• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

StanChart e$aver Interest Rate Drops Again !

conjurer

Alfrescian
Loyal
With effect from 4th August, StanChart's E-Saver savings account interest has dropped to a meagre 0.5% PA for deposits below $50,000 !!

Click here for their announcement

Not sure whether other banks will follow through. I am going to withdraw my savings there and deposit elsewhere.

Anyone has better options ? Which bank will follow next ?

xtrocious

Alfrescian
Loyal
With effect from 4th August, StanChart's E-Saver savings account interest has dropped to a meagre 0.5% PA for deposits below $50,000 !!

Not sure whether other banks will follow through. I am going to withdraw my savings there and deposit elsewhere.

WTF!

Aren't they suppose to give us better rates from their "savings" from being a pure e-bank?

I will also be moving my deposits out :mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

wait till you hear about their credit card promotions...
for their Platinum Access Product Features (with effect from 2nd September 2008), any transactions above S$500.00 would be automatically converted into a 24 monthly installments at an interest rate of 5%p.a and a 6% administration fee chargable.

Huat ah!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
With savings rates far below inflation rate, it's really bad to put your money in this one basket alone. How are you guys managing your money? Any good ideas? I can think of shares (while they're going down down now), precious metals, wines, watches... any more?