• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NZ is a lifestyle choice. I enjoy mountain biking, hiking, photography, fishing etc. Governments didn't come into the equation in my decision.

I'm "fed up" with the government here and I'd be "fed up" with the govt if I lived in Singapore. However, I don't dwell on the issue. I've brought it up here simply to illustrate the points I am making.

In my daily life, what the NZ govt is doing hardly crosses my mind. I concentrate on things which are directly within my control such as which spot to go for my fishing tomorrow and which trail I'll ride my bike through on Sunday.

yes, you can resign yourself, accepting whatever comes along and just go abt doing your own things.

nothing wrong with your choice.

as for me, I am different. I rather try to improve what I see as wrong

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The answer is an obvious NO and it is for this reason that Singapore is a better place than NZ in many ways. Drugs are far less of a problem in Singapore thanks to the tough measures the govt takes and the general disapproval of the drugs culture by most Singaporeans.

Bring up a child in Singapore and his chances of ending up a drug addict are low.

In NZ, most kids have experimented with dope by the time they're 14.

have you considered this - SG parents are better than NZ parents? please dont have only one track mind...there are more than one reason why things appear to be so

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary. Thanks to the PAP, many Singaporeans are in a position to cash out and retire elsewhere. It's only the fear of the unknown and the lack of the spirit of adventure that keeps Singaporeans rooted to the only turf they know.

not totally correct. SG parents are very focused in bringing up their children properly. Singaporeans are also very hardworking, industrious and thrifty. that's why many Singaporeans are successful

They have to be credited with what they have achieved. attributing their success to only the pap is warped reasoning

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah... u also never experience National Service yet you like to kpkb about National Service. Please do what you preach, never experience National Service so you have no position to comment on national service.

by the way, ah sam boss very free hor, can have patience to exchange views with a stubborn woman.

shd all singaporeans speak out against "NS for Singapore guys. Jobs for foreigners"?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans are also very hardworking, industrious and thrifty. that's why many Singaporeans are successful

They have to be credited with what they have achieved. attributing their success to only the pap is warped reasoning

That used to be the case but not anymore. Singaporeans have lost the drive and determination to succeed because they were spoilt by the govt and handed the good life on a platter. This, I believe, is the biggest mistake the PAP made.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That used to be the case but not anymore. Singaporeans have lost the drive and determination to succeed because they were spoilt by the govt and handed the good life on a platter. This, I believe, is the biggest mistake the PAP made.

those who have and are able to cash out are those whom we talked abt.

as for the present generation of Singaporeans, I still have high regards for them. it's the pap's policies of low wage and high cost of living that are squeezing them empty. Many of those who are mobile and capable are leaving. that's why it doesnt augur well for SG as most of those who are left in SG are the immobile and have few options but to stay. these will eventually face the difficult circumstances in SG

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans have lost the drive and determination to succeed because they were spoilt by the govt and handed the good life on a platter. This, I believe, is the biggest mistake the PAP made.

I disagree. I see Singaporeans working very hard in schools and in the work place. It's the lack of opportunities caused by bad govt policies that killed manufacturing and the severe high cost of living that are killing singaporeans. That is the biggest pap mistake...not that Singaporeans are spoilt...

the SG govt have lost the engines of growth and are relying on services such as tourism to keep the economy humming..how wrong they are as tourism cant replace manufacturing..it will be painful when the pap finally wakes up and find out

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans have lost the drive and determination to succeed because they were spoilt by the govt and handed the good life on a platter. This, I believe, is the biggest mistake the PAP made.

The pap doesnt believe in social welfare and has always made Singaporeans pay for every drop of water and every cc of blood. On top of that, the pap imposes tax on all service and goods. So how has the pap spoilt Singaporeans? Every Singaporean's success is due to their hard work and acumen and they fully deserve praise for it. The govt benefits from Singaporean's diligence.

The pap must be grateful to have citizens like Singaporeans. Singaporeans have spoilt, emboldened the pap and made it rich through their hardwork and co-operation.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The govt has also made it one of the wealthiest nations in the world so they must be doing a lot of things right.

------------------------------

As World Millionaires Multiply, Singapore Holds Its Lead

Overall, global wealth grew fastest in the Asia Pacific region last year. North America came in second
By Venessa Wong

Singapore seems modest by some measures: Median income among working households was only about S$5,700 (about US$4,500) in 2010, according to the Singapore Department of Statistics. Yet in this small island nation of only 5 million, known for extravagant shopping, high-end restaurants, and draconian chewing-gum laws, nearly one in every six households has more than $1 million in assets, making it the densest population of wealthy households in the world, according to a new report by Boston Consulting Group.

As the financial markets improved last year, global wealth grew in nearly every region in the world. The fastest, at 17.1 percent, came in the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan), followed by North America at 10.2 percent. "Global wealth is at an all-time high," says BCG Senior Partner Monish Kumar.

Monish Kumar knows Singaporeans well or did he get his "facts" from the SG govt? He should walk the heartlands of Toa Payoh, Bedok, AMK HDB estates.

For every "fact" he quoted, he can get a true perspective when he mixed with local Singaporeans. He will eat humble pie when he knows the truth

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The pap doesnt believe in social welfare and has always made Singaporeans pay for every drop of water and every cc of blood. On top of that, the pap imposes tax on all service and goods. So how has the pap spoilt Singaporeans?

They spoilt Singaporeans by creating a full employment scenario and limiting competition from abroad.

As a result of this, even the laziest and most useless Singaporean was in the demand in a labour market heavily skewed in the employee's favour.

Thankfully, the PAP realised the error of their ways and Singaporeans now have to compete for jobs that used to be theirs for the taking. However, the fact that foreigners are preferred by most employers shows that Singaporeans still haven't regained the work ethic that was a hallmark of the early pioneers.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Monish Kumar knows Singaporeans well or did he get his "facts" from the SG govt? He should walk the heartlands of Toa Payoh, Bedok, AMK HDB estates.

If you talk to the winners, you'll get their perspective regarding how things are going in Singapore. If you talk to the losers in society, you'll get a different viewpoint.

However, the statement "nearly one in every six households has more than $1 million in assets" is either the truth or a falsehood. If you think the statement is in error, please give us the real figure and quote your source.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They spoilt Singaporeans by creating a full employment scenario and limiting competition from abroad.

As a result of this, even the laziest and most useless Singaporean was in the demand in a labour market heavily skewed in the employee's favour.

nahhh..the worst Singaporean is better qualified and has better civic consciousness than most foreigners. the pap made a mistake by bad mouthing Singaporeans. the pap tries to win foreigners' hearts and loyalty. this is going to backfire on Singapore and the pap.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, the statement "nearly one in every six households has more than $1 million in assets" is either the truth or a falsehood. If you think the statement is in error, please give us the real figure and quote your source.

That's not the true and complete picture. Did he mention the lowest 20% of Singaporean household? that would be balanced reporting. or was he told to not mention that?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the data for the lowest 20% of Singapore household is freely available..it's not state secret. so you can get it easily.

I guess you are like the pap...look at data you want to look at and glorify them but ignore those that dont present a nice picture.

Monish, like Murdoch and many foreigners, feel into that trap