• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

And the hypocrisy continues...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Tan said that, as president, he would be allowed to play a major role in making a contribution in this aspect and 'help Singapore ride through the next crisis' should it happen. But he emphasised that it would be the responsibility of the prime minister to make the final decisions.
Hmm, what are ministers for? And what was Shanmmugam going on and on about how little the EP can be allowed to do?

'We don't know whether (the current) problems will eventually cause another economic and financial crisis. A lot depends on the actions of governments, policymakers and central bankers in the coming weeks and months, so we have to monitor these very carefully,' said Dr Tan.
Reminds one of the statement that if Mas Salamat is not in Singapore, then he must have departed from our shores.

'The outlook for the global economy is still uncertain. As for the impact on Singapore, we wait and see. We must put the hustings aside to focus on what really matters - working together to build a better Singapore for all Singaporeans.'

As for his narrow victory, which some say reflected a minority level of support by Singaporeans, he described the result as 'decisive' in the first-past-the-post system.Help! Someone tell me the difference between "decisive" and "decision"!

And with some pundits suggesting that the 37,826 rejected votes could have influenced the final outcome, given the thin margin of victory, Dr Tan said that it was not possible to speculate on why certain votes were rejected.

Preferring to look ahead instead of talking about what might or might not have happened at the polls, Dr Tan stressed that the president had to work for all citizens regardless of who they voted for. As head of state, he had to be above politics and not identify himself with any party. The last line is a joke.

'I will work to unify Singaporeans, heal some of the divisions that exist and emphasise the need for unity and a common purpose,' he said.

As for whether the voting patterns reflected deeper divisions within society, Dr Tan said that it was important to recognise that Singaporeans today were more vocal and wanted to make their views known.He is still in hustings mode, side-stepping the question and beating round the bush.

'That's a good thing. We should have a diversity of views, it enriches us and makes Singapore more vibrant,' he said. H Y P O C R I S Y

'Admittedly, it may make the process of governing a little bit more difficult because there is more noise.Here we go again. The decision-making may be a little slower, but that's a maturing of our democracy, civil society and politics in Singapore. It's a development which I welcome.'I don't know what to say.

Cuntamania

Alfrescian
Loyal
The show will go on for the next 5-6 years:*:

Dr Tan said that, as president, he would be allowed to play a major role in making a contribution in this aspect and 'help Singapore ride through the next crisis' should it happen. But he emphasised that it would be the responsibility of the prime minister to make the final decisions.
Hmm, what are ministers for? And what was Shanmmugam going on and on about how little the EP can be allowed to do?

'We don't know whether (the current) problems will eventually cause another economic and financial crisis. A lot depends on the actions of governments, policymakers and central bankers in the coming weeks and months, so we have to monitor these very carefully,' said Dr Tan.
Reminds one of the statement that if Mas Salamat is not in Singapore, then he must have departed from our shores.

'The outlook for the global economy is still uncertain. As for the impact on Singapore, we wait and see. We must put the hustings aside to focus on what really matters - working together to build a better Singapore for all Singaporeans.'

As for his narrow victory, which some say reflected a minority level of support by Singaporeans, he described the result as 'decisive' in the first-past-the-post system.Help! Someone tell me the difference between "decisive" and "decision"!

And with some pundits suggesting that the 37,826 rejected votes could have influenced the final outcome, given the thin margin of victory, Dr Tan said that it was not possible to speculate on why certain votes were rejected.

Preferring to look ahead instead of talking about what might or might not have happened at the polls, Dr Tan stressed that the president had to work for all citizens regardless of who they voted for. As head of state, he had to be above politics and not identify himself with any party. The last line is a joke.

'I will work to unify Singaporeans, heal some of the divisions that exist and emphasise the need for unity and a common purpose,' he said.

As for whether the voting patterns reflected deeper divisions within society, Dr Tan said that it was important to recognise that Singaporeans today were more vocal and wanted to make their views known.He is still in hustings mode, side-stepping the question and beating round the bush.

'That's a good thing. We should have a diversity of views, it enriches us and makes Singapore more vibrant,' he said. H Y P O C R I S Y

'Admittedly, it may make the process of governing a little bit more difficult because there is more noise.Here we go again. The decision-making may be a little slower, but that's a maturing of our democracy, civil society and politics in Singapore. It's a development which I welcome.'I don't know what to say.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope ! It will probably last another 20 years

funny-goose.jpg

Nope ! It will probably last another 20 years. Remember this, the old folks are not dead yet and the FTs are coming in drove to vote for PAP ! You have already lost since 20 years ago or more. Some of you were PAP voters if I'm not wrong. The next gen in their 20s and 30s will be 40 and 50 yo by then. But, those 60s and 70s aunties and uncles may still be a large pool of PAP voters ? The future is bleak.