• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asians have no GREED, only "ang moh lang" says Dr.M

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr. M, is wrong , all human beings are greedy!
====================================

AFP
Sunday, Oct 30, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's ex-premier Mahathir Mohamad said Sunday that Muslim-majority countries should look east for development models and not at Western nations, which he described as "failures".

The outspoken former long-time leader, who is known as a fierce critic of the West, said countries like South Korea, Japan and China were "swimming in money", while Europe and the United States are mired in debt.

"Right now, there are so many problems with Western countries. The problem in the West is that they have borrowed too much and cannot repay. You cannot have that kind of a country as a model," Mahathir, 86, was quoted by the national news agency Bernama as saying.

"If you want to copy or learn something, learn from the successful people, not from the failures," he told an international conference on Islamic finance in northern Malaysia.

"So, we should continue to look to the East and not to the West. The West is going bankrupt," he said.

He attributed the debt crisis to greed.

"Greed will cause this. Today, we are seeing failed countries in the developed world," he added.

Mahathir ruled Malaysia for 22 years until 2003. During his tenure he introduced the "look east" policy to emulate work ethics and business techniques from Japan and South Korea.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah as if he and his cronies are not greedy like that,,,Greed unfortunately have taken over both East and West,,,he should look at his own back yard

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah as if he and his cronies are not greedy like that,,,Greed unfortunately have taken over both East and West,,,he should look at his own back yard

It's akin to a pot calling a kettle black, his backyard is fenced up, he can't see.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong in what he said. All he said is the western model of borrowing heavily to finance a high standard of living is not something to emulate, as compared to East Asians who are more hardworking, frugal and living within means.

TS you distort his words. He is a much more respectable leader compared to Lee Kuan Yew.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing wrong in what he said. All he said is the western model of borrowing heavily to finance a high standard of living is not something to emulate, as compared to East Asians who are more hardworking, frugal and living within means.

TS you distort his words. He is a much more respectable leader compared to Lee Kuan Yew.

He is much respected than LKY I agree, I bought his first Red Cover Book, " The Malay Dilema" when it was first print at MPH, and said "wow"! and that was years ago. My point is GREED in which he is pointing at, this is not only the ang mohs, didn't he forget so quickly, the Asian Financial Crisis?, Malaysia nearly sank into the abyss. What caused the Asian Financial Crisis? GREED!. Sometimes he goes off tangent, but most of the time, he has to guts to say it like it is, that I admire him. But calling a kettle black, is what he is saying now.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
During his tenure he introduced the "look east" policy to emulate work ethics and business techniques from Japan and South Korea.

MY's senile LKY. japan is still stagnant, and seoul has lots of problems that the government censors.

doc mat will never see ang mohs as a fellow human beings until they become his slaves and have to go backdoor when visiting him.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY's senile LKY. japan is still stagnant, and seoul has lots of problems that the government censors.

doc mat will never see ang mohs as a fellow human beings until they become his slaves and have to go backdoor when visiting him.

Japan and Korea is far from perfect. Still... they are light years ahead of South East Asian nations... hence they are still appropriate role models

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is much respected than LKY I agree, I bought his first Red Cover Book, " The Malay Dilema" when it was first print at MPH, and said "wow"! and that was years ago. My point is GREED in which he is pointing at, this is not only the ang mohs, didn't he forget so quickly, the Asian Financial Crisis?, Malaysia nearly sank into the abyss. What caused the Asian Financial Crisis? GREED!. Sometimes he goes off tangent, but most of the time, he has to guts to say it like it is, that I admire him. But calling a kettle black, is what he is saying now.

In terms of usurping national resource and nepotism, Mahatir can't compare to LKY. He did not even plan for a safe "exit" after relinquishing power, hence there were quite a lot of attacks on him from the "rodents" who once fed on his crumbs. He did not install his cronies in key media positions, hence there were no one to constantly make positive publicity for him and he has to rant in Malaysiakini.

His sons are in businesses. I'm not sure how much success Marina Mahatir has in politics? You see this guy did actually relinquish his powers unlike someone else. Make no mistake, he has never hesitated to slam his own Malayu people for being lazy asses.

His degree of corruption is about the same as the typical politician in any country. He did not suck the country dry in the manner of Suharto, Marcos, LKY, etc. Hence it is perfectly legitimate for him to make a statement to justify his long held belief in "look east". None of the Malaysian PM came close to him in comparison. If not for him, Malaysia is probably like Thailand today.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In terms of usurping national resource and nepotism, Mahatir can't compare to LKY. He did not even plan for a safe "exit" after relinquishing power, hence there were quite a lot of attacks on him from the "rodents" who once fed on his crumbs. He did not install his cronies in key media positions, hence there were no one to constantly make positive publicity for him and he has to rant in Malaysiakini.

His sons are in businesses. I'm not sure how much success Marina Mahatir has in politics? You see this guy did actually relinquish his powers unlike someone else. Make no mistake, he has never hesitated to slam his own Malayu people for being lazy asses.

His degree of corruption is about the same as the typical politician in any country. He did not suck the country dry in the manner of Suharto, Marcos, LKY, etc. Hence it is perfectly legitimate for him to make a statement to justify his long held belief in "look east". None of the Malaysian PM came close to him in comparison. If not for him, Malaysia is probably like Thailand today.

Btw on the comparison of malaysia with thailand what differences are there? I suppose mudland is better off economically than sinkland but it has tons of problems like corrupt cops and the like.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng adds 2 cents, "signs of dementia: talking nonsense, keep repeating past events, irrelevant issues, hearing sounds, seeing things, inconsistent and incoherent in speech, etc...":biggrin:

ignatio103

Malaysia was moving albeit slow progress until Dr.m starts NEP all hell broke loose..Ho kua bo ho chiak..
non-M has to jv or else no deal, so has to provide shares n $ in co u. wanna biz like that...beh sai eh.\
its like ai chee ai pee ko ai tua liap nee...Can ur accept such business model? Buy car must thru AP cos 300% tax on cbu car
else bo lui get proton very good car one. The country hutang jialat..AG just mention after audit a jack worth $500rgt quoted to
<5000rgt..go figure la.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr M have always said what he meant and meant what he said, living his political life only some can dream of. His vision of Malaysia have never been one of Prosperity but PEACE. If he had try to give in more to the West, Malaysia wouldn't be what it is now but a waste land. Alot might disagree his choice to feed his own kind fat and lazy... but if he had not done so.. the Chinese, Indians and Westerns would have absolutely filled their Greed to the fullest off the malays. Lets not forget how that turn out for Indonesia in 99.
Which anti-western politician have not publicly come out and contribute their 14 trillion worth yet?

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

Ya lor..

It's akin to a pot calling a kettle black, his backyard is fenced up, he can't see.

Ya lor...

lianbeng adds 2 cents, "signs of dementia: talking nonsense, keep repeating past events, irrelevant issues, hearing sounds, seeing things, inconsistent and incoherent in speech, etc...":biggrin:

Ya lor..confirm it dementia...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Dr M, before you look East, you should have looked after your backside first! [/h] LETTERS/SURAT

Wednesday, 02 November 2011 Super Admin

To begin with, Mahathir did not make a voluntary decision in introducing his Look East policy; it was a vindictive decision specifically directed against England that denied him a university education due to his own lacking in the required qualifications. So he adopted his “Buy British Last” policy when he became PM of Malaysia to teach the Brits a lesson.
An old friend of mine told me that when Mahathir looked east, he was looking at the Land of the Rising Sun, so much so his eyes were blinded by the sun rays that he could not see the huge land mass lying there as the sleeping Chinese Dragon. He had one eye on Japan and the other on Korea.
Not only was Mahathir a bad doctor (his private clinic in Alor Setar failed, so he turned to easy hoodwinking politics with his Malay Dilemma), he was also a bad historian. The origin of most Japanese (except some in the Southern part) and Koreans were Chinese. Both these countries used the Chinese written language in the beginning. The Japanese then “invented” the present Hiragana and Katakana writings first, to have their own identity and second, to deprive the Chinese of this coded knowledge, while the Korean King Sejong Daewang, King of Joseon invented the present Korean written language in the 15[SUP]th[/SUP] century, also for the same reasons as the Japanese. I would advise Mahathir to go to TV channels KBS and NHK and he will no doubt see that the Koreans and the Japanese still cannot totally get rid off the Chinese script (Kanji in Japanese), used in between.

But we must admit that your entry in Malayan University did land you in good company of one Singaporean Rin Kin Mei whose residence then was in Watten Estate close by to Dunearn Road, Bukit Timah. This was the Chinaman together with a Japanese Kumei who spearheaded at least 7 major “Heavy Industry” projects the moment you became PM.
Now, please do not say the West has failed. In the Hicom Perwaja project, the Japanese giant Nippon Steel Corporation failed miserably in their Direct Reduction plant, and had to be rescued by German Ferrostaal using Mexican HYL technology, for which Malaysia had to pay some RM800 million while receiving RM400 million as compensation from NSC whose President resigned as the result of this failure.
As for your national car project, you picked the wrong partner Mitsubishi when you should have chosen Toyota or Honda, both of which are flourishing in Thailand. Because of Proton, all Malaysians are forced to buy this make, otherwise pay the super high duties they cannot afford. To get into overseas markets, Proton is selling cars at prices lower than locally, again forcing Malaysians to subsidize exports and pay for the survival of Proton. For years now, Proton has been looking for a foreign partner such as Volkswagen, but when the foreign party had studied the complete profile of Proton, they politely declined. If we go by the AFTA ruling, Proton will have to close shop as the whole country will be flooded with Toyotas from Thailand.
You are saying China has USD3.2 trillion in reserves and the Chinese are swimming in money. Please bear in mind that before you can swim in money, you have to learn to survive swimming in the bitterest seas. The Chinese did, and now even the 2 countries you admired and told us to emulate, are looking to China for their future growth.
You have the most Chinese population in Malaysia outside China and Taiwan, more than in Singapore. Your very own Chinese citizens have said you did not treat them well with your racist policies and many have migrated. I cannot tell you what you should do now, as it might be too late and you are old and the young Malays will not listen to you even though I know you are daily shouting aloud your outdated advices to all and sundry.
When you looked East, your one eye was on Japan and the other Korea. Therefore it was not surprising that the Petronas Twin Towers were contracted to one each Japanese and Korean company. Now, you are sitting pretty in one of these ivory towers as Petronas Advisor.
A few days ago, there was short-lived joy among foreign companies in upstream Oil and Gas activities when it was announced that Petronas license was not mandatory to register as a bidder. Two days later, Petronas came up with a statement that it was still the policy of the national oil company to invite only Petronas licensed companies, overseas or local.
The Petronas license is nothing but a license for Bumiputras to be the middlemen in all Petronas projects. It is about time the Petronas Advisor wakes up and acts to change this policy before other countries start making retaliatory rulings against Malaysian companies operating in foreign lands. What are you going to say if for example, China says to do any business with them, Malaysian companies must be registered with their Central Bureau, and your Malaysian companies must have local Chinese Malaysian majority shareholding? Come on, Mahathir you often talk about fair playing field; now show us your sincerity and stop bull shitting.

Link: http://www.malaysia-today.net/mtcol...should-have-looked-after-your-backside-first-

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter Mahathir"s fault, he is right. Ang Mo so greedy and lazy, if you look at the Debt to GDP ratios in EU and USA.