• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life of a Singaporean

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
I intro myself yesterday. I am not ashamed to say that I am from the sex forum.:o

My question to all the bros here is whether your life in Singapore actually has any meaning or not.:(

For my case, I realise that I ended up cheonging in Geylang because I find life so meaningless in my day to day activities that I ended up having to pay for the extra thrill.

Maybe if I could find more things to do, I would not have ended up taking this road but everyday working 12 hrs leave me with no time for my other hobbies and sports. Used to play football. Now no more football fields and no more time.

Used to play with car modification... now too expensive.

Used to go changi beach and pongol for water sports. Now, all the favourite spots have all gone.

Damned sian this country.. everything is $$$$$ and every area keeps changing. No place for childhood memories. No place to take family other than shopping ...shopping... and eating and eating!

Fuck. I feel quite fed up when typing this! Shall stop here for now. Have to start work already. :confused:

aman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do!!!:(
Dun stay here lor!!!:o
Not only you feel the same!!!:p
But Singapore still the best ple to stay..:biggrin:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait till you get married...have kids...than it is even more robotic......wake up send kids to school....go to work...come back....sleep......wake up...send kids to school....go to work .....come back sleep.......x 5 times......weekend send kids for tuition.....extra work here and there....rinse repeat.....month end .......

starless

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually everywhere cost is expensive .... even though in China things are cheap to us, it is expensive to the PRCs themselves. You should be happy you are here, and you can go there and spend like king. Where can the PRCs go to spend like Kings .... Most PRCs will end their lives without even leaving their province for leisure, but for SG, it is not a matter of whether they leave the country for travel, but a matter of how many times ....

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I intro myself yesterday. I am not ashamed to say that I am from the sex forum.:
Fuck. I feel quite fed up when typing this! Shall stop here for now. Have to start work already. :confused:

Its a mindset issue....if you change your outlook in life.....it can only get better.........no harm trying u have got nothing to lose as its better than the state u are in now. I know cos I was feeling the same long long long time ago...now I dun look back and fret about life....like boss of sammyboy says....LIFE STINKS...GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!

mentos1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a life like this means you are as normal as the person who is next to you. This is the lifecycle of many ordinary Singaporeans. If you really want thrills, then try doing something that is out of the norm.

Have you ever wondered why some parents have no complains on waking up early and doing tons of stuffs for their kids even though it is like a routine. In life, try not to do things that will help you make your life more meaningful because you will soon run out of them or unable to do so.

Instead try to find meaning in those that you are doing everyday. :smile:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "progress" that the white scum sell is what you mentioned. For those hobbies that do not cost much in the past days, it is deem as uneconomical.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my case said:
Donb't mind me saying this. What you need is a social life. You need to first find out what you really like and want to do... then you need to start expanding your circle of friends....

i used to be like you... other than work (because i need to) i don't find enjoyment in anything else... now i pick up fishing... and i really like it... i start to go abit crazy, buying equipments, organising boat fishing trips locally and offshore.... start mixing with a totally different group of people... and when i look back, i start to work better, because i know i have some form of relaxation to look towards to after work.

I really hope you will not stay in the dooldrum.... I am not judging you on your activities in Geylang... don't misunderstand... but i just think, if you have money to chiong in GL, you probably have a good decent income, which means a good and pretty well paying job, probably in a good company... don't waste it!

My 2 cents worth

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably has a great social life. The problem is that they are all fuckers like him!:biggrin:

sammy... you didn't read properly lah...

I said.... find out what he want to do and love to do.. and then work towards that and meet people with the same interest.

if he like to go GL, and all the friends he has likes to go GL.. then fine mah.. nothing is wrong with his life... but the fact that he is complaining... tells me that he doesn't like that kind of life, but just have nothing to do....

Bangster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well put.

I totally agree with you.

It's all about time management, changing one's mindset, and basically be adaptive to the surrounding conditions. ("If you can't change them, follow them!!")

What TS has fallen into, I believe, is a vicious cycle that is likely to cause the thrill, the interest to fizzle out soon and he will then have to look for new ones.

But I also believe everyone goes through it lah.

It's just a matter of time before he falls out of, or still remain inside the cycle.

Bangster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh and one more thing - I'm xxxking proud to say I'm from the sex forum too!

The name also sama-sama sial!! B-A-N-G-S-T-E-R!! Yeah baby!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I intro myself yesterday. I am not ashamed to say that I am from the sex forum.:o

My question to all the bros here is whether your life in Singapore actually has any meaning or not.:(

For my case, I realise that I ended up cheonging in Geylang because I find life so meaningless in my day to day activities that I ended up having to pay for the extra thrill.

Maybe if I could find more things to do, I would not have ended up taking this road but everyday working 12 hrs leave me with no time for my other hobbies and sports. Used to play football. Now no more football fields and no more time.

Used to play with car modification... now too expensive.

Used to go changi beach and pongol for water sports. Now, all the favourite spots have all gone.

Damned sian this country.. everything is $$$$$ and every area keeps changing. No place for childhood memories. No place to take family other than shopping ...shopping... and eating and eating!

When I cannot pang sai, I blame the toilet bowl.
When I fell down, I blame the stone on the ground.
When I dropped my wallet, I blame my pockets for having a hole.

My advice to you would be to start going bookshops and find books of interest to you and start reading. If not, just find any to read. Reading calms your mind and make you start to think.

jw5

Loyal
Geylang Cheongster
How old are you and do you have a wife and kids?

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang Cheongster
How old are you and do you have a wife and kids?

38 this year. Married with 2 kids. Wife very beautiful when I met her. Now fat and ugly. Refused to go on diet. Refused to go dentist to fix missing teeth. double chin plus double tummy. More interested in Mahjong than me. :biggrin:

amadeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contrary to how some of you feel, I feel that I am lucky to be living here. Perhaps because I have a wonderful hobby which gives me plenty of meaning to live for. I don't know whether being single helps but I am single and available and have rejected the "advancement" of many women because relationship and marriage are not permanence but my hobby is.

Hope this sharing will help the many here.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
38 this year. Married with 2 kids. Wife very beautiful when I met her. Now fat and ugly. Refused to go on diet. Refused to go dentist to fix missing teeth. double chin plus double tummy. More interested in Mahjong than me. :biggrin:

Alamak TS, now u say like that makes me wanna be bachelor my whole life:(