eat meat Halal meat which in their religion has been sacrificed to another religion. What is intesting is that both Muslims and Jews unless they are ultra orthodox can eat halal or kosher meat. So they do ferquent each others resturants in the western world unless politics gets in the way

The issue is not halal meat but the humane method of slaughter. Because some uneducated and ignorant mufti hoping to hold on to his flock of ignorant followers, some ancient method is followed. Politicians needing the voters of these ignorant lot further these practices.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal's mention of humane method of slaughter is the current trend of thought in industrial countries today. I'd like to add one more. As humane a way of allowing the animal a normal life during its life.

Ok, that aside - let's come back to this halal food certification thing and my own two cents. I recently was part of a group that had muslims in it and we went for a tour. Needless to say, the food the group had, had to cater to the muslim needs. I didn't realize that chicken siew mai and char siew tasted so bad. Foe God's sake, let the muslims have their halal food and the Chinks, our Chinkies style. Cooked with pork lard, with real piggie meat. After two meals with the group, I made myself scarce and walked the streets looking for the local fare (Penang), which I enjoyed much more.

And to the above, I would not support muslim businesses, unless it was reciprocal.

Cheers!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to the above, I would not support muslim businesses, unless it was reciprocal.

Agree completely and up your points and cheers! Fucks to muslim halal. Meat is meat. They dont eat pork is their biz. But KNN chicken also got halal non-halal :oIo:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I know, seafood must also be Halal. In this respect, it is in the preparation for cooking. Mac at one stage did consider eel meat burger and they wanted it to be Halal.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
even beer also got halal ...dont play play . next time maybe got halal ganja :wink:

Halal Beer ~ 0% booze.

Halal Ganja ~ 0% THC.

Mana kena?

One day when Islam catches up with the rest of the world ~ Halal Massage?

Cheers!

p.s. Oh shit. I think they'll whip me for this.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicken slaughter factory who do the chanting? I dont think anyone chanting maybe use speaker from MP3 source.
There are so many race most are chinese.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Halal Beer ~ 0% booze.

Halal Ganja ~ 0% THC.

Mana kena?

One day when Islam catches up with the rest of the world ~ Halal Massage?

Cheers!

p.s. Oh shit. I think they'll whip me for this.

geyland must come up with halal pros :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
since when religon is sane ? if the christain can believe in talking snake and staying aliving in a fish stomach for 3 days ...why not other religions ? i have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. they are all alike founded on fables and mythology . some religion also cannot eat beef :wink: people who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs :wink: yes im talking about each and every single religion in the world ...:wink:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you invent hala pork, you will be richer than LKY, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs combined.

Can kill pig with Muslim chanting to make it halal anot LOL

I dont eat anything Muslim or halal one after I grow enough to know what it mean. Fuck them :oIo:

They saying we Chinese eat dirty food. Fuck them :oIo:

Any Chinese who eat Muslim food I also fuck them :oIo:

You Muslim cheebye kia want to sell your cheebye food to Chinese. Fuck you :oIo:

Why dont you come buy Chinese food? You say dirty. Fuck you :oIo: