• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many are Singaporeans?

New Dawn

Alfrescian
Loyal
There might come a time soon when Singaporean citizens, some of whom are responsible for voting in the elections, will be outnumbered in Singapore by people who are not Singaporeans.

CNA says that the population of the country rose by 200,000 between 2006 and 2007, of which only 39,490 were born here, which means 160,510 of these newcomers (welcome, y’all! And yay! my calculator works!) are definitely non-Singaporeans, who, at the moment, tally more than 1 million, and probably around the 2 million mark, because the stats CNA gives don’t tell me how many are Singaporeans and how many are Permanent Residents.

Cont...
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages?msg=54.1

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stats provided by the government is quite clear. Here is the breakdown;
Total Population:4.59million
Foreign Workers:1million
PR: 440 000
Singaporeans:3.19million

So i should say about 2/3 of people living in Singapore now are natives. Enjoy because it will be 1/2 in 20 years time when the population hits 6.5million.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you realise that if there are more FT, it will be good for business owners. But the rise in prices sort of offset it a little.

mentos1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter what, the second generation of all these PRs will also become Singaporeans, just like what our forefathers did back that. They were also considered PRs or foreign labours during their times here in Singapore. So does it really matter that much? At least not to me. :smile: