• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

this forum feel like being in reservist camp

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
no function of my unread msg is a problem to me.

i second that... have you tried the email notification function? i think it only sends email if we chose to have email notifications, instantaneously, daily or weekly...

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
i second that... have you tried the email notification function? i think it only sends email if we chose to have email notifications, instantaneously, daily or weekly...

but the notification is for all msg or for miy one only? i dun wish to get my email flooded.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
but the notification is for all msg or for miy one only? i dun wish to get my email flooded.

after toying around with it for this thread, i've set it to "instant email notification", and it sends email as long as a new post is added to this thread, irregardless if the post was addressed to me or not. it's like a subscription to the thread.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
after toying around with it for this thread, i've set it to "instant email notification", and it sends email as long as a new post is added to this thread, irregardless if the post was addressed to me or not.

Oh hau, you are getting used to this forum feature. It is wonderful isn't it. I enjoy playing around with it even there are still features that i do not know.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Oh hau, you are getting used to this forum feature. It is wonderful isn't it. I enjoy playing around with it even there are still features that i do not know.

Why don't you do me a favour and teach the guys here how to set up social groups, how to Private Message, configure signature images, install avatars etc etc.

I get really tired of people moaning about how much better Delphi was. It's like some old geezer wanting his Morris Minor back when someone has taken it away from him and given him a fully automatic Lexus as a replacement. :p

MorrisMinor.JPG

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

heheh... i supposed there's more for me to learn =)

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Here, I don't know who have replied me if the QUICK REPLY is used.

bro HardRodCafe,

try looking at the toolbar at the top of the post, right hand side, which states:
" Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread, Display Modes "

change the display mode to "Threaded Mode" or "Hybrid Mode", then we should be able to see who has responded to you.

hope this helps =)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
bro HardRodCafe,

try looking at the toolbar at the top of the post, right hand side, which states:
" Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread, Display Modes "

change the display mode to "Threaded Mode" or "Hybrid Mode", then we should be able to see who has responded to you.

hope this helps =)

If "Quick reply" causes confusion, I can disable it so everyone uses the "quote" button. What do you think?:smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If "Quick reply" causes confusion, I can disable it so everyone uses the "quote" button. What do you think?:smile:

i reckoned leaving only the multi-quote and the single quote buttons would do good. folks could still delete the quote/s if they didn't need it in their post.

you're the boss here :cool: