• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Inderjit - Our Bank Investments should not be seen as losses.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“If we consider a longer-term horizon, then some of the issues like what UBS faces today should not be seen as failed investments,” said Inderjit Singh, a member of Parliament for the ruling People’s Action Party, and chief executive officer of Infiniti Solution Pte, a provider of services to chipmakers.

“However, from a Singapore Inc. perspective, with the two sovereign wealth funds not coordinating, I feel they have overinvested in the financial sector.”

Financial services companies made up 36 percent of Temasek’s portfolio as of March. It is the biggest investor in lenders including Standard Chartered Plc (STAN), the British bank that earns most of its profit in Asia, and Singapore’s DBS Group Holdings Ltd. (DBS) It also owns stakes in China Construction Bank Corp. and India’s ICICI Bank Ltd.

- http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...et-losses-pile-up-on-ubs-trading-scandal.html

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
,I hope she use this as an excuse to tell her shareholders, shld Infiniti Solution make a loss...

n see what happen to her shareholders.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If we consider a longer-term horizon, then some of the issues like what UBS faces today should not be seen as failed investments,” said Inderjit Singh, a member of Parliament for the ruling People’s Action Party, and chief executive officer of Infiniti Solution Pte, a provider of services to chipmakers.

Have to agree with Inderjit, from a short-term perspective, the UBS investment failed miserably!

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of a book I read on how Indian banks maintain their balance sheet by having losses credited as other asset. :biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of a book I read on how Indian banks maintain their balance sheet by having losses credited as other asset. :biggrin:

that's how banks like Citibank do it too.........

if a joker mortgage his house to Citibank for 500,000 at height of property boom..........

that house will be in Citibank's books as 500,000...........even when it drops by half or more in property bust......

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
,I hope she use this as an excuse to tell her shareholders, shld Infiniti Solution make a loss...

n see what happen to her shareholders.

Inderjit-Singh.jpg

She? she meh? :eek:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, our highly esteemed bagi is absolutely right.
They are not loses but just Investment Without Returns.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was founded and is still running on trial & error! They do the trying and you pay for their errors!!! Period!!!