• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My journey ............

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you know me well but partially correct ! My operation is legal, but chicken transaction is discreet :-) no marketing strategy thou, hehe. You cannot ask me silly questions ie how much I lost.. I dunno the answer as I have yet to sell my chicken asset. However, you cld structure it ie forecast for profit/loss.

Despite the above, I believe you have changed... I wonder why... Perhaps you negative view turns out to be extremely positive for OZ and NZ?! You have begun to talk some senses, unlike your poor uneducated cousin - Eric Lum.

I always enjoy fruitful discussion and construction views. Feel free to disagree. But try omitting barbaric greetings..

You need to ignore this poor Axe168 character. For years he has come onto this forum.

First he complained he did not know what to do there - he stared at a ceiling fan for six months. Then about the cost of living in Australia. I remember on the old forum there was a post about how his dentist charged him a large sum and drives a big car and he is very angry there is no coverage despite his high taxes. Of course when I questioned him I am a "troll"

Then he tries to become a pimp there - by opening a brothel and selling women for sex. I am not kidding just check the forum.

He is particularly upset with me because I have never let him forget his braggart statements in 2008 when he claimed he made alot of money buying a brisbane property. The market soon crashed and every time I ask him how much money he lost he reluctantly admitted there was a loss and keeps quiet. I guess the poor fellow is still disturbed by his past actions.

Really, when it comes to axe168 we all know what a braggart in Singapore really is, so I dont mind being called a "troll" - and its plain for all to see.

Others know who I really am.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your post, along with the one previous to this, strikes me that you are a very down-to-earth person who is willing to share not only your successes humbly but the hard lessons you learned.

A breath of fresh air, I would say, compared to the like of some other posters here who seem to "agree" or provide "friendly" advice, but more often than not, would use it as an avenue to dump a truckload of self-praise, as if the point of their reply was to fish for compliments.

Hope you will stay, there a need for more people like you here.

Thanks for posting.

Dear friends,

as an immigrant, i encountered few bad experiences

1) cheated by my own kind ( chinese) in house repairing just because it was cheap. As i had no experience, it turned out to be poor job and the person disappeared. As workmanship in nz ( aust for that matter) is expensive, it is very easy for immigrants to fall into this trap.

Use qualified / certified tradepeople, get 3-4 quotes. Quotes are free.

2) sweet talkers to lure you into buying. When people tried to sell you real estate, they try to sell you your ego as well.
beware of this kind of statement " this kind of house would suit a professional like you and this kind of price range reflects your worth" . Do not let your ego takes over you by this kind of sweet talkers.

3) Sometimes, people prefer to mix with people that they see as less fortunate than them. Ie to say, they don't like to see tall poppy.
If they see the poppy is tall, they want to cut it down. You will have to adjust to this kind mentality in the midst of your friends, colleages.

4) Crab mentality. - crabs will try to prevent their fellow crabs from moving forward and pull the crabs back to the bucket.

No, i do not hate /hold grudges on the wrongs and bad experiences. Let bygone be bygone and move on... i have my past, mistakes, wrongs, bad decisions..... those made me who i am today and i am humbled by life and that doesn't mean i don't want to give it another go.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need to ignore this poor Axe168 character. For years he has come onto this forum.

First he complained he did not know what to do there - he stared at a ceiling fan for six months. Then about the cost of living in Australia. I remember on the old forum there was a post about how his dentist charged him a large sum and drives a big car and he is very angry there is no coverage despite his high taxes. Of course when I questioned him I am a "troll"

Dear friends,

as an immigrant, i encountered few bad experiences

1) cheated by my own kind ( chinese) in house repairing just because it was cheap. As i had no experience, it turned out to be poor job and the person disappeared. As workmanship in nz ( aust for that matter) is expensive, it is very easy for immigrants to fall into this trap.

Use qualified / certified tradepeople, get 3-4 quotes. Quotes are free.

2) sweet talkers to lure you into buying. When people tried to sell you real estate, they try to sell you your ego as well.
beware of this kind of statement " this kind of house would suit a professional like you and this kind of price range reflects your worth" . Do not let your ego takes over you by this kind of sweet talkers.

3) Sometimes, people prefer to mix with people that they see as less fortunate than them. Ie to say, they don't like to see tall poppy.
If they see the poppy is tall, they want to cut it down. You will have to adjust to this kind mentality in the midst of your friends, colleages.

4) Crab mentality. - crabs will try to prevent their fellow crabs from moving forward and pull the crabs back to the bucket.

No, i do not hate /hold grudges on the wrongs and bad experiences. Let bygone be bygone and move on... i have my past, mistakes, wrongs, bad decisions..... those made me who i am today and i am humbled by life and that doesn't mean i don't want to give it another go.

