• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan Booed at Nomination!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"BULL-SHIT! BULL-SHIT! BULL-SHIT!"

Wah, damn malu... Patrick Tan's face also black!

[video=youtube;XilShSNo3rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilShSNo3rY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;XilShSNo3rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XilShSNo3rY[/video]

He was trying hard to put on a brave face after the heckling and the booing...

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Patrick Tan was standing to the left, out of the screen. When the crowd went, "PATRICK TAN! PATRICK TAN! PATRICK TAN!", he really looked very discomfited and displeased.

None of the other 3 candidates was booed - this tells you something.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Tin Tin got booed as well with chants of "Kate spate". Look where she is now? Most likely he is going to get elected by the 60%.

Yes. Patrick Tan was standing to the left, out of the screen. When the crowd went, "PATRICK TAN! PATRICK TAN! PATRICK TAN!", he really looked very discomfited and displeased.

None of the other 3 candidates was booed - this tells you something.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As with MBT and WKS.......this is called the 60.1% effect

This time around it maybe different. Some of my RC friends say that the grassroots are voting for TCB while the elite are rooting for TT. Also, remember that this isn't the GE, so self-serving constituency interests don't play a part, which means that even TJS might get a portion (5%? 10%?) of the 60% Pappy vote.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it sure sounds quite shiok jeering there! ...

Oh yes, trust me, it was damn shiok! Went from "Booooo!" at the beginning to "Patrick Tan!" in the middle to "Bull-shit!" as he walked off. If you were in the crowd you couldn't hear what he was saying - most his speech was drowned out by the heckling.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The supporters who boo TT are not graceful man. The candidate they support will also kena blackmark for bad behavior of their supporter one. The nation builder will make sure of that to earn pt for TT one. Not a clever move.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The supporters who boo TT are not graceful man. The candidate they support will also kena blackmark for bad behavior of their supporter one. The nation builder will make sure of that to earn pt for TT one. Not a clever move.

The only ones not booing were TT supporters. Supporters of TCB, TJS and TKL went for the jugular right from Yam Ah Mee's announcement.

Go figure. It's a civil war even within PAP ranks.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNA's already scaled down the background noise. If you were there, you really couldn't catch most of what TT was saying - he was trying to shout above the jeers.

Very soon more video on YOUTUBE TT was boooooooooooo at nomination day.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the people have to remember that the PE is not a political contest. The moment TKL and TJS supporters start saying "independent" is measure whether you are MP or party member or not, I know these people not understand what PE is about.

It is to choose a leader to be there for citizens in all times. He will pluck up our morales when we are down. He will be the symbol of our pride when we are up. He will be there for us always. Just like Wee Kim Wee and Ong Teng Chong. TKL and TJS totally miss the point. The media totally miss the point. I hate to admit but PM was right. This is not a political contest. This is a healing session like TCB said. If TKL and TJS insist on dividing the voters along who is more "opposition", then I feel very sad for them.

The only ones not booing were TT supporters. Supporters of TCB, TJS and TKL went for the jugular right from Yam Ah Mee's announcement.

Go figure. It's a civil war even within PAP ranks.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the people have to remember that the PE is not a political contest. The moment TKL and TJS supporters start saying "independent" is measure whether you are MP or party member or not, I know these people not understand what PE is about.

It is to choose a leader to be there for citizens in all times. He will pluck up our morales when we are down. He will be the symbol of our pride when we are up. He will be there for us always. Just like Wee Kim Wee and Ong Teng Chong. TKL and TJS totally miss the point. The media totally miss the point. I hate to admit but PM was right. This is not a political contest. This is a healing session like TCB said. If TKL and TJS insist on dividing the voters along who is more "opposition", then I feel very sad for them.

i only agree partially.....on the part about Wee Kim Wee but not about OTC......all he did was ask one question abeit an important one and spent the rest of his time redecorating the Istana.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This time around it maybe different. Some of my RC friends say that the grassroots are voting for TCB while the elite are rooting for TT. Also, remember that this isn't the GE, so self-serving constituency interests don't play a part, which means that even TJS might get a portion (5%? 10%?) of the 60% Pappy vote.

Even if you cut it by half, which is quite unrealistic......TT will still get 30%.........that leaves 70% to divide among the other 3 Tans......from what i gather all 3 are quite close.......ask around among your friends who they will be voting you get all the names.......even though i be voting for TJS.......i think the PE is TT's to lose now that all the other 3 Tans are contesting. Sadly PAP's strategy will work.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if you cut it by half, which is quite unrealistic......TT will still get 30%.........that leaves 70% to divide among the other 3 Tans......from what i gather all 3 are quite close.......ask around among your friends who they will be voting you get all the names.......even though i be voting for TJS.......i think the PE is TT's to lose now that all the other 3 Tans are contesting. Sadly PAP's strategy will work.

If TT's vote is reduced to 30%, TJS may just squeak by by capturing the majority of the opposition vote plus some PAP swing votes. It will take about 35-40% to win the election, whoever it is.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If TT's vote is reduced to 30%, TJS may just squeak by by capturing the majority of the opposition vote plus some PAP swing votes. It will take about 35-40% to win the election, whoever it is.

I agree, the one elected will have his work cut out for him........lets see how a minority elected President aims to united and rally the people.....