• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car Talk

clubber108

Bros here

share your car modifications pictures, bad or good workshops locally or in JB
Bad PI experiences or Insurance matters.

clubber108

I think i entered a scam Sale

As i am a first time car owner.
Alot of things i am unsure off.
And the agent doesn't explain.

Firstly i don't know how much i bought my car for.
I only know every month must pay $582 to the bank (10 Years)

Secondly, I do not know if the COE is already paid for or not with this bank loan.
Is it inclusive ?

I check around and $582 for a 1.2XG (A) seems a little more expensive than market rate.

Do anybody receive cash rebates when they bought their car ?

I received a cheque but the agent said its for their company.
And ask me to surrender the cheque.

I know you guys will flame me for this kinda situation.
But i really need your help here guys.

punter888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Secondly, I do not know if the COE is already paid for or not with this bank loan.
Is it inclusive ?

I check around and $582 for a 1.2XG (A) seems a little more expensive than market rate.

Bro,
So what is the price you agreed with?Normally for those who are taking cash rebates are those in the overtrading for their old cars or those who do not want to fork out a single cent to drive off.As often the agents will try to match the price that the bank will approve on the loan.Example the loan approval is 54k but you are buying @60k so meaning you will have to fork out the 6k bal for downpayment + 1st mth installment + your insurance so the cash rebate come in to pay for all this.As cash rebate bank will only pay to the hirer of the loan so most agents will have a verbal agreement with the new car owner that they will have to hand over the rebate once the bank release the cheque.Hope to clear your doubt :wink:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it inclusive ?

NEVER EVER take a 10 year car loan. Can you even afford a card in the first place? $582 per month plus road tax and insurance (probably about 200 plus per month) and petrol about 200 per month. This means that this 1.2 l car of yours will cost you at least $1000 CASH per month for the foreseeable future. And the cost will get higher the older the car gets.

KuaTioGui

Alfrescian
Loyal
astonteo...

quite expensive...

u respray whole car or juz the bodykits? if whole car, then the price is ok...

and what bodykits?

dgsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Clubber108, you're so cool with the girls according to your stories in sbf and yet so blur with your biggest liability. Haiz....

If you've already got the car and signed your life away, go sweet talk the salesman to give you clear answers. It is likely that COE is in the financing package. As for the rebate cheque, you have to read the fine prints, but by now, you would most probably already lost it. But you can insist the salesman show you the sucker clause before you even consider passing it back. I would bank in the money into your own account first and act blur with the agent until his lawyer's letter of demand comes. It is also wise to make sure you're making your monthly payments to the bank directly. Too many cases of the car dealers taking your money and not pay the bank. You wake up in the morning and no more car.

It's a sad case of pay to learn.

Last edited:

clubber108

bro Clubber108, you're so cool with the girls according to your stories in sbf and yet so blur with your biggest liability. Haiz....

If you've already got the car and signed your life away, go sweet talk the salesman to give you clear answers. It is likely that COE is in the financing package. As for the rebate cheque, you have to read the fine prints, but by now, you would most probably already lost it. But you can insist the salesman show you the sucker clause before you even consider passing it back. I would bank in the money into your own account first and act blur with the agent until his lawyer's letter of demand comes. It is also wise to make sure you're making your monthly payments to the bank directly. Too many cases of the car dealers taking your money and not pay the bank. You wake up in the morning and no more car.

It's a sad case of pay to learn.

yea...
dumb ass right

well ... its a big distress for me

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your sales agreement should have indicate the price.

Is it inclusive ?

Sales price includes everything, COE, ARF, GST, 6 month road tax etc.
It the percentage of loan you take. 70%, 100% etc.

Also depend on your OMV. Higher OMV means higher paper value and higher price. Certain PI under declared their OMV and that why they can afford t sell cheaper than others.

Not worth to take cash rebate. If you can't afford don't buy a car.

Cheque from where and who is the recipient? Is it cross?

dgsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
!st timers always kena sucker ma. Especially for a "dream come true" item. It's the same for everyone and everything. House, girls, FLs, fashion items, same same.

You may still not be a total sucker. Bank in the cheque and go talk to the bank or finance company if you know who they are and negotiate direct payment. What has already happened, cannot be undone. But if you don't do these 2 then sorry la. You asked for it.

jasdude

hi there

just brought a wish , don't know much about car audio systems . any one can recommend any shop that is good and reasonable in price.

dgsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
How good are your ears? How much are you willing to spend? If it's a normal set just for background music and the news, most set close to the $1k range should be sufficient. These are quite simple to install. The only thing other than getting clear crisp sound from both radio and cd to look out for is loss in acceleration. If that's significant, then there's normally a grounding issue. The shop will be able to solve that easily as well.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it inclusive ?

You already have the best cards in your hand.... don't give them the rebate, until you get clarification of all the question you have... afterall, they cannot hold on to your car forever, given that the bank has already financed the deal, they have to register the car in your name.

pweesng

holymonk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

just brought a wish , don't know much about car audio systems . any one can recommend any shop that is good and reasonable in price.

Hi bro, if you just want to listen to normal music....stock is enough...want a bit more to pong pong sound....include a amplifier and a 10 inches woofer is enough man.:biggrin:

DiGeorge

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, if you just want to listen to normal music....stock is enough...want a bit more to pong pong sound....include a amplifier and a 10 inches woofer is enough man.:biggrin:

Agree with you brother holymonk, stock is good enough....unless you're most of the time on the road but still what's the point of installing expensive sound system in a car, I rather buy a good Sound System to relax and enjoy at home :smile:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
stock is never good... if you look at the stock speakers of the japaness cars... g'osh... the whole cone is made out of rubbish paper... and the driver is damn weak...

For a simple upgrade, i suggest a speakers change. Cross over and 2 pairs of speakers with reasonable sound quality, will not set you back more than $500. Probably lesser.

For middle tiered listener, jsut get a bigger pair of speakers for the behind. 8 inch to 9 inch will be good enough. then get a set of component speakers for the front. if you have extra money to spent, you might want to get an amp to drive the speakers... again, a budget of $1000 will get you a pretty good set.

If you are an audiophile, you won't be asking this question here.:smile:

holymonk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/

http://www.sgsoundsystem.com/forum/

This 2 forums will let you know more about ICE (In-Car-Entertainment) before you decide which brand to choose and buy. some 2nd hand items also not bad as lots of the bros keep upgrading their items by selling their tried stuffs. Good luck:biggrin:

potentguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

I thought the new toyota wish comes with a lcd touchscreen audio system integrated with a/c console.. Why would you wanna change that? Or you just wanna install new speakers and woofer? Try this shop.. IMHO, they provide a larger variety than autobacs even.
http://www.carsounds.com.sg/shop/

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
How often do we actually need to service our cars?
We usually follow recommendations in our cars opr manual and and that normally states every 5000 or 10000km depending which kind of e/oil we are using (ie. mineral or synthetic).

But a recent study in the US found that a lot of these scheduled oil changes are not neccessary and that constitutes an additional 10 - 15% more waste oil to the total in that country. The experts are advising us to increase the period between servicing by about 50%. Just change the oil filters when they have run their course.

What do you guys think?