• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Professors quite poorly paid compared to school principals

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>calvin89

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:23 am Post subject: Professors quite poorly paid compared to school principals</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>I wonder why would anyone who has brains to do research want to do PHD when a school principal/vice principal would command similar level of pay...

http://www.salary.sg/2007/salaries-of-professors/

Professor S$178,750 – S$270,875
Associate Professor S$108,625 – S$204,875
Assistant Professor S$71,500 – S$121,690

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Office/Story/A1Story20080103-43468.html

"For an experienced principal on the Senior Education Officer (SEO) Superscale "H", the annual pay package will increase from $168,000 to $193,000 for a good performer and from $185,000 to $218,000 for an outstanding performer."

Now you know who are among those are bidding up the COEs...
icon_wink.gif

Last edited by calvin89 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I bet the teachers are better paid than the tutors with Master and PhD. Singapore seem to prefer to keep our lower education good produce top Math students at 15years old, then lose them all while top politicain kpkb brain drain when MOE not willing to invest in higher education?

Time to vote them out to wake them up.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Haha I bet the teachers are better paid than the tutors with Master and PhD. Singapore seem to prefer to keep our lower education good produce top Math students at 15years old, then lose them all while top politicain kpkb brain drain when MOE not willing to invest in higher education?

Time to vote them out to wake them up.

teachers earning more than tutors? i know of many teachers-turned-tutors, few of tutors-turned-teachers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of these are unfounded statements with no concrete proof.

I can say I know this professor earns $1mil a year. Who can verify this?

Not to be skeptical, but look at the website www.salary.sg and tell me if you find it trustworthy. Also, the information they get are from:

- Internet Forums (again, hearsay, rumours and unverified statements rule here)

I only believe in CPF statements. Now burn me for telling the truth!

*Edit*: This website is registered to an individual by the name of "KONG SAN CHUN", with an address that is located at a HDB flat:
Owner/Main Contact:

Name: KONG SAN CHUN - (SGNIC-PER20005594)
Registered Address(line1): 27 CHAI CHEE AVE
Registered Address(line2):
Registered Address(line3):
Registered State:
Registered Country: SG
Registered Postalcode: 460027

Now tell me that you are still going to believe the stuff put up on the website.

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. Most of these professors are jiak leow bee and dependent on students to supply them with original research which they will put their names down. If they are damn good at managing a school, they will be administrators leow.

If I had my way, will slash the salaries of the professors by 50%.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a handful school principals made it to superscale grade lah. So most principals draw a monthly salary of $7 - 8 K. That is not alot if you consider that he/she has to take care of 1,300 students, 70 teaching staff and 20 non-teaching staff. On top of that, they have to deal with the school vendors (bookshop and canteen stall holders), suppliers, contractors, parents and residents from the community. Lastly, they have to provide frequent reports and feedbacks to MOE HQ and the school inspectors. It is not easy life ...

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. Most of these professors are jiak leow bee and dependent on students to supply them with original research which they will put their names down. If they are damn good at managing a school, they will be administrators leow.

If I had my way, will slash the salaries of the professors by 50%.

Very true. Everyone knows that USA has the most research fundings. If these useless NUS/NTU professors are serious researchers, they will never remain in Singapore.