• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

miss singapore screw around while her male peers doing NS

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss Singapore World finds Mr Right
by Benson Ang

SHE has finally found her man, though he is a bit coy.

Miss Faraliza Tan, 22, had problems finding Mr Right despite her proven beauty - she is the reigning Miss Singapore World - and personality.

Her plight was featured in The New Paper about two months ago.

Now, she is happy that she's finally found Mr Right.

He's an Englishman named James Dickinson, 29, who has only been in Singapore since August.

Over coffee with The New Paper, the couple revealed, between guffaws and giggles, that things only got serious on her 22nd birthday on 23 Sep.

They met online, in a random Yahoo! chat room and soon began chatting, sometimes for up to four hours.

Both, they said, have a shared interest in 'lazing around'. A week after talking online, they decided to meet for a movie.

Said Miss Tan: 'I was a little scared about meeting him. But he turned out to be everything he said he was, and we hit it off.'

Humorous

What clicked? Miss Tan replied: 'I think he's humorous, and crazy.'

And yes, the 1.85m tall business development manager, with brown eyes and short brown hair, meets the criteria which she had previously set in The New Paper interview.

She said then that her standards aren't particularly unusual or high - he has to be taller than her (1.75m), doesn't have to be on the Dean's List, must be able to 'carry a conversation' with her, and must be able to make her smile.

The report also quoted several of her peers at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) as saying that they found her intimidating, because she is both beautiful and smart, having been on the Dean's List for three consecutive years.

But not Mr Dickinson, it seems.

She's very approachable, he said, and added that he felt 'privileged' to date Singapore's reigning beauty queen.

He said: 'I'd find it a shame if I didn't talk to her.'

Also, he can do something she can't: Cook.

'So what if women can't cook?' she chimed in with a smile.

Before moving to Singapore, Mr Dickinson, who has an honours degree from the University of Wolverhampton, majoring in business and economics, ran a business in Paris for nine years.

He said that his sister, who lives in Singapore, gave birth to a son in May and he came over to be part of his nephew's life 'for the first year or so'.

Also, he added, he wanted a change of scene.

He lives in Chinatown, with his sister and her son.

Said Miss Tan, who lives in a five-room flat in Tampines: 'It's half-way between my home and my school (in Boon Lay) so I'm usually at their place.'

Is Mr Dickinson your typical articulate and bold Caucasian?

Hardly. He was very reluctant to talk about himself and even more insistent that we do not photograph him.

At first, he said he 'didn't want any attention taken away from her (Miss Tan)'.

Then, he said he was 'a private person'.

Later, he added: 'I don't want my professional life to be about people coming up to me and saying: 'Oh, so you're dating Miss Singapore'.

'I just don't want to answer personal questions in my place of work.'

Here's what we managed to squeeze out:

Who's the boss in this relationship?

FT: There's no boss.

JD: That's what I let her think.

FT: That's what I choose to believe.

Do your parents know?

JD: I met her entire family during Hari Raya Aidilfitri last month.

FT: They were very welcoming. They took a lot of photos.

My family members have married from different cultures, so we're very multi-cultural.

During the Miss World competition, what will James be doing?

JD: At first, she wanted me to go visit her. Then, I asked: 'Do you want me to be in the same room with 300 other Miss Worlds?' After that, she said she didn't want me to go.

FT: I did not say that! That didn't happen. You just put words into my mouth!

Miss Tan left for Johannesburg, South Africa, on Sunday, to join the Miss World 2008 contest.

The final will be on 13 Dec.

As part of her preparations, Miss Tan said the organisers also told her to stay out of the sun to avoid getting tanned, and not to eat fried food.

Mr Dickinson joked: 'It just means she's a cheap date.'

On the competition, Miss Tan said: 'I'm going there with no expectations, really. I just want to enjoy myself.'

She added: 'And since Miss China won last year, I doubt they will crown another Asian queen.'

The full-time NTU student said she was allowed to sit for her end-of-semester exams a week earlier, using a different exam paper.

Miss Tan returns on 15 Dec, in time to start on her final-year project.

This article was first published in The New Paper on Nov 19, 200

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a cheap chinese sinkee whore of course it's not surprising.

I think it is not necessary to quote "Chinese" sinkie whore in your message, perhaps you can help to avoid.

We can use words like sinkie bitch/whore, I think this is perfectly fine.

Thanks!.:smile:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
who will appreciate our sons/brothers/fellow citizen with stink uniforms wet and dried by sweat and rain? what is the point to defense these sluts?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is not necessary to quote "Chinese" sinkie whore in your message, perhaps you can help to avoid.

We can use words like sinkie bitch/whore, I think this is perfectly fine.

Thanks!.:smile:

PPL's surname is tan leh. Although i found out she's a muslim and has a malay mum from hwz.

Yet my stance still stands. It's always some chinese gal who more or less does this.

Chinese guys gotta stop defending the gals like this cos the gals sure as hell not going to say good stuff about them.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
PPL's surname is tan leh. Although i found out she's a muslim and has a malay mum from hwz.

Yet my stance still stands. It's always some chinese gal who more or less does this.

Chinese guys gotta stop defending the gals like this cos the gals sure as hell not going to say good stuff about them.

Although I do not support our chinese girl keeping away from chinese singaporean but they have their own personal choice.

Be gentleman, give them some respect, your jeolousy wont benefit you either.

Regardless what race they are, they deserved a respect, and those who swearing, basically are jeolous.

As far as I have noticed in your posting is not so healthy though.
I'm sure you know what I am referring to.

KopiJoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuckin SPG CCB...:oIo:Fuckin young guys in singapore no bloody balls...if i am unattached i will on her...what is there to feel not worthy?

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPG is SPG lor
now she want to justify herself by saying male peers too scare of her

Miss singapore another SPG