• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speed-trap camera along ecp after benjamin sheares brigde

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello n good morning to all sbf bros here.

i m starting tis thread as a result of my observation over tis speed-trap camera along d ECP just after d Benjamin Sheares Bridge.

You see, i use d ECP daily n i observed that many drivers r either very kaisu, kaisee or damn lousy. if u r also a frequent driver on d ECP u will encounter or experience tis situation - almost 8 out of 10 drivers will step on their brakes d moment they r travelling down slope after d Benjamin Sheares Bridge. I m always frustrated by all these lousy drivers. I, too, am force to step on my brakes because if I don't I will surely hit d guy in front of my car.

My guess is all these drivers felt that they r going too fast down tat slope n if they don't slow their car down to about 70km/h they will have their photograph taken by d speed-trap camera. Otherwise, some drivers might b considering tat they r very law abiding citizens because d speed sign along tis stretch shows "70km/h" n so they hv to keep to juzt below 70km/h.

Arrrrr........ frustrating n irritating to be forced hold brakes likewise to below 70km/h.

Now, I just wonder how many drivers ever noticed that there hv been some changes to d speed-trap camera?? Personally, I noticed tat tat speed-trap camera appears to b only one-sided now. The next time u drive down tis slope, or when u drive up-slope towards town or towards the exit to Rochor from d other side of the ECP, u shd have a look at d speed-trap camera. It only has a len tat is targeted or aimed at d direction towards town. IT DOES NOT HAVE A LEN THAT IS TARGETED OR AIMED AT THE DIRECTION HEADING TOWARDS MARINE PARADE.

I urge all drivers to check it out for yourself n tell all your other friends who drive. And if u r 1 of those drivers who will hold your brakes d moment u r driving down d slope after d Benjamin Sheares Bridge, pls dun hold your brakes. Adjust your speed before hand on just don't step on your petrol d moment u reach d top of d slope, hold back on your petrol pedal n just let your car travel on by d momentum. In tis way, you wont have to step on your brakes when u r travelling down slope. Your car shd b crusing comfortably n safely at around 90km/h.

You see, certain car have a higher gear ratio at d 5th gear than some other cars. In other words not every car's 5th gear has d same ratio. My car's 5th gear has a higher gear ratio n coupled by d weight of d car, d momentum is certainly going to b faster than some other cars when my car is cruising down slope (without me even having to continue to step on my petrol pedal).

Of course I understand no every driver could understand this, especially those ladies' drivers, well unless tat particular lady driver is a mechanical or engineering graduate n who understand gearing or cars.

So, my point on starting this thread is to let all bros who drive (n who use d ECP frequently) please make your own observation of tat speed-trap camera tat I hv mentioned hereinabove. Tell your other driver-friends n check it out d next time u drive pass it. You tell me whether my observation is correct.

If any bros here who have some knowledge abt tat particular speed-trap camera n cld point out tat my observation is wrong, please share your knowledge wif me n enlighten me.

Lets make our drive n every drive a safe n smooth one. :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
honestly, i think that 80km/h is a comfortable speed, 70km/h is way too slow... likewise for the KPE tunnel.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just wondering the speed trap camera uses film 35mmx100ft black & white Tri-x film, ISO 400, Kodak has long ago discontinued this film, just as Fuji will also discontinued this film, unless they are special order by 100 of rolls otherwise factory in US or Japan will not set up just to manufacture these film.

Are these cameras dummy as they look very intimidating, as you are not sure whether there's film inside or not. So kiasu and kiasee will not take risk! so jam brake to slow down that's is dangerous move, this may some time caused chain collision espcially on the right lane where ppl tend to go faster.

So next time if you have the opportunity slow down take a look, if there's any camera inside, these analog camera are very durable, but filnm stock now maybe depleted..however digital camera are too sensitive and not durable they just break down any moment. Think again to speed or not speed!

:eek::biggrin::rolleyes:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
play safe bah, don't speed when near these speed traps unless you are god damn sure they ain't loaded with films or are just dummies or gangho to try out.:wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, my point on starting this thread is to let all bros who drive (n who use d ECP frequently) please make your own observation of tat speed-trap camera tat I hv mentioned hereinabove. Tell your other driver-friends n check it out d next time u drive pass it. You tell me whether my observation is correct.
:smile:

Hi bro, no point observing. Why not you try out by driving at 95km/h to see whether you get caught on camera? It's really pointless when we speculate whether it has lens or no lens. Once drive past, wait for 2 weeks whether got Police letter come, if no letter come, you can drive past there at >90km/h

Nope, I don't use the ECP. :p

SomandrisIsDead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that the lens has somehow changed. I kinda observed that few months ago... Been some time liao... could be dummy, cos din even see the lens. It's kind of "covered". then again, some brave soul has to try lor... kindly inform us will ya? :biggrin:

but seriously if you travel during peak hours, no camera also <80km la... what with ERP and congestion... :(

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd morning bro silverfox@ and all other bros who read this thread,

I have on many ocassions [even b4 the various changes made to the ECP n b4 they changed the speed limit from 90km/hr to now 70km/hr] drove passed this speed-trap camera at 100km/hr to 105km/hr, and I did not get any summons.

You see, 1st u guys shd understand something, thou d speed limit is 90km/hr, there is a tolerance variance programmed into d speed-trap camera. The camera dun snap at your car when you drive passed it at 95km/hr. I was told, by reliable source, tat d tolerance variance is about 20km/hr. Tat means if d speed limit is capped at 90km/hr, d camera will snap at you if you drive passed at a speed exceeding 110km/hr. Well, at least I have done it many times at 100km/hr to 105km/hr and I did not get any summons. But if you ask me whether tat particular camera is a dummy or not, then I have to tell u tis - I have friends and friend's friends who gana summons b4 when they did drive pass that particular camera exceeding 120km/hr. I personally also have witnessed d flashing of light fm the camera at a car tat was ahead of me driving very fast. So, I leave it to you guys to believe what I say or not. I also must put in a qualification clause here, last time d camera was indeed an active one, but thing might have changed. Until I heard of anybody whom I know got a ticket for speeding passed tis particular camera, or some bros here who have such knowledge cld share here wif us, I can't tell u whether it is still an active camera.

When I say, make your own observation, I dun mean to say tat u hold your brake as you drive pass to see. I dun encourage tat. It endanger other motorists. You can drive at normal cruising speed on lane 2 and make your observation or ask your passenger (if any) to observe for you.

At the end of the day, drive safely and drive wif mindfulness. Some drivers may be driving a Subaru Boxer but drive like an ah gua and keeps holding on to d lane 1 at 80km/hr. Can u imagine how frustrating when you are driving behind tis kind of driver??

I dun speed when I drive, but I like to drive according to my car performance and capability while paying heeds to d speed limit and traffic condition, and at d same time being mindful to other road users.

Have a good day. :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd morning bro silverfox@ and all other bros who read this thread,

I have on many ocassions [even b4 the various changes made to the ECP n b4 they changed the speed limit from 90km/hr to now 70km/hr] drove passed this speed-trap camera at 100km/hr to 105km/hr, and I did not get any summons.

You see, 1st u guys shd understand something, thou d speed limit is 90km/hr, there is a tolerance variance programmed into d speed-trap camera. The camera dun snap at your car when you drive passed it at 95km/hr. I was told, by reliable source, tat d tolerance variance is about 20km/hr. Tat means if d speed limit is capped at 90km/hr, d camera will snap at you if you drive passed at a speed exceeding 110km/hr. Well, at least I have done it many times at 100km/hr to 105km/hr and I did not get any summons. But if you ask me whether tat particular camera is a dummy or not, then I have to tell u tis - I have friends and friend's friends who gana summons b4 when they did drive pass that particular camera exceeding 120km/hr. I personally also have witnessed d flashing of light fm the camera at a car tat was ahead of me driving very fast. So, I leave it to you guys to believe what I say or not. I also must put in a qualification clause here,

Morning,

That expressway you mentioned, limit is 70km/h, thats why I told you to try at 95km/h. the 20km/h variance works last time, but now I am not so sure.

Probably been reduced a bit but definitely not more. My dad got a summons earlier this year at BKE for driving aaround 105km/h when speed limit is 90km/h.

Anyway bottomline for evryone is still to drive safely. On the roads I only look out for malaysian cars, if they are behind me, I change lanes. My car has been involved in an accident with a malaysian van when he knocked into my back bumper. No car workshops want to do claims for me, no insurance companies are willing to help me claim against the malaysian party and if it is not successful, I still have to forfeit my NCD to go ahead. They virtually deem it as too much hassle. Even the police, when you report, not much action is taken, unless someone is injured.

So next time if a malaysian vehicle whack the back and no money to pay, don't let them leave after exchanging particulars. Wait for the vehicle marshals, say that neck pain, giddyness and the malaysia driver will not go away scotfree easily without paying a single cent which was what happened to me.

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro silverfox@,

Yes, i have driven passed tat speed-trap camera several times at 95km/hr. In fact I travel on tis stretch of the ECP everyday and night. Especially on d nite after 9.30pm d traffic is very easy and I cruise pass d camera easily at 100km/hr, and I have gotten nothing from d traffic police.

I agree wif wat u hv said about Msian cars driving behind us. Good of you to share such info wif so many bros here. Keep in touch. :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i don't know about you folks, but this is another observation being made: folks like to hog on either lane 1 or 2 at about 80~90km/h.

this is fine by all standards, but i don't like to hog lane one unless i'm overtaking and i thought that the idea of "keep left unless overtaking" should be working fine. even on escalators...