• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
My heart goes out to such people. I feel really sorry for them. However, if official policies are put in place so that all such cases are rewarded with free electricity, a job on a platter or a handout, where is the incentive to crawl out of the hole they're in?.

Unfortunately in Singapore, the government cannot function unless the rules are formalized. Take even a simple case of determining meritocracy. You might think it is a very subjective thing deciding whether a person is good or bad or if you want to make it more objective, look at his achievements but no, even that is too subjective. Inevitably, it falls back on his academic achievements. Here then you find something very objective and measurable, whether it is relevant or not that is not important.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately in Singapore, the government cannot function unless the rules are formalized. Take even a simple case of determining meritocracy. You might think it is a very subjective thing deciding whether a person is good or bad or if you want to make it more objective, look at his achievements but no, even that is too subjective. Inevitably, it falls back on his academic achievements. Here then you find something very objective and measurable, whether it is relevant or not that is not important.

Yes, everything is formalised, SOPs written and followed..that's the flaw of the SG system. Staff are not encouraged to exercise initiative

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland will never crumble. It's a parasite of the global economy, just like cockroaches in a kitchen with a surfeit of delectable leftovers. As long as the PAPpies do not overstretch the pie and increase the population, this tiny city-state shall maintain its facade of prosperity and wealth for years to come. Even the abject incompetence of the Lee family can't bring ruin to this thriving tax haven.

96996_francois-mitterrand-le-9-novembre-1983-a-paris.jpg

"Who is this ridiculous man who wastes my time? Running Singapore is like running Marseilles. I am running a whole country!” - François Mitterrand

jw5

Loyal
Agree...Do you see any such men/women in the pap?

Will the pap allow any good Opposition men/women to influence their governance?

The only one among the current pap mps is Lily, but she is too small a fry and also she is aware of her limits and boundaries.
She is also focused on only one aspect of society and that is helping needy people, possibly due to her medical background.
Proper governance by good men and women is much more than just that.

There are other pappy mps I don't really object to, people like Jessica and Alvin, but the rest are mostly yucks............

As for the second question, they may eventually listen, if they see the tide turning aganist them quickly and they are losing their foothold.
Frankly, I have doubts about opposition party members too, they need to prove themselves over time.

jw5

Loyal
Inevitably, it falls back on his academic achievements. Here then you find something very objective and measurable, whether it is relevant or not that is not important.

If it was just based on academic achievements, keechiu would be the PM and ser luck would be a backbencher................

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deluded, jingoistic Sinkies sneering at the "declining West" are akin to cockroaches flaunting their foie gras in rubbish bags to lions who have to content with Zebra carcasses in the wild. "Look at me! I've a kitchen of discarded food to myself", says the useless parasite. :rolleyes:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least free medical for chronic illness with a guranteed quality of medical care:confused:

My heart goes out to such people. I feel really sorry for them. However, if official policies are put in place so that all such cases are rewarded with free electricity, a job on a platter or a handout, where is the incentive to crawl out of the hole they're in?

jw5

Loyal
Deluded, jingoistic Sinkies sneering at the "declining West" are akin to cockroaches flaunting their foie gras in rubbish bags to lions who have to content with Zebra carcasses in the wild. "Look at me! I've a kitchen of discarded food to myself", says the useless parasite. :rolleyes:

Quick, tell me, who are these deluded jingoistic sinkies who are sneering? I thot most of us are too busy concerned that we will become the zebra carcasses....................... :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland will never crumble. It's a parasite of the global economy, just like cockroaches in a kitchen with a surfeit of delectable leftovers. As long as the PAPpies do not overstretch the pie and increase the population, this tiny city-state shall maintain its facade of prosperity and wealth for years to come. Even the abject incompetence of the Lee family can't bring ruin to this thriving tax haven.

hahaha..I can see that you are not a lky admirer

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only one among the current pap mps is Lily, but she is too small a fry and also she is aware of her limits and boundaries.
She is also focused on only one aspect of society and that is helping needy people, possibly due to her medical background.

that's true..perhaps her compassion for the poor showed through. so, even if she can be Minister, MCYS, LHL may not want her to be minister, otherwise he will have to stop her fighting for bigger assistance for the poor. LHL prefers men like VB who wld not ask for increases of help for the poor. VB in MCYS makes life easier for LHL

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Examine the record of the "broken record". He has a rich history of misjudgments, incompetence and failures. Only brainwashed Sinkies without a sense of history would be grateful to that useless charlatan. :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Proper governance by good men and women is much more than just that.

There are other pappy mps I don't really object to, people like Jessica and Alvin, but the rest are mostly yucks............

I think there maybe some PAP Mps who have compassion for the poor. But because that's not PAP's intent, they cant rise up to higher office.

So what shd these MPs do? one way is, if they cant do anything for the people within the pap, to get out and help out of the pap

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: He Planned All These

it takes time to counter pap's 50yrs of propaganda. unlike you, i dont blame the 60%. i am thankful that 40% have seen the light. it just means that we have to work harder the next few years
hahaha....pse read carefully, since when i blame the 60%??????
(i only blame papee for not closing down SGX)