• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT train drivers forced to work 18 hrs straight with only 1 hr break

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://gintai.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/smrt-train-officer/

“For instance, every December is considered super peak for OT. We may work for the full month without off days. At times, we work 18 hours – no typo error here. 9 hours per shift including 1 hour meal break. We are exempted from the 12 hour working hours limit due to “exigency” of services.”

“The worst is “crew reformation” whenever there is train service disruption due to train breakdowns or delays during morning and evening peak hours. We call it “Train Reformation” where train numbers are changed at will to comply with the 3 minute headway on the train timetable! It seems that it is a daily routine to have train and crew reformations!”

"When I report for work, I just clock in with my staff pass without knowing who are my duty supervisors. Sometimes I do not even meet top management for years! I cannot even recall when was the last time I met my Manager Train Ops or Director Train Ops in OCC at City Hall."

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-pr...-work-and-overtime/Pages/default.aspx#maximum

Part IV of the Employment Act & Section 33

Maximum working hours

An employee is not allowed to work for more than 12 hours within a day except in the following circumstances:

1. Accident or threat of accident;
2. Work that is essential to:
a. the life of the community;
b. national defence; or
c. security;
3. Urgent work to be done to machinery or plant; or
4. An interruption of work which was impossible to foresee.

An employee can be required to work up to 12 hours a day if the employee gives his consent in writing, after the provisions of Sections 38 and 40 of the Employment Act have been clearly explained to him. He must be informed of the daily working hours, the number of working days in each week and the weekly rest day.

Employers that require their employees to work more than 12 hours (maximum 14 hours) a day are required under section 40 of the Employment Act, to apply for overtime exemption from the Ministry of Manpower.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like the CEO had engaged a PR consultant.Further comments from this writer is quite revealing.....not many sinkies write this well let alone some MRT train drivers.Even the commas are perfect.Apparently almost 90% of MRT drivers can be identified as Malays.This writer claims to be Chinese.

-"Now that the trains are still quite messy and that we are having a crisis in the system, we, including our CEO are working round the clock to bring it back to normalcy. She virtually camps in OCC since last Thursday trying to put things right. Pls give her some time to let her sort out the problems. We seek your patience and kind understanding on this matter. Pls bear with us. As humans we are not perfect. We all make mistakes. It is how we face the problems and tackle them that matters! I shall personally reply to every comment posted here in due course. Just be merry and continue with your shopping. Don’t let this affect your festive mood and spirit! I really appreciate your support. Cheers to all!"-

Last edited:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
_ and that shortsighted cunt came and proudly announced here a few days ago that all MRT trains are driverless

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did she give any chance when she and her retrenched DFS colleagues replaced experienced SMRT old guards with their own preferences?

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the whole article. He seems quite happy with his job. U take away that OT, and he might actually be very pissed