• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. MRT Congestion
2. Housing problem
3. Hospital beds shortage
4. Unemployment of locals
5. Increased suicide rate
6. Unhappiness of citizens
7. Road congestion
8. High ERP rates without easing traffic congestion
9. Bus crowdedness
10. National Service for locals, jobs for foreigners
11. PAP running out of idea how to promote economic growth but having to resort to vices such as gambling.
12. Increased social problems and integration due to high influx of cheap, unskilled and unqualified migrant laboour with their 3rd world social behaviour and lawlessness

Are these signs of the crumbling of Singapore? The pap appears to run out of ideas how to bring SG forward but is taking the obvious easy ways out, bringing long term problems to SG.

Are the recent MRT failures precursors to more failures to come? Will there be forthcoming systemic failures of the Transport system, Medical Institutions, Housing issues, social problems?

In an interview on 3 Aug 2015, LHL finally admitted that he has run out of ideas how to improve Singaporeans' lives. The only solution he has is to increase productivity.

That's appalling. The world's highest paid politician has no solution to a tiny Singapore problem? If he has no idea, he shd step aside and let someone who can take over.

Let us vote for a leader who can bring Singapore ahead and further at the next GE

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lui Tuck Yew has declined to stand for re-election. In other words, KTY has resigned wef from the next GE.

No good people will want to work for a lousy leader like LHL.

LTY and Irene Ng have led the way for other good pap MPs to follow. How many more good MPs will resign?

LHL, with his arrogant and poor leadership, has problem recruiting and retain people.

This is definitely the start of the end of the PAP.

Or will a more capable leader shoo LHL out?

LTY taking responsibility due to the transport matters but then quitting totally is abit harsh to be honest.

From the start, the problems on the transport already started years ago and not recently only. I think transport should be nationalized.

I see many stepping down, some of them are the better ones. It just feels weird. But then you see the way the Oppo. present themselves, really little hope and faith for them.

Take a look at NSP. IIRC WP want to use MacPherson to exchange for Marine Parade (or is it MP for MacPherson ? Can't remember), NSP don't want, then they announce so big that they will not contest in MacPherson and MP. WP thanked NSP. Then now NSP say want to contest in MacPherson, ask WP to adhere to the "exchange suggestion" they offered the other time.

Seriously...Did they even think properly before making such a move ?

Some people may say WP is not right to "go into other people's area" and contest, but what is wrong with it ? Our little island has so many parties, every election always nego to contest here and there, publish big big in newspapers somemore. Really end up become a joke. Just fight it out and those who lose badly should just admit it and quit politics or merge together to form a stronger party.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTY taking responsibility due to the transport matters but then quitting totally is abit harsh to be honest.

From the start, the problems on the transport already started years ago and not recently only. I think transport should be nationalized.

I see many stepping down, some of them are the better ones. It just feels weird. But then you see the way the Oppo. present themselves, really little hope and faith for them.

Take a look at NSP. IIRC WP want to use MacPherson to exchange for Marine Parade (or is it MP for MacPherson ? Can't remember), NSP don't want, then they announce so big that they will not contest in MacPherson and MP. WP thanked NSP. Then now NSP say want to contest in MacPherson, ask WP to adhere to the "exchange suggestion" they offered the other time.

Seriously...Did they even think properly before making such a move ?

Some people may say WP is not right to "go into other people's area" and contest, but what is wrong with it ? Our little island has so many parties, every election always nego to contest here and there, publish big big in newspapers somemore. Really end up become a joke. Just fight it out and those who lose badly should just admit it and quit politics or merge together to form a stronger party.

Agree with you that national transportation should be nationalised and not be run on profit making basis.

The pap has warped values and wants every service in SG to be profit making. Defence, law, education, health, national transportation and utilities such as electricity, water, etc are key services that must be run by the govt using taxes and must not be profit oriented. The pap has restructured medical services and charge high costs to singaporeans . The pap has used tax payers mony to build MRT lines but allow SMRT to make profits from mass transit services. The pap has charged high fees for education.

The pap uses health, transport services, mass media etc to make money to reward its cronies. It's all part of pap's strategy to use public money for its political gains.

Lim Boon Heng is chairman of TH, Lee Boon Yang is Chairman of SPH and Keppel Corp, etc

MRT and bus services shd be run by the govt at cost recovery and not to make profit. Then the govt can cut cost of living in SG. Singapore Power shd also be run on cost recovery basis. Health care shd also be run on cost recovery. No need for the govt to run key services and make money from them

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed -- Things have become more and more profit driven.

Transport can be for profit, no issues. The railway companies in Japan are listed companies and for-profit. Hong Kong's MTR Corp is also privatized. But the thing is their level of service standards and quality. Just take a look at a breakdown of MRT in SG -- It sends the public into chaos. I am not sure for HK but I don't think it happens in Japan as they have multiple lines traveling on the same routes. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

I thought they changed the wood, upgrade the signals and also bought new trains, the frequency during peak hour will improve. It didn't, but went down instead. Today, morning peak hours before 8am, one can expect 3-4 min interval on NSL and 3-5 min interval on EWL. In my memory, it used to be pretty constant 1-3 min interval. Coupled with the increase of our population and more people taking public transport instead, trains become more cramped.

