• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

zzx23

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are not going to be voted out or lose power.

its never ever gonna happen. please wake up. if you are the stage setter but unable to "pave" the outcome towards your favour then im speechless. and singaporeans have given them the mandate to the the stage setters for us.

so just forget about the fantasies of lower property prices, exponential increase in salaries, lower minimum sum, lower transport, utilities and food costs. because its never ever gonna happen.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy Ngerng has argued convincingly of a trend that will see the imminent collapse of PAP. What I like to see is a coalition of opposition parties grouping together and form a new cabinet, making a new chapter in our political history. I agree with Joseph Kheng-Liang Tan that opposition parties should and can form the Government. There is enough talent in Singapore to run the country without the PAP. We should be self reliant and not be dependent on foreign investment. Keep foreigners under greater control. Get our people to fill up the high paying jobs instead. Without the foreigners, we will have more space to ourselves and no one competing with our kids for places in schools and poly and uni; free up hospitals and have less crowded MRTs. We can tap on our reserves to subsidise our SMEs and build them into MNCs.

What is important is for the Opposition MPs to form a Shadow Cabinet. Co-opt expertise if need be and if the Opposition is strong enough, try to lobby to be briefed on policy matters by Civil Servants. In a mature country, the Shadow Cabinet has access to Civil Service briefings

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What makes you so certain? On paper, based on the past 50years of manipulation, the pap has infiltrated all aspects of Singapore's life and looks formidable. I would agree with you that it's not easy to defeat the PAP.

But I am encouraged by BE Hougang, Presidential Election and BE PE. If the Alternative Parties use the right tactics and strategy, the pap can be toppled. So far SDP has done much to irritate the PAP and WP has used the right strategy by keeping silent. I like the way LTK snubbed VB and LHL when they tried to heckle him abt cleaning of the ceiling. LTK didnt fall into the pap's trap and remains dignified. The pap is struggling to counter WP. With SDP attacking the pap and WP giving pap the silent treatment until the next GE, the pap looks in disarray.

Never say "Never". I am optimistic

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next elections, we shall see the results. But I don't see the incumbent being voted out, though.

I think the following will see close fights at the next GE and they can go either way:

1. Aljunied
2. East Coast
3. Marine Parade
4. Joo Chiat
5. Bishan/TP
6. Potong Pasir
7. Punggol East
8. Punggol/Pasir Ris
9. Tanjong Pagar

After seeing the swing in PE and BE PE, i feel that nothing is impossible

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its never ever gonna happen. please wake up. if you are the stage setter but unable to "pave" the outcome towards your favour then im speechless. and singaporeans have given them the mandate to the the stage setters for us.

so just forget about the fantasies of lower property prices, exponential increase in salaries, lower minimum sum, lower transport, utilities and food costs. because its never ever gonna happen.

LHL has practically squandered almost three years since GE 2011. The situation in SG remains bad and animosity against the pap remains high and anger continues to brew. He has abt two years before the next GE and time is not on his side. If world economy falters and SG goes into a tailspin, it wont be good for the pap.

Will LHL call an early election? The Alternative Parties must be ready. For that I give credit to SDP, NSP and WP. The pap will be foolish to think that the Opposition has been sleeping.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next elections, we shall see the results. But I don't see the incumbent being voted out, though.

For MP renewal, the pap has to retire at least 23 MPs per GE. Can it find enough credible candidates to replace these 23 over-the-hill MPs? It would be disastrous for the pap if it has to retain obsolete MPs such as LKY, GCT, LSS, RL, WKS, MBT, CC, VB, HK, etc?

We will get an inkling of the PAP when it announces its MP line-up at the next GE. I wont be surprised it will have to recycle some useless candidates

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For MP renewal, the pap has to retire at least 23 MPs per GE. Can it find enough credible candidates to replace these 23 over-the-hill MPs? It would be disastrous for the pap if it has to retain obsolete MPs such as LKY, GCT, LSS, RL, WKS, MBT, CC, VB, HK, etc?

We will get an inkling of the PAP when it announces its MP line-up at the next GE. I wont be surprised it will have to recycle some useless candidates

Sister Tracy,

You sure that old fart will still be around? :eek: :*: :p

He is the most useless MP who don't bother to attend the MPS and shamelessly collect the MP allowance month after month. What kind of MP is he? :mad: :oIo:

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sister Tracy,

You sure that old fart will still be around? :eek: :*: :p

He is the most useless MP who don't bother to attend the MPS and shamelessly collect the MP allowance month after month. What kind of MP is he? :mad: :oIo:

not sure..but it wld be tragic if pap finds it necessary to field him shd he still be around

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is practically a walking corpse. is that karma?

Welcome back Sister Tracy. It's great to be reading your perceptive postings once again. Ever since you started this prophetic thread, the crumbling of Singapore has indeed been gathering pace. The screw-ups and cock-ups had been increasing both in frequency and intensity.