It is part of life, somehow, I think you become a better person because of that. Having overcome life's obstacles, you are better equiped to overcome new challenges that life throw at us. It is not a bad thing. Makes life more colorful.

1. You are not alone in this. It is not just the Chinese. Even the locals who advertise in the community service. Cannot trust. I once has a trademan turned up drunk. Had to send him off.

Another incident is this guy charging for quotations. No way! The only quotes that I pay will be from a reputable company like Ikea Kitchen design. They charge $90? But if you accept their quote, they will minus the $90 from your final bill.

2. Buying property. The R/E agent can smell the droplets of your little interest and will zooming in for the kill, eg using tactics such as calling you after you leave the place and tell you that someone has put in an offer, do you want to counteroffer.

3. At managerial level, the only people the Aussies respect are the Americans. So Tall Poppy Americans are fine. As for the rest, they cannot understand that other people will be smarter & better than them. They like to test them. Don't fall for it. They will resent these other people more. Who are the "other people" - white/black South Africans, Zimbabweans, Asians, Eastern Europeans, Southern Europeans and the Kiwis.

Sometimes, it is quite fun to see Aussie senior managers going gaga over the dumber Americans counterparts. The topics get very comical so I just excuse them and mind my own business. Eg The people who appreciate my abilities are Aussies who worked in HK, Sin, M'sia before, the Poms, Americans, Kiwis, Europeans.

Once, i was just cracking a joke about footy with this angmo senior manager and his face expression change. My Kiwi friend noticed the difference in treatment he get and what I got. I remember getting that expression from an Indian bigshot. Too much ego and unhappiness in their lives?

I am not bothered by these people.

4. The primadonnas in the office are like that. I do not mix with them. Witches. These are the ones who will backstab you and then in front of the colleges, pretend to be nice. The angmo cunts do it better than the asians.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A breath of fresh air, I would say, compared to the like of some other posters here who seem to "agree" or provide "friendly" advice, but more often than not, would use it as an avenue to dump a truckload of self-praise, as if the point of their reply was to fish for compliments.

Perhaps you should know that not everyone is lucky enough to migrate to Australia with a pot of gold. I thank my lucky star for my second chance in life. Fuck the naysayers.

Perth is due for another record pollen count, take care.

A least I support Singaporeans here by drinking "Refresh Water".

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is part of life, somehow, I think you become a better person because of that. Having overcome life's obstacles, you are better equiped to overcome new challenges that life throw at us. It is not a bad thing. Makes life more colorful.

1. You are not alone in this. It is not just the Chinese. Even the locals who advertise in the community service. Cannot trust. I once has a trademan turned up drunk. Had to send him off.

Another incident is this guy charging for quotations. No way! The only quotes that I pay will be from a reputable company like Ikea Kitchen design. They charge $90? But if you accept their quote, they will minus the $90 from your final bill.

2. Buying property. The R/E agent can smell the droplets of your little interest and will zooming in for the kill, eg using tactics such as calling you after you leave the place and tell you that someone has put in an offer, do you want to counteroffer.

3. At managerial level, the only people the Aussies respect are the Americans. So Tall Poppy Americans are fine. As for the rest, they cannot understand that other people will be smarter & better than them. They like to test them. Don't fall for it. They will resent these other people more. Who are the "other people" - white/black South Africans, Zimbabweans, Asians, Eastern Europeans, Southern Europeans and the Kiwis.

Sometimes, it is quite fun to see Aussie senior managers going gaga over the dumber Americans counterparts. The topics get very comical so I just excuse them and mind my own business. Eg The people who appreciate my abilities are Aussies who worked in HK, Sin, M'sia before, the Poms, Americans, Kiwis, Europeans.

Once, i was just cracking a joke about footy with this angmo senior manager and his face expression change. My Kiwi friend noticed the difference in treatment he get and what I got. I remember getting that expression from an Indian bigshot. Too much ego and unhappiness in their lives?

I am not bothered by these people.

4. The primadonnas in the office are like that. I do not mix with them. Witches. These are the ones who will backstab you and then in front of the colleges, pretend to be nice. The angmo cunts do it better than the asians.

Its alot of things, the world has changed and me along with it. Life is precious, what's the point spending any time being negative, the way we are brainwashed to be here? All the kings horses and all the kings men cant change what has been and is to come. Nothing can fix the situation today, so its best just to value the things that truly matter. Happiness seems to be at an all time low wherever I travel to.........

That said, its sad that you and others here have had a negative experience with tenants. I know that somehow, its not the norm - and that you will eventually get the tenant that you deserve, despite laws that seem to protect them.