Currently oil prices are going down, but transport and utilities didn't go down. Did they bought oil months ago ?

Do you imply that it is at best to keep politicians away from major appointments on listed privatized companies, may I ask ?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed -- Things have become more and more profit driven.

Transport can be for profit, no issues. The railway companies in Japan are listed companies and for-profit. Hong Kong's MTR Corp is also privatized. But the thing is their level of service standards and quality. Just take a look at a breakdown of MRT in SG -- It sends the public into chaos. I am not sure for HK but I don't think it happens in Japan as they have multiple lines traveling on the same routes. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

I thought they changed the wood, upgrade the signals and also bought new trains, the frequency during peak hour will improve. It didn't, but went down instead. Today, morning peak hours before 8am, one can expect 3-4 min interval on NSL and 3-5 min interval on EWL. In my memory, it used to be pretty constant 1-3 min interval. Coupled with the increase of our population and more people taking public transport instead, trains become more cramped.

Currently oil prices are going down, but transport and utilities didn't go down. Did they bought oil months ago ?

Do you imply that it is at best to keep politicians away from major appointments on listed privatized companies, may I ask ?

PAP places its politicians in Govt linked companies, and Temasek linked companies to reward them with obscene pays at tax payers' and shareholders' expense.

This is so that pap can get its people hungering for more money and are beholden to the pap. The only people who benefit from this scheme are pap and politicians

So do you think it is morally right to keep politicians in GLCs and TLCs such as SPH, Kep Corp, Singapore Technologies, SIA, DBS, Sembawang Corp, Sembawang Marine, SFI, NTUC Fairprice, etc?

The biggest damage is, it prevents pap politicians from speaking up against bad pap policies as speaking up can cost them the good pay and directorship fees. Hence the pathetic state of pap politicians and Singapore's political landscape

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP places its politicians in Govt linked companies, and Temasek linked companies to reward them with obscene pays at tax payers' and shareholders' expense.

This is so that pap can get its people hungering for more money and are beholden to the pap. The only people who benefit from this scheme are pap and politicians

So do you think it is morally right to keep politicians in GLCs and TLCs such as SPH, Kep Corp, Singapore Technologies, SIA, DBS, Sembawang Corp, Sembawang Marine, SFI, NTUC Fairprice, etc?

The biggest damage is, it prevents pap politicians from speaking up against bad pap policies as speaking up can cost them the good pay and directorship fees. Hence the pathetic state of pap politicians and Singapore's political landscape

I see. Some conflicts here. End of the day, profits and fat wallets over everything

NTUC itself more or less under govt, nothing much to say for this. But for the rest, yes, should just keep them apart and let others to run instead. Yet again, they will say that these organizations are very important and essential. I mean, they can justify themselves. Like SPH, the major (or, only) mainstream media company. Even RT (Russia Today) is controlled by Kremlin -- Same theory. ST Tech, they will say due to their commitments and collaborations with MinDef. etc etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the Opposition doesn't seem to present themselves well enough. Every 5-year-event negotiations always get into the front pages of the papers, and we have parties who think elections is masak-masak, like the recent issue from one of the parties. If they really treasure the voters and treasure the precious votes, they better wake up from their idea. Not that voters don't want to give them chance, but if you look at their conduct, I think voters just do not have the confidence. Any sway in the votes are merely just unhappiness towards the current incumbent rather than really want to see a change, in my opinion.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see. Some conflicts here. End of the day, profits and fat wallets over everything

Unfortunately, the Opposition doesn't seem to present themselves well enough. Every 5-year-event negotiations always get into the front pages of the papers, and we have parties who think elections is masak-masak, like the recent issue from one of the parties. If they really treasure the voters and treasure the precious votes, they better wake up from their idea. Not that voters don't want to give them chance, but if you look at their conduct, I think voters just do not have the confidence. Any sway in the votes are merely just unhappiness towards the current incumbent rather than really want to see a change, in my opinion.

Is LTK credible? Is Chiam See Tong credible? Is Sylvia Lim credible? Is YJJ credible?, Is GG credible? Is Daniel Goh credible? Is He Ting Ru credible? Is Paul Tambyah credible? Is Ang Yong Guan credible?

Don't believe PAP's and MSM's propaganda. Don't think the Opposition is disunited. Don't see Desmond Lim as the Opposition voice. Dont see NSP as the Opposition party and judge SG Opposition looking at Desmond Lim, Sebastian Teo, Tan Lead Shake, Harbans Singh and SDA and NSP as the main Opposition. Could some of them be planted to disrupt Opposition unity and credibility?

Let's ignore the not credible Opposition voices and support the credible voices.

Who do you think are more credible?

