• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singaporean Rich? COE up again??

Is Singaporean rich? Current status fuel up, ERP up and yet COE still going up.

• Yes, I think they are rich, no where to spend

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, I think they are struggling too.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, since saving is so difficult and life is short, just pampered oneself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is a neccessity.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure. Be it poor finanical planing or simply don't care.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

newcomerjkt

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have the fuel price shooting up, ERP gantry up, ERP $$ up and yet we have our COE going up too:confused:. Is Singaporean that rich or simply they are biting the bullet, and pay through their nose?

Let see from the poll and do share your view for some enlightenment.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is poor planning buy now worry later. Got a friend who worked in a finance company and he told me alot of the deadbeats cannot pay and yet won't give up their cars. Rich in debts is a most likely thing :biggrin:

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also agree, mostly poor planning and hence now no chance to react, so have to bite the bullet.

Poor allocation of income is more likely. I mean seriously is piano lessons and dancing lessons for kids a necessity? Half the time it is the parents forcing it on the kids rather than the kids clamouring for it! They are spreading their income too thin.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these kiasu mentality really will make Singaporean more poorer. Theres a saying "打肿脸充胖子" . This is exactly what these parents are trying to do.

Instead of trying to let the children develop according to their interest and stress free, they are forcing the children.

Same goes to car owners, how many times should we remind Singaporean that car is a luxury and liability instead of a necessity. Sigh

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kindda agree with bro storm with e kiasu mindsets, if one can afford and will tends to follow the trend to have the best for their kids. tat oso goes to spending on pther items too.

In sg a car is juz not oni a car, tings like proud ownership (c tat kindda money dump in to soup up their babes) is more of a issue.:wink:

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a typical syndrome of Rich Poor Divide and it affects everyone FTs included. Let me explain.

In Chinese culture, Everyone hates someone who are richer them them. The Matland neighbours, PRCs you name it.
Simply because of car ownership as a luxury item. (that's the first thing tour guide will tell the tourists when they set foot).
Some call it stupid because u overpaid for something, like that 100K bag Victoria Adams bought.Then u'll call all luxury buyers of such items stupid also.

The cost of modest car is equivalent to a bungalow/apartment in China,Australia,US,UK + Home ownership it propels net asset to over close to 1 million.
That in itself shows how rich Singaporeans are.
Per person calculation (ie calculation 1.6 litre car = 80K + HDB flat = 450K). Now calculate per household. this is how normal people calculate, don't ask me go into nett asset value and all crap, they dun calculate to that level.

Such statistics makes people from these countries feel very small, and they are simply jealous of it.

The nett effect as well, middle class syndrome sets in where, "They" need to prove they can be richer than Singaporeans too and over commit themselves to property or car ownership.

This rollover effect causes spike in Goods and services such as travel, car ownership and House ownership.

In western culture , it's contrast, they look up to the rich. however because of infux of immigrants like mexicans, the middle class syndrome kicked in again, they want HOMEownership in US.

The recent case of ATm skimming of (1 million Ringgit) is justification that e-thieves are targetting Rich nations like Singapore,US and Uk .

Who the hell wants to rob a place like Phillipines,China,India,Malaysia ?

Technically, you're on radar of e-theives, because it technicality really is a nation for the rich, who wants to be a nation of the poor like Phillipes,Indonesia,india,China look at them.

Now, The ""wannabe rich"" China people are playing catchup and trying to show they have money to travel spent on cars and property like Singaporeans, so people will not look down on them,they hate that- this is called inferiority complex.

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme schizotypal behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, which can act as an incentive for achievement (or promote discouragement), an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often embedding itself into one's lifestyle, and sometimes resulting in a retreat from difficulties.

Retreat in difficulties means, "RunRoad"" or migrate to another country.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
price goes up because sinkie do not know how to create something better for the society. using the same technology over and over again will lead either to obsolescence or price hike. whatever way it goes, sinkie deserve it and gotten screwed. wonderful!!!!