• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

migration to australia

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone genuinely interested to migrate to australia and is skilled write to me, i can assist. do it now rather than later.

[email protected]

australia is now one of the worse countries to migrate to. you need 150-200K min there and then your government cheats people in massive taxation and the worse housing affordability i have ever seen. when sydney is more expensive than new york and perth is comparable to london, australia is a disaster. only a moron would consider australia in 2008.

D

Dongman

Migrating to Aussieland may sound like a good option, as most of us feel our lives are too much caught up in the rat race. Morever, there are definitely more outlets for recreation and relaxation as compared to mainly shopping in Singapore.
However, I think they are pretty choosy abt who they want to migrate there. Isn't that right?

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got friends who work in Australia and gotten their PR. They like their stay over there,even bought land and built their own house.

Bigone65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to have that idea of moving there years back but now find it too expensive to do so ......

D

Dayrider

Wondering if it is true that if you are a hepatitis B carrier. Your immigration form will be rejected.. :confused:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't just move to australia because you hate singapore.
move to australia if you are prepared to seek out a new life for yourself.
ultimately, you decide your own fate.

poorman4sex

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think we need more info on this...
I wanted to move to auz also but what about my kids and my old mother ? are they able to adapt to the new enviroment ?

and will I be able to get a job there ? I dun have any degree from any univercity....:(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what about my kids and my old mother ? are they able to adapt to the new enviroment ?

and will I be able to get a job there ? I dun have any degree from any univercity....:(

If you worry about these sorts of minor issues, it would be better for you to stay put. You're obviously not a risk taker. Emigration would be far too stressful for you and your family.:wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
don't just move to australia because you hate singapore.
move to australia if you are prepared to seek out a new life for yourself.
ultimately, you decide your own fate.

I move out of sg because i detest sinkie behavior and seek a new life without mingling with sinkies.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I move out of sg because i detest sinkie behavior and seek a new life without mingling with sinkies.

You'd be surprised how many potential emigrants to OZ, Canada etc have expressed a desire to buy a home in an area where other singaporeans live.

My answer has always been the same... if you want to be surrounded by Sinkies.. STAY PUT.:biggrin: There are 3.5 million sinkies right on your doorstep.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, down under is not all that good nor bad. pros & cons are there for us to weigh the differences. a big continent on its own also means there're plenty of places to be explored. there are some places that might not be as conducive a place for children upbringing, while there are some places that are simply no man's land.

but looking at the prospects for now, might be a better place for my kids & generations after.

poorman4sex

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you worry about these sorts of minor issues, it would be better for you to stay put. You're obviously not a risk taker. Emigration would be far too stressful for you and your family.:wink:

thats why i am still staying put:(

maybe wait for my child to do it and bring me there...hehhee

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, down under is not all that good nor bad. pros & cons are there for us to weigh the differences. a big continent on its own also means there're plenty of places to be explored. there are some places that might not be as conducive a place for children upbringing, while there are some places that are simply no man's land.

but looking at the prospects for now, might be a better place for my kids & generations after.

can you share how you integrate to the life there and make australian friends and be assimilated to australian society

do you think of yourself today as an australian? what about your kids?

(i do not intend these questions to be intrusive. They are questions running through my mind now on what it means to migrate.)

S

sniper007

You could try getting the PR first. There are many categories of visas to apply under. Or spend a few weeks living in the suburbs, try to get as much of the local vibes as possible.

As for the bro who asked about how to assimilate.. first start with an open mind, and make friends with the locals (regardless they're white or asians). learn to understand their sense of humour and don't be too quick to judge or feel offended. The whites have a totally different culture and mindset from what we're used to, growing up in Singapore.