If Singaporeans believe what the pap said and don't wake up and use their discretion to sieve out propaganda from facts, then we are doomed

Last edited:

banananaboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
why keep beating up pap? do you hear people say good things about them? why don't people just look at the basics that we have? MRT congestion, at least have MRT. Housing problem, at least a roof over your head.

airelog234

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. MRT Congestion
2. Housing problem
3. Hospital beds shortage
4. Unemployment of locals
5. Increased suicide rate
6. Unhappiness of citizens
7. Road congestion
8. High ERP rates without easing traffic congestion
9. Bus crowdedness
10. National Service for locals, jobs for foreigners
11. PAP running out of idea how to promote economic growth but having to resort to vices such as gambling.
12. Increased social problems and integration due to high influx of cheap, unskilled and unqualified migrant laboour with their 3rd world social behaviour and lawlessness

Are these signs of the crumbling of Singapore? The pap appears to run out of ideas how to bring SG forward but is taking the obvious easy ways out, bringing long term problems to SG.

Are the recent MRT failures precursors to more failures to come? Will there be forthcoming systemic failures of the Transport system, Medical Institutions, Housing issues, social problems?

does any party actually has any workable solution for the problem if PAP is voted out?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
why keep beating up pap? do you hear people say good things about them? why don't people just look at the basics that we have? MRT congestion, at least have MRT. Housing problem, at least a roof over your head.

Why compare SG with 3rd world countries? LHL inherited an efficient and prosperous SG from the 1st generation leaders. We benchmark him and assessed him based on what he received from his predeccessors.

Before LHL came into the scene, SG already had an MRT system that worked beautifully. SG already had a world class airport, SG had good roads, SG had enough hospital beds

Look at what we have not...a messed up MRT system, 10hr wait for a hosp[ital bed, roads that are patched up...

so be cleared minded when you want to compare. Dont compare SG to Uganda or Laos.

We can compare SG now to SG in 2000AD before LHL took over. Is that a more valid comparison?

Saying that we ought to be thankful since we have the basics is missing the point totally and is a hogwash. We already had the basics even before LHL was borned. Now we must stop him from bring us back to the 1960s or falling behind Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.

I totally agree with TracyTan866

Last edited:

BillMurrey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with Singaporeans is they don't appreciate what a wonderful country they live in and how good the govt actually is compared to many govts around the world.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

SG is confirmed crumbling when:

1. Businesses, in order to survive, have to rely on interns and cheap retired workers because of high rentals and high govt levies
2. Productivity and innovation are thrown into the wind because the govt opts for cheap, unskilled, unqualified foreigners
3. Govt competes unfairly with private enterprises for businesses
4. PAP favours foreigners and discriminates against true Singaporeans.
5. PAP lost the trust of Singaporeans and knows that in order to continue its rule, it has to bring in foreigners to vote for the pap.
6. Govt hospital tries to con a 70year old, terminally sick Singaporean to be warded in B2 class when he could barely afford C class
7. A court favours a pap connected newspaper editor by sentencing her to a 1-day jail when she killed a motorcyclist by driving and using her handphone
8. A court judge said "inside a voting centre is not within 200m of the centre"
9. When the PM's sister called him a "dishonourable son" who is out to create dynastic rule and he dared not sue
10. PAP thinks it is ok for foreigners to lie and fake their qualifications when applying for SG jobs

etc

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with Singaporeans is they don't appreciate what a wonderful country they live in and how good the govt actually is compared to many govts around the world.

I disagree with you.

Even the pap knows that it has lost true Singaporeans support

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
does any party actually has any workable solution for the problem if PAP is voted out?

it is better to know and get rid of the devil who is creating havoc now. We are not reckless. But it is better to cut cost now and vote in good singaporeans rather than keep harping that we dont have a full solution now.

the pap wants to play with and breed your kind of fear

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I met some young Singaporean adults during the weekend. One was a Diploma graduate from Temasek Poly and another a degree holder from NUS. Both have been looking for abt a year. Both have served their NS. They have applied to Careers@Gov and have not been called up for interviews. In their desperation, they have approached Recruit Express in at Ngee Ann City for part-time, fulltime or contract jobs.

Despite six months of Recruit Express searching, the only jobs offered to them were part-time Retail Associates paying $6.50 to $7 per hour or 1yr contracts getting abt $1.5k per month.

This is the sad situation most SG graduates are facing despite pap's election slogan "With You, For You and For Singapore"

There are no meaningful or good jobs for Singaporean graduates. The pap insists that Singaporeans are choosy but the jobs availabe are Retail Associates, cleaners, sweepers, etc. SG parents have spent their life savings to send their sons and daugthers to NUS and Polys upon their graduation, Singaporean young adults face with joblessness.

If pap doesnt want to know the true situation on the ground facing Singaporeans, the situation will get worse in the next three years. When Singaporeans dont have meaningful jobs, there will be no purcahsing power and the SG economy will go into a tail spin.

Wake up, PAP