The Little India riots and the undetected breaching of our security at Woodlands and MFA by an insane Malaysian school teacher are just some of more recent ominous signs of Singapore falling apart under this PAP rule. And then we now have the totally unjustified public transport fare hikes accompanied by almost daily train breakdowns.

The trust of people in the PAP is surely being eroded. The standing of the PAP in people's eyes is truly shaky now. The PAP leaders are now being made fun off all the time and each time one of the MIWs speak, it only reinforces people's views that they are all clowns. While these may not be enough to kick the PAP out in 2016, the power of the PAP is very definitely losing grip. So it may not be in 2016, but quite certainly will be in 2021. The only sad thing is that if it is 2021, the Old Fart will now see that day. But still, if he lives till 2016, he will definitely see support of the PAP falling to a mere 50 odd percent. That may well kill him if he's still lucid by then.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The trust of people in the PAP is surely being eroded. The standing of the PAP in people's eyes is truly shaky now. The PAP leaders are now being made fun off all the time and each time one of the MIWs speak,

That's confined to a handful of clowns with nothing better to do with their lives. The rest of Singapore fully supports the PAP. I expect the percentage of votes for the PAP to go up significantly in 2016.

Just look at the transport fare hike protest. Only 300 showed up. 99.99% of Singaporeans have no problems with the fare increase as they know that it is for the good of society.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome back Sister Tracy. It's great to be reading your perceptive postings once again. Ever since you started this prophetic thread, the crumbling of Singapore has indeed been gathering pace. The screw-ups and cock-ups had been increasing both in frequency and intensity.

Thank you for your welcome.

I started this thread more than two years ago when I was saddened by the many things going wrong in SG and I felt that the pap was not able to recognise the obvious signs point to the crumbling of Singapore.

At that time, I saw that the pap was blinded by their obsession to line their own pay at the expense and misery of Singaporeans and also at the expense of the future of Singapore. That PAP obsession continues today and I am surprised at the muted way the pap MPs have allowed the Cabinet Ministers to run amok with their pursuit of wealth.

I am saddened at the silence of moderate PAP MPs like Lily Neo, Denise Phua. I expected courage from these two ladies as I see them as moral lights in the overwhelming PAP darkness. Alas, the little moral I see in the PAP camp is consumed by the greed of pap darkness.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Little India riots and the undetected breaching of our security at Woodlands and MFA by an insane Malaysian school teacher are just some of more recent ominous signs of Singapore falling apart under this PAP rule. And then we now have the totally unjustified public transport fare hikes accompanied by almost daily train breakdowns.

Good people cant be bought by pap's greed. Just as oil cant mix with water, morally upright people cant be with PAP camp. So those seen as good by the pap are equally tainted by pap's greed. So I am not surprised that many things will continue to go wrong as long as the people endorsed and approved by the pap are running the show. The people favoured by the pap are likewise morally corrupt. They include Saw Phaik Hwa, Peter Lim, Ng Boon Gay, etc. Many more morally corrupt pap endorsed people are still running the show . Things in SG will get worse before they get better.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The trust of people in the PAP is surely being eroded. The standing of the PAP in people's eyes is truly shaky now. The PAP leaders are now being made fun off all the time and each time one of the MIWs speak, it only reinforces people's views that they are all clowns. While these may not be enough to kick the PAP out in 2016, the power of the PAP is very definitely losing grip. So it may not be in 2016, but quite certainly will be in 2021. The only sad thing is that if it is 2021, the Old Fart will now see that day. But still, if he lives till 2016, he will definitely see support of the PAP falling to a mere 50 odd percent. That may well kill him if he's still lucid by then.

Many things have gone wrong since GE 2011:

1. continued breakdowns of MRT
2. continued shortage of hospital beds.
3. corruption of key appointment holders
4. increased crimes
5. increased social tensions
6. increased rich-poor divide
7. increased cost of living
8. deterioration of living standards in SG
9. increased Singaporeans-foreigners distrust and disharmony
10. poor business sentiments
11. increased health care costs
12. pap leaders showing poor leadership
13. pap leaders have no clue how to solve SG problems
14. 1st strike in 26 years
15. 1st riot in donkey years
16. more vocal singaporeans who are challenging authority and taking the pap govt to court
17. emergence of social media which exposes the lies of MSM
etc

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's confined to a handful of clowns with nothing better to do with their lives. The rest of Singapore fully supports the PAP. I expect the percentage of votes for the PAP to go up significantly in 2016.

Just look at the transport fare hike protest. Only 300 showed up. 99.99% of Singaporeans have no problems with the fare increase as they know that it is for the good of society.

i am not surprised by your misreading of current SG situations as you form your opinions from what you read online. if the pap leaders rely on what they
read and from their grassroot's feedback, then the Alternative Parties will capture many seats in the next GE