Is it the western culture? What's interesting is you and the OP seem to learn a few practical lessons in all this, to your benefit.

Was just looking at the coffee shop and that thread about the bodies found in Bedok - the residents there are only concerned this might affect their property values!!! Are Australians like that?

Count your blessings

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Gay couples makes good tenants. Provided no 3rd party or they may kill each others in your house.
2a. Chinese people - Have to replace doors and renovate kitchen. Esp the exhaust and rangehood.
2b. Chinese students with mama - Mama is the one who mess up the place. Daughter has to apologise.
3. Japanese ladies - Good tenants. They will not take care of the garden, unless their angmo boyfriends willing to help.
Too many of them "birds" around and you need to supply your neighbours with earplugs.
4. Koreans - restrict the number of kimchee pots outside.
5. Kiwi with Singapore girlfriend - good tenants. Don't raise rentals so that they will stay on. Too bad, they bought a house.
6. French female student - Bedbugs. Smelly clothes. cigarette butts and used condomd jammed the toilet.
7. Irish youth - bottles, more bottles nothing but bottles. Not sure when they are sober? Car oil stains in garage floor. Bloody hard to remove.
8. Malaysians - Good tenants

Excusez-moi .. femme ..
IMG_4416.jpg

Please do your laundry. (Mill St, South Perth)

Last edited:

manuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Gay couples makes good tenants. Provided no 3rd party or they may kill each others in your house.
2a. Chinese people - Have to replace doors and renovate kitchen. Esp the exhaust and rangehood.
2b. Chinese students with mama - Mama is the one who mess up the place. Daughter has to apologise.
3. Japanese ladies - Good tenants. They will not take care of the garden, unless their angmo boyfriends willing to help.
Too many of them "birds" around and you need to supply your neighbours with earplugs.
4. Koreans - restrict the number of kimchee pots outside.
5. Kiwi with Singapore girlfriend - good tenants. Don't raise rentals so that they will stay on. Too bad, they bought a house.
6. French female student - Bedbugs. Smelly clothes. cigarette butts and used condomd jammed the toilet.
7. Irish youth - bottles, more bottles nothing but bottles. Not sure when they are sober? Car oil stains in garage floor. Bloody hard to remove.
8. Malaysians - Good tenants

Excusez-moi .. femme ..
IMG_4416.jpg

Please do your laundry. (Mill St, South Perth)

Good analysis, you miss out indian / pakistanis / sri langkan ?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how wherever you go in the West you hear Asians being reliable tenants, good workers, and their kids are usually tops at school. So how come the "Westerners are superior" mentality in Singapore?

Strange

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean have low self-esteem.

Funny how wherever you go in the West you hear Asians being reliable tenants, good workers, and their kids are usually tops at school. So how come the "Westerners are superior" mentality in Singapore?

Strange

manuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be still living in colonial mentality between master and servant kind of mind set.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May be still living in colonial mentality between master and servant kind of mind set.

One of the great success story of Australia is the emerging group of Asian Aussies.
These are really the role models for Singapore families who move to Australia for the sake of the kids.

Alice Pung,
Cindy Pan,
Benjamin Law,
Kylie Kwong,
Shaun Tan,
Jenny Kee,
Annette Shun Wah,
Anh Do, Khoa Do,
John So,
Simone Lazaroo,
Christopher Cyrill,
Jason Yat-Sen Li,
Sunil Badami,
Quan Yeomans,
Caroline Tran,
Tom Cho,
Vanessa Woods
Luke Nguyen, Pauline Nguyen

and lots more…

My latest read
ASwideAlicePung_20110928115834897774-420x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/from-regime-to-riches-20110929-1kxtv.html

Alice Pung is a writer, lawyer and teacher, born in Footscray. (*** multiple occupations the modern way)

2007 Australian Newcomer of the Year award in the Australian Book Industry Awards

2009, the Australian representative at the Iowa International Writing Program.

2011, Alice was the Australian representative to the US Department of State ‘Fall and Recovery’ writers’ tour of disaster and conflict sites of America.
Guest lecturers at Brown University, Vassar College, Peking University, the University of Bologna, the University of Milano and the University of Pisa.

Currently the writer in residence at Janet Clarke Hall, the University of Melbourne.
works part time (legal) in the area of minimum wages .

The rest of her time she devotes to writing and school visits

a lot of those singaporeans with low self-esteem use migration to try to boost theirs. lol.

Attachments

• 1300825580holdon.gif
    1300825580holdon.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the odd things I've noticed is the lack of Singaporean migrants that made the headlines. People like Senator Penny Wong, Kumar, Poh, Adam Liew, Guy Sebastians, all came from Malaysia.

One of the great success story of Australia is the emerging group of Asian Aussies.
These are really the role models for Singapore families who move to Australia for the sake of the kids.

Alice Pung,
Cindy Pan,
Benjamin Law,
Kylie Kwong,
Shaun Tan,
Jenny Kee,
Annette Shun Wah,
Anh Do, Khoa Do,
John So,
Simone Lazaroo,
Christopher Cyrill,
Jason Yat-Sen Li,
Sunil Badami,
Quan Yeomans,
Caroline Tran,
Tom Cho,
Vanessa Woods
Luke Nguyen, Pauline Nguyen

and lots more…

My latest read
ASwideAlicePung_20110928115834897774-420x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/from-regime-to-riches-20110929-1kxtv.html

Alice Pung is a writer, lawyer and teacher, born in Footscray. (*** multiple occupations the modern way)

2007 Australian Newcomer of the Year award in the Australian Book Industry Awards

2009, the Australian representative at the Iowa International Writing Program.

2011, Alice was the Australian representative to the US Department of State ‘Fall and Recovery’ writers’ tour of disaster and conflict sites of America.
Guest lecturers at Brown University, Vassar College, Peking University, the University of Bologna, the University of Milano and the University of Pisa.

Currently the writer in residence at Janet Clarke Hall, the University of Melbourne.
works part time (legal) in the area of minimum wages .

The rest of her time she devotes to writing and school visits[/QUOTE]

manuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the odd things I've noticed is the lack of Singaporean migrants that made the headlines. People like Senator Penny Wong, Kumar, Poh, Adam Liew, Guy Sebastians, all came from Malaysia.

Tough environment brings out the best of people. You can see that in refugees, some malaysian etc, when they are out of their countries, they see sky is the limit.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meaning Old Man was right? Must put spurs on hides?

Tough environment brings out the best of people. You can see that in refugees, some malaysian etc, when they are out of their countries, they see sky is the limit.

manuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
UP DATE :

Since my first post 2011.... few things had happened in the last 3 years..

Career wide, still no progress but that drive me to do something rather different.....

1) I sold my family house in 2012 and used the money to buy 2 houses in cheaper suburds in north shore.

2) I used my total properties portfolio to borrow 1.5 million from the bank and bought 2 more properties in 2012 and increase my total holding to 7 fullsite houses ( although bank was very reluctant to lend as I rely on rental incomes.)

3) In 2013, there was some jump in capital appreciation ( 60-70%) in auckland north shore, I sold a property in jan 2014 and payback 80% of the loan.

I am still searching for the right career, although my age is catching up... those ideas of property investment were something I thought of while nursing my child and rocking him to sleep when he was 1 to 2 yrs old....

That is my life in Auckland !!! My child is turning 4 soon and settling down full time in a pre-school centre, I need another push for what I gonna do in my free time.............

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That is my life in Auckland !!! My child is turning 4 soon and settling down full time in a pre-school centre, I need another push for what I gonna do in my free time.............

What sort of job are you looking for? From what you reveal about your property portfolio, you don't really need to work.

What are your interests and your hobbies?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UP DATE :

I am still searching for the right career, although my age is catching up... those ideas of property investment were something I thought of while nursing my child and rocking him to sleep when he was 1 to 2 yrs old....

While looking for that ideal first career, have you thought f becoming a property manager as a second career?

My landlord insurance premium went up quite sharply this year, they played nasty by making me take up contents insurance. And make sure that my properties are professionally managed.

This year, I expect more rental defaults in Perth, Aust.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rents are now dropping in Perth..so most landlords are now slashing rents...but cheap skate ang mors and asshole tenants will do anything to get a better deal...so maybe u r right...they will skip rent just for the hell of it as vacancy rates are going up,,desperate landlords might just accept anyone...

While looking for that ideal first career, have you thought f becoming a property manager as a second career?

My landlord insurance premium went up quite sharply this year, they played nasty by making me take up contents insurance. And make sure that my properties are professionally managed.

This year, I expect more rental defaults in Perth, Aust.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I see the rental market easing compared to a year ago. When I arrived in Perth in 2012, it was a tough business tryung to find a place to rent. Now I hear new immigrants are easily finding rental property at good prices. I am about to change my abode, too.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I see the rental market easing compared to a year ago. When I arrived in Perth in 2012, it was a tough business tryung to find a place to rent. Now I hear new immigrants are easily finding rental property at good prices. I am about to change my abode, too.

The lasttime we have such high vacancy rate is in 1995. I expect a lot of pain coming from inexperienced landlords who overextend.some of these people will be burned badly.