• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will military man takes over SMRT if the Saw breaks?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian Saw was the first non-military person to run SMRT.

Would a military man now be more appropriate now that the rental revenue streams have been established, although some streams are more profitable than others?

Then perhaps we won't have the kind of chaos that we saw?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Would a military man now be more appropriate now that the rental revenue streams have been established, although some streams are more profitable than others?

No harm trying one out.
We have many of them doing nothing besides playing war-games on laptops in their air-conditioned offices.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya. Good timing for the next election. He can then start his grassroots activities early and will not be out of job if he loses. I am sure this will happen for many quasi-government organizations.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The first SMRT chief was an ex-military man. The guy had no commercial sense and the train frequency back then was a farking joke. They would tweak the clock to trick passengers into believing that the waiting time was less than 6 minutes. No more ex-military generals please!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry. If military men don't get to take over SMRT, they'll get parachuted into various other places.

Cushy chaik liao bee jobs, minus the uniform.

Look at Chan Chun Sing, Lui Tuck Yew, Yam Ah Mee etc.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to kena 'arrowed' into taking over SMRT while the public outrage is still fresh.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
laksaboy said:
Don't worry. If military men don't get to take over SMRT, they'll get parachuted into various other places.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to kena 'arrowed' into taking over SMRT while the public outrage is still fresh.

Actually there is an obvious replacement - a female civil engineer.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first SMRT chief was an ex-military man. The guy had no commercial sense and the train frequency back then was a farking joke. They would tweak the clock to trick passengers into believing that the waiting time was less than 6 minutes. No more ex-military generals please!
I am not convinced that clocks now are not tweak....anyone can verify?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah Singh is very boyish. Or Yew is beyond any comparison.
As for Ah Mee, just like A-mei, his antics are much like a clown from a travelling circus.
I would reccomend him as a good candidate as getai singer for the Hungry Ghost Festival.
Maybe the Indian Dance Company can also use him.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if SMRT can be saved:confused:

It's probably got many long time dead wood accumulated through the 'good years' years, also known as party members:smile: From pictures of packed stations it's obvious the planners didn't plan adequately.

SMRT might be a cash cow but it's at the expense of efficiency. I think the only way to improve things has to be done at the very top i.e. LHL, Ho Ching & company.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they should try out ER LEE BEE WAH to tackle the engineering problem, btw she cant speak well in the house best in the field i hope haha

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh come on, no more military men please. They are only good at giving orders. Even Teo Chee Hean can get his election rally's location wrong whilst giving a speech at the East Coast GRC during the last GE. Imagine a DPM doing that?

My nephew once worked in Keppel and he told me his boss (ex-military man) runs the company like a military camp. Very difficult to express and excel even if one wants to.

1 failed Goh Chee Kong still not enough ah?

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

saw will never break, HC never break, why she will be any different?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not convinced that clocks now are not tweak....anyone can verify?

I can verify, if you sync your watches to rob a bank, you are in trouble, the time displayed is synchronized with Inner Mongolia. I didn't rob a bank & I can verify that the time on the trains is their Standard Time.