• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You lost of track of which account you were logged on with and ended up replying to yourself! :biggrin: Clone accounts have to be carefully managed or you'll make a booboo sooner or later. It happened in the good old days of scs and it's still happening 16 years later.

hahaha..how wrong you are...I was adding on to that earlier posting...cant you see that it was a continuation of what I said? Read that two posts carefully and u will realise that i want them joint

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hahaha..how wrong you are...I was adding on to that earlier posting...cant you see that it was a continuation of what I said? Read that two posts carefully and u will realise that i want them joint

I heard the same excuse 16 years ago too. :p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TracyTan866 said:
The right way is that the PM must rely on an institutionalised system, not his own knowledge, to pick the right person for the job.

But because it is a top down system, the top has to let go of this control freak urge.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes..but it is sad that the pap managed to usurp all these from singaporeans and run them like their like kingdoms.

I blame what is happening on Singaporeans' ignorance in general. but I blame SRN, TT, LSS, YAM in particular for working for the pap instead of SG and Singaporeans ...they have no b.lls to do what's right

this is changing and it will be more evident in the coming election.

CSM,someone from a successful outside career coming into politics is a fine example. Important that alternative parties get hold & convince these talented people to join their ranks and take the plunge into politics.

As alternative party, entering politics is everything to lose and nothing to gain. You go in with a spirit to serve because if you are not the government, you aren't going to get anything much.

Then the line is drawn to separate the spirit to serve and not for pay vs the desire for higher pay then serve. Here lies the dilemma of ministers' pay. Give too much, you start doubting the motive, give too little, you cannot attract the talented.

How many CSM can we find out there? WP is lucky they caught him.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this the PM is like the average man in the street. He only knows who he knows personally and dares not take the risk of trusting people he does not know. No wonder, they find Singapore so short of talent.

in that, my opinion is that he subscribe a little bit to his dad's belief that genes determines everything. So, a son of a former MP is likely to be MP material too...

Hence they look inwards in their circle.

Like all politicians, you would like also to circle yourself with associates who are supportive of you - whether they turn out to be merely yes-men is anyone know. Even if WP holds government today, the same thing will take place.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CSM,someone from a successful outside career coming into politics is a fine example. Important that alternative parties get hold & convince these talented people to join their ranks and take the plunge into politics.

As alternative party, entering politics is everything to lose and nothing to gain. You go in with a spirit to serve because if you are not the government, you aren't going to get anything much.

Then the line is drawn to separate the spirit to serve and not for pay vs the desire for higher pay then serve. Here lies the dilemma of ministers' pay. Give too much, you start doubting the motive, give too little, you cannot attract the talented.

How many CSM can we find out there? WP is lucky they caught him.

I am very thankful that CSM has stepped forward to serve SG. He is indeed a patriot whom we can emulate. My hope is that CSM has blazed a trial for many to follow. If so, there is hope for SG and Singaporeans.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in that, my opinion is that he subscribe a little bit to his dad's belief that genes determines everything. So, a son of a former MP is likely to be MP material too...

Hence they look inwards in their circle.

Like all politicians, you would like also to circle yourself with associates who are supportive of you - whether they turn out to be merely yes-men is anyone know. Even if WP holds government today, the same thing will take place.

The main ingredients of pap's impending fall are inbreeding, arrogance and self serving

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that's true. It's comforting to know that there are many things the pap has no control

as I mentioned before, election 2011 has been a watershed,..PAP realised they need to change albeit unwillingly. LHL desperate play on emotions before the election day by apologising on public media says that much. You would never see his dad do that - the furthest he went was "i stand to be corrected"

after the election, you can sense they are becoming more "reactive" albeit again, this whole monstrous organisation is taking a long time to get around it. The electorate has given them another 5 years to do something and something they must do.

immediately, you see LKY, WKS, MBT all exiting the stage. And if you look at the cabinet, it is actually a little lightweight....in the sense that LHL moved some inexperienced birds into the cabinet positions at expense of experienced birds.

WP winning a GRC opens the opportunity for many others young or otherwise to try to enter politics...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as I mentioned before, election 2011 has been a watershed,..PAP realised they need to change albeit unwillingly. LHL desperate play on emotions before the election day by apologising on public media says that much. You would never see his dad do that - the furthest he went was "i stand to be corrected"

Yes, LHL seemed lost and was probably overwhelmed by Singaporeans' hostile response to the pap. If he doesnt do much to correct bad pap policies, he will be in for a shock come the next GE.

more singaporeans are showing their love for Singapore and are more vocal against bad pap policies. and this will manifest in a backlash at the next GE

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after the election, you can sense they are becoming more "reactive" albeit again, this whole monstrous organisation is taking a long time to get around it. The electorate has given them another 5 years to do something and something they must do.

immediately, you see LKY, WKS, MBT all exiting the stage. And if you look at the cabinet, it is actually a little lightweight....in the sense that LHL moved some inexperienced birds into the cabinet positions at expense of experienced birds.

WP winning a GRC opens the opportunity for many others young or otherwise to try to enter politics...

yes, the pap cabinet and the MPs are indeed 2nd or 3rd rate. and more able Singaporeans will not join the pap because of its bad brand name. how the tide has changed in the last few years..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Under previous elections, new PAP candidates wld not have been parachuted directly into the Cabinet as full ministers.

Even TCH was made MOS before he became Acting Minister and finally Minister.

So pap must be very desperate to parachute in HSK as a full Minister and CCS as Acting Minister in 2011.

It showed the lack of depth and expertise of political leaders in the pap.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With present poor pap leadership and the dearth of talent, it's a golden opportunity for Opposition Parties to go for pap's jugular at the next GE. Hopefully that will stop SG's crumbling and make life better for the average Singaporean.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really depend on Ministers' salary, if the cut is great... Some may leave politics to seek better prospect else where...

Capabilities and $$$ rewards comes hand in hand!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really depend on Ministers' salary, if the cut is great... Some may leave politics to seek better prospect else where...

Capabilities and $$$ rewards comes hand in hand!

That's good...that will seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Better to have less people with the right motive than have many people with the wrong motive

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under previous elections, new PAP candidates wld not have been parachuted directly into the Cabinet as full ministers.

Even TCH was made MOS before he became Acting Minister and finally Minister.

So pap must be very desperate to parachute in HSK as a full Minister and CCS as Acting Minister in 2011.

It showed the lack of depth and expertise of political leaders in the pap.

on the contrary, he could have kept at least WKS. But he quickly removed him, taking a risk with new faces. Don't forget, he has a pack of them as Ministers in PMO.

It isn't the lack of depth per say, he is doing it to "please" the masses.