• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Displaced by FTrash, I decided to be a FT in middle East

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:32 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>52909.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>I decided to be a Foreign Talent in middle east

PostDateIcon.png
June 19th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

As a fresh graduate in 2002 from a reputable australian university, I was really finding it hard to get a job in Singapore. At that time I was told that Aussie Universities were not recognised for their engineering competencies and hence I was rejected. Applying for jobs requiring for diploma qualifications, I was then told I was over qualified though I do have a dip. from Singapore Poly. I was forced to do relief teaching to sustain myself while another opportunity came along.
In 2003, an opportunity for me to persue to a masters came along and I went to a local reputable university in Germany to persue my engineering Masters Degree. While I was there I was doing my internship with BMW Munich and European Aeronautics Defense Space (EADS) Germany. I returned to Singapore in 2006 and could not find a job for 6 months. The excuses given were (a) Local Grads prefered (b) no working experience (c) university not recognized (d) FT more experienced, qualified and cheaper (e) I do not speak mandarin. After 6 months of wait, I was left with no choice but to accept a sales position with an IT firm and put all my efforts studying engineering to waste. Sadly my country does not view graduates as talents/assets rather as liabilities which should be avoided.
Sadly and at the same time gladly, I decided to be an FT in middle east. Since then I never looked back. Happy as a Management Consultant and advising Governments and also Global Oil Companies.
To the current system in my homeland, I feel very sorry for the people stuck in the system. There is only so much one can do but if the system limits growth and development, and even our MPs are too cocky to help shape the future, the horizon looks bleak. All our youth talent will go to waste and the education you provide will not be an investment to the society. Unlike in many foreign societies, a university grad is seen as an asset to the organization which will then invest and develop and stand to reap the investments. Nation will then progress with the contributions to society.
Today if one asks me to come back and search for options, my heart would love to though my mind would say no. Bad experience from my homeland kills the spirit. Then again who knows, what holds in the future. Not many could still have the spirits of Chen SM to come back and serve the country.
Maybe someday but not now …..
Sporean-FT

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>