• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying Rolex Is A Better Investment

Lexus118

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have bought some Rolex sports model earlier, namely Submariner, Gmt2 and Sea Dweller. Some bought over from friends some bought new..
After keeping them for 2 years I sold them off and make around 1k each, so total 3k profit cause of the Rolex price increase annually..Now I buy Rolex watches for investment(also can wear them) rather then putting my money in Bank which give low interest rate..:biggrin:

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i agreed with u bro, good watch can be sold to make a profit out of it ... Good idea bro !

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right bro at the current FD interest rate . Buy rolex is for sure a wiser choice. But i think only 2nd rolex than you can make profit out of it:smile:

mentos1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolex is a good choice in singapore. But if you go to other countries, then rolex will not be as good a choice. There are too many other brands which will command a better return than Rolex in other countries. Just so happen that the demand for Rolex is high in Singapore. :smile:

Lexus118

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with the brudders here, other high End Brands are really sought after in the other country but slow when selling them locally..
Rolex easily sold off very fast.. haha

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolex is a good choice in singapore. But if you go to other countries, then rolex will not be as good a choice. There are too many other brands which will command a better return than Rolex in other countries. Just so happen that the demand for Rolex is high in Singapore. :smile:

Totally agree bro cos Rolex is still more recognise in singapore. You,ll always get a good price for Rolex , be it at pawn shop, 2nd watch shop or even the Australian own Cash Converter ! Try bring along a Frank Muller or Patek , i think you'll feel like slapping them when they quote you the price:mad:

KuaTioGui

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anybody know how many years to bring the rolex watch for servicing and how much is each servicing?

TD.king

does anybody know how many years to bring the rolex watch for servicing and how much is each servicing?

last time is 100 and later increase to 150 i think. but nowadays i never bring to rolex center 4 servicing and i normally do it at my regular 2nd hand watch shop, cheaper. they clean all the parts inside and also polish for me. they charge from $50 to $100 depend on the model and sizes( ladies , boy or men diffrent price). i do it once every year.

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have bought some Rolex sports model earlier, namely Submariner, Gmt2 and Sea Dweller. Some bought over from friends some bought new..
After keeping them for 2 years I sold them off and make around 1k each, so total 3k profit cause of the Rolex price increase annually..Now I buy Rolex watches for investment(also can wear them) rather then putting my money in Bank which give low interest rate..:biggrin:

Can't see why I should buy second hand watch :wink: so if I won't want a second hand Rolex, I don't see anyone would want a second hand Rolex. Not unless it is the only model around, which is unlikely. There are plentiful of early Submariner, Gmt2 and Sea Dweller models around.

So good investment... I don't know, maybe not :rolleyes:

The old Japanese Banana money after 50 years still don't fetch a fortune :biggrin:.

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Want peace of mind, bring it to Rolex Center. It will be more costly of course.

Brought my gold Daytona for servicing. Took a month n cost me $600+ But what a good job done.

Can u ensure your original parts are not switched to fake ones when u send it to these mom-pop shops?

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, if you got money to buy Rolex, should still bring to Thong Sia the distributor ..... whats a bit more money to have a peace of mind ...

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently bought a GMT to RSC.

Usual servicing, includes re-oiling of the damper, changing the crown (if yours is in perfect condition, no need), polishing and tightening of the chain.

$400. The crown is $80 bucks.

coco the gorilla

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went past a used rolex shop at the ground floor of peninsula. they seem original... they have certs and all. And they are selling the watches definitely lower than the original prices. How is that possible?

Lexus118

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went past a used rolex shop at the ground floor of peninsula. they seem original... they have certs and all. And they are selling the watches definitely lower than the original prices. How is that possible?
One of the shop there is a Authorise Dealer (AD), the others are selling pre-own watches..

starless

Alfrescian
Loyal

Errr, if it is used, of course it is below original price :p
You mean you expect a used rolex price to be higher than a new one

babachai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did for my friend Submariner, servicing alone is $580 but they give a nive Rolex pouch after that. LOL