• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dead bodies - minister and MP need to reassure public

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One would therefore think and indeed rightly expect that the Minister in charge of Home Affairs and the Member of Parliament (MP) of the area would be more forthcoming with how investigations are proceeding, what are being done to improve safety and security (if these indeed have been compromised in any way), and most of all, that the minister and the MP of the area would reassure the public.

However, the Minister for Home Affairs, DPM Teo Chee Hean has remained silent all these six months when the bodies were discovered. The MP for the area, the Workers’ Party’s Low Thia Khiang, who is in charge of the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol parts of Aljunied GRC, too has been tight-lipped.

- http://publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/212-dead-bodies-wherere-the-minister-and-the-mp?

M

Mdm Tang

Barred the all the Press from reporting and

making headlines / money out of all these ...

Copy cats will stop !!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... However, the Minister for Home Affairs, DPM Teo Chee Hean has remained silent all these six months when the bodies were discovered. The MP for the area, the Workers’ Party’s Low Thia Khiang, who is in charge of the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol parts of Aljunied GRC, too has been tight-lipped ...
ah hean says iz in ah khiang's territory, so not his prob ... ah khiang says iz ah hean's job, not my pasah ...

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barred the all the Press from reporting and

making headlines / money out of all these ...

Copy cats will stop !!!

i'm surprised the media has not being reined in yet.. So many cases in less then a month.. its alarming.. Alot will attribute it to gambling.. but somehow I think the underlying reason is more cynical and yet to be deduced.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP dont care much. They sent a losing non-MP non-Minister to entertain the monks, priests and ghosts LOL

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
errr... whoever that assign Bedok Reservoir under the responsibility of LTK - i doubt this is correct. The reservoir probably stretches across more than one constituency including Tampines. In any case, it is the police's job to make statements on this.

I couldn't care less if people want to kill themselves and it is not gahmen's job to prevent suicides. But it is certainly the gahmen's job to secure the reservoir from contamination.

Every time i visit showflats in this area, the sales persons will talk about how this place will turn into "watersports hub"... i din't know jumping into the reservoir falls under "watersports". Hate this stupid congested area.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are committing suicide in Singapore out of despair (severe lack welfare and help agencies from the govt).

Suicides used to take place on MRT tracks commonly until they put up screening doors on above ground stations to foil their suicide attempts.

Now they use high rise flats, open reservoirs (wonder why not the sea? perhaps they are afraid their dead body cannot be found or eaten by sea creatures for proper funeral rites to take place??) and even burn charcoals in closed rooms.

These suicides could have at least donated one of their kidneys or one of their corneas to save lives or give sight to the blind before they kill themselves,

Dead bodies in public places will only increase because Singapore is a COLD, UNFEELING and SOUL-LESS place where the maxim is 'You die, your business'

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
People are committing suicide in Singapore out of despair (severe lack welfare and help agencies from the govt).

NZ has a good welfare net but its suicide rate is higher.

Sweden and Finland, 1st world countries with cradle to grave support have even higher rates.

Too much govt support increases the suicide rate because people have more time to mope around feeling sorry for themselves.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the sf bay area, popular suicide spots are the golden gate bridge and cal train tracks along palo alto. very few high rise leapoffs as it's tough to get to an open balcony, ledge or rooftop. high rises have mostly sealed up glass windows. hdb blocks are optimally designed for jump offs.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The statistics behind the rate of suicides are less important than the background and reasons for suicides.

In Singapore and NZ and other welfare countries, the rationale behind suicides are slightly different. Suicides in NZ arise out of restless/bored youth spoilt by TOO MUCH welfare that they turn to drugs/alcohol for kicks which then lead to depression and suicide.

Singapore suicides are due more to severe lack of welfare, and UNFEELING govt for those unable to cope with the costs of living that leads to despair.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The Sinkie govt should provide a dedicated suicide block, a suicide track and a suicide pool so that sinkie losers can kill themselves without disrupting the routines of those of us who enjoy life with a passion.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
T
Singapore suicides are due more to severe lack of welfare, and UNFEELING govt for those unable to cope with the costs of living that leads to despair.

Take a look at stats for Brazil. The suicide rate is half that of Singapore's yet the poverty, lawlessness and lack of welfare is staring you in the face.

Happiness is an attitude. I've met many Brazilians in Auckland. They're poorer than most of my Kiwi friends but they always seem to be twice as happy.

The Philippines is another good example. Desperately poor but happy to be alive and making the best of it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?................

no proof that these are primary contributions. there are other reasons such as breakdown of personal relationships, self destructive behavior connected to all kinds of addiction, stress, mental disorders (which are very common in sg), stupidity, etc. suicide begins with the self, not the society. society only exacerbates it, but is not the root cause.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Sinkie govt should provide a dedicated suicide block, a suicide track and a suicide pool so that sinkie losers can kill themselves without disrupting the routines of those of us who enjoy life with a passion.

and facilitate these designated spots with special services such as last postings on sbf, final words, wishes, spirit services, wardrobes, application forms, tea or coffee rooms and viewing decks for those who are interested in pay-per-view memberships. good revenue source too if application requires a fee.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
Take a look at stats for Brazil. The suicide rate is half that of Singapore's yet the poverty, lawlessness and lack of welfare is staring you in the face.

Happiness is an attitude. I've met many Brazilians in Auckland. They're poorer than most of my Kiwi friends but they always seem to be twice as happy.

The Philippines is another good example. Desperately poor but happy to be alive and making the best of it.

I seem to remember that Greece is a country with a very high happiness index. But it is also a country in the worst economical dumps. Maybe happy people don't care too much about their actual situation.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:
no proof that these are primary contributions. there are other reasons such as breakdown of personal relationships, self destructive behavior connected to all kinds of addiction, stress, mental disorders (which are very common in sg), stupidity, etc. suicide begins with the self, not the society. society only exacerbates it, but is not the root cause.

Whatever it is, it is the end result of an extremely stressful situation that the sufferer could not find someone with a solution to help him. Suicide is a solution of last resort. I don't think RAM fit this description.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

Maybe something like Soylent Green.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we're a rojak! no kampung spirit.no nothing.it's just a money hub. a gambling hub.it's all about$$$$...no $ no talk.no $ no happiness.lamparment this is really sickening.so many suicides!!! we're the world's most unhappy and most suicidal sinkies!!!everything kpkb except those $$$$$ leaders!!! so happy every month and so lich and lich when they see their cpf statements evry month.so happy and so lich!!!...i old uncle just waiting to die penniless but die happily lor..