• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheaper travel for 4 in 10 commuters

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal

Am amused after reading the article how they can twist another round of fare hike into good news (cheaper ?). :eek:

Obviously, the public transport companies will be earning more since 60% of the commuters end up paying more! :mad:

Ministry of Transport (Mot), pls stop "helping" us.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I dont care if its cheaper or more expensive. What I want is speed of travel and shorter waiting time.

I do think if they can improve on those 2, I don't mind doing 1-2 transfer to get to my destination as long as its faster.

shrek2

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't u just admire the way they spin the news headlines? i often get quite fed up reading the front pages because the way they phrase it, seems like they are treating the readers like foolish kids who don't know better.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I dont need a cab, I need a super bus! Just kidding.

Guess how will this impact the housing. :o

blahzzz

Am amused after reading the article how they can twist another round of fare hike into good news (cheaper ?). :eek:

Obviously, the public transport companies will be earning more since 60% of the commuters end up paying more! :mad:

obviously this is just another bullshiet story that the gahmen is telling us to ease the angry mob.

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will help cut transport bills for four in 10 commuters who have to make such journeys now. But for the remaining six who take direct services, higher fares are likely.

Why are people who take direct services being penalised? They want people to spend more time taking buses/transfer to have cheaper fares?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great spin to "6 in 10 commuters will have to pay more for travel"

Gosh... our press takes the cake for making optimists out of us :rolleyes::mad:

Z

Zombie

4 destination points (ABCD) need 6 routes to cover all direct travels (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD and CD routes).

But if you put in one transfer point(T) in the middle, you need only 2 routes (AB meet CD at T in the middle).

There is hugh savings in capital investments and operating costs, at the expense of the existing consumers.