• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have S$150K cash

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have $150K cash in my OCBC piggy bank; 2 AIA life insurance policies with a $300K protection; my CPF has 50K (normal account), 20k(special), 30K(medisave). Now living in a HDB flat and financing with my CPF. No debt. I have 2 children and my wife isn't working. I have a stable job with a take home earning of about 8K per month, and can save about $4k every month.

Can any financial planner suggest what I should do with my 150K cash?

I am thinking of investing some money into the stock market since most shares are quite low now. Or use the cash as the first instalment to buy a private property.

How would you allocate use the cash if you are me?

:confused:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have $150K cash in my OCBC piggy bank; 2 AIA life insurance policies with a $300K protection; my CPF has 50K (normal account), 20k(special), 30K(medisave). Now living in a HDB flat and financing with my CPF. No debt. I have 2 children and my wife isn't working. I have a stable job with a take home earning of about 8K per month, and can save about $4k every month.

I am thinking of investing some money into the stock market since most shares are quite low now. Or use the cash as the first instalment to buy a private property.

Buy Ozie $$ now 99cts to S$ 100 earn you 6.75%/yr when Ozie up you gain plus interest, I intend to do just that. Or buy SinoTechfib share now .25cts
or buy Heng Long share if you can get hold seem like nobody's selling, every body is holding to it not letting go.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to Las Vegas Sands Venetian Macao and check in your 150,000 k to play bacarrat or use it for a 2% booking fee for St Regis apartment.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's a lot of saving. Very good for you.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello friend from Perth, why is the Auzzie Dollar on free fall? I hear that it will fall further to 60c Sing for 1AUD.

I seriously hope you are kidding when you say you have only $150K in cash with a $8K salary....

With that kind of money, better you save you for your kids education 1st, don't risk it on investments for the time being at all.

Cut down your spending and think of your 4K savings per month as "interest" on your $150K, that's a whopping 32% return a year!!!

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am no expert but as novice as i am, If I got that cash, i would buy Aussies, Euros and Gold

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at present situation

divide your money into different banks

and bunker in and wait til 2010

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You should be asking a much more fundamental question which is "what should I be doing with the rest of my life...".

Do you want your 2 children to grow up in a muslim dominated region in a country which is under threat from all sides?:rolleyes:

You have ALL your assets in one basket in one currency in one very unstable country. Your "stable job" is an illusion. Shouldn't you be looking into setting up a 2nd base beyond Asia?

Investing $150k is the least of your problems given the state the country is in.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Make sure your money is not in the hands of sinkie. or else it will be gone in no time. Be careful especially you are in sinkieland.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
it will help if you tell us
a) your age
b)how much you paid for your pigeon hole.
c) your outstanding loan.

150k is really peanuts to a 40+ years old, but is good money if you are in your early 20s.

I have $150K cash in my OCBC piggy bank;Now living in a HDB flat and financing with my CPF. No debt.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in my mid 30s. I paid 250K for my HDB flat and it is about 1/3 paid. I still have 20 years of instalment left to paid my mortage. Each month HDB deduct 700+ from my CPF, which is OK. No other outstanding load. Don't have car, rely on public transport.

Any good advise, please?

it will help if you tell us
a) your age
b)how much you paid for your pigeon hole.
c) your outstanding loan.

150k is really peanuts to a 40+ years old, but is good money if you are in your early 20s.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some jokers sent me PM to offer insurance packages. Another one asked me to go into MLM. Wah lao ....

jw5

Loyal
You should be asking a much more fundamental question which is "what should I be doing with the rest of my life...".

Do you want your 2 children to grow up in a muslim dominated region in a country which is under threat from all sides?:rolleyes:

You have ALL your assets in one basket in one currency in one very unstable country. Your "stable job" is an illusion. Shouldn't you be looking into setting up a 2nd base beyond Asia?

Investing $150k is the least of your problems given the state the country is in.
What if someone doesn't have children and doesn't give a hoot about the "future"?
Should he stay in Singkieland and continue to watch the fun and be entertained? :smile:

Last edited: