• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best airports to sleep in | Changi

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only problem i have when stuck in Changi airport transit area is the cost of items..Can only enjoy Burger King.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah...remember those good old days when students used Changi Airport as study and chit chat centre. Bus ride was "free" under the old student bus pass with monthly stamp. My favourite bus was 390 from Beach Road. Straight up Benjamin Sheares Bridge all the way through ECP to Changi Airport in less than half an hour. Then, there was only one terminal. It's amazing that today with three terminals and a budget terminal, the old Terminal 1 still looks as sparkling new as the others.

study in ariport ah? EEEEEEEE

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only problem i have when stuck in Changi airport transit area is the cost of items..Can only enjoy Burger King.

You're a poor and cheap skate keling what of course cannot afford anything. You can always ask your frens for a treat though. Hint: Make sure it's not a malay fren if not he'll be the one asking cheap skate you for a treat. No wait i think kelings are poorer than m&ds.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
study in ariport ah? EEEEEEEE

I was from VS (boys' school). We know some girls from TKGS (girls' school) through boy scouts and girl guides joint activities. To date them out to study together was a good pretext. That time Changi Airport was new and the in thing.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. aiyo
2. why psy83 and jah_rastafar_I quarrel everyday?
3. it's just internet
4. relax
5. world peace

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was from VS (boys' school). We know some girls from TKGS (girls' school) through boy scouts and girl guides joint activities. To date them out to study together was a good pretext. That time Changi Airport was new and the in thing.

victoria sec?

I tot u were from some ah beng school in jalan besar area like you mentioned before?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi is best because there is not much to see beyond it. Other countries people cant wait to get out of the airport. Sinkeeland people go to airport for family outings and meals. WTF..

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to see these ah peks going there to enjoy the free train rides. But you should see from a foreign travellers perspective. If got caught in long transit delays Changi Airport is probably best with lots of cozy corners to sleep in. Not so at our neighboring airports or even airport like Dubai.

Changi is best because there is not much to see beyond it. Other countries people cant wait to get out of the airport. Sinkeeland people go to airport for family outings and meals. WTF..

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng ever slept at the viewing gallery overnight also mah - also saw many people sleeping there - got office ladies, ahpek, ahmm n students also.:biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not with an SIA ticket. You get discount.
Forgot whether transit got GST charges or not?

Ah...remember those good old days when students used Changi Airport as study and chit chat centre. Bus ride was "free" under the old student bus pass with monthly stamp. My favourite bus was 390 from Beach Road. Straight up Benjamin Sheares Bridge all the way through ECP to Changi Airport in less than half an hour. Then, there was only one terminal. It's amazing that today with three terminals and a budget terminal, the old Terminal 1 still looks as sparkling new as the others.

I remember seeing those business travellers flying in and out of Singapore and I wonder if I will be one of them when I start working.

Now, I am really one of those travellers who use Changi as a transit point more than the final destination. Life has a funny way of fulfilling your wish.

The only thing I feel homely about Changi is that I still remember how to use the "staff" shortcut to get to the Staff Club at the top floor of T2.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember seeing those business travellers flying in and out of Singapore and I wonder if I will be one of them when I start working.

Now, I am really one of those travellers who use Changi as a transit point more than the final destination. Life has a funny way of fulfilling your wish.

Yes, life has a funny way of fulfilling your wish. Me too, in those student days loitering around Changi Airport watching planes take-off, always fantasizing about a James Bond adventurous lifestyle. Well I'm certainly no James Bond, but I got my fair share of that lifestyle. :wink: :smile:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the best place in Sg, coz that place is the place with highest number of foreigners. Thanks to the foreigners... Hail the FTs..

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey that means you not that old man right only @40+? How cum you so early not working? Changi Airport only begin operations in 1982 [?]. Alamak thought you ah pek retiree or something. VS should smell Cedar. You also curi ayam? Me Wingate... You leh? senior citizen now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I travel quite a bit each month and I noticed, if not global at least its a regional phenomenon, many airports has massage machines and lazyboy type of chairs for passengers to relax, I have to say and this is strangely so that at least 75% are occupied by Indians and they just sit there like till kingdom comes. Please la this is not racist ok its just a strange phenomena and I believe anyone traveling the next time could have similar observation and agree with me.

One thing for sure, I will not put my legs into one of these in the airport because so many people uses it and I am not sure about hygiene

foot-massage.jpg
(picture showing indian people is highly coincidental and unfortunate this is not meant to be racist)

Last edited: