• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Dear Chinese Sinkies, which Dialect group does your FATHER belong to or come from?

Please be HONEST. ;)

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe it or not, my father shares the same dialect group with LKY and LHL. :o
But unfortunately, although I'm anti-PAP and even anti-government (i.e. I don't even support any opposition party), my father is pro-PAP. :*: :(

Anyway:
wikipedia.org/wiki/A_language_is_a_dialect_with_an_army_and_navy
wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language#Varieties
wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_Chinese

wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_Atlas_of_China
wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dictionary_of_Modern_Chinese_Dialects
wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_Atlas_of_Chinese_Dialects
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_varieties_of_Chinese

Census of Population 2010 Statistical Release 1 (© Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore)
singstat.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/publications/publications_and_papers/cop2010/census_2010_release1/cop2010sr1.pdf
(pages 43 to 45 of the pdf file: "Table 4 Chinese Resident Population by Age Group, Dialect Group and Sex")

Attachments

• PROFILE OF THE SINGAPORE CHINESE DIALECT GROUPS by Lee Eu Fah.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 725
  • Map_of_sinitic_languages.png
    Map_of_sinitic_languages.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • Map_of_sinitic_languages_full-en.jpg
    Map_of_sinitic_languages_full-en.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dear Chinese Sinkies, which Dialect group does your FATHER belong to or come from

After 24 hours, only six members have voted, including myself. :o
But where are all the Hokkiens and Teochews? :confused:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Dear Chinese Sinkies, which Dialect group does your FATHER belong to or come from

After 24 hours, only six members have voted, including myself. :o
But where are all the Hokkiens and Teochews? :confused:

actually some people might answer wrongly as some people that I know speaks superb l hokkien yet he is actually a cantonese. His future son may think that his father is a hokkien . Some.people are confused of their ancestors dialect group, especially in the old era the documents contains allot of wrong informations including names., surnames and alias.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why singapore got so many smelly PRCs?why dont the government import more people from Min and Yue?

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

140315_Our_Father1.jpg

god is which dialect?

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

ChineseGods_1.jpg

chinese godfathers what dialect?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

U Dickhead fence seater. You are voting with yr arse up. Eitger vote for or against a party.

Dont easte yr vote. Every vote count and yr future depends on yr vote too.

Fucked face lah you.

Believe it or not, my father shares the same dialect group with LKY and LHL. :o
But unfortunately, although I'm anti-PAP and even anti-government (i.e. I don't even support any opposition party), my father is pro-PAP. :*: :(

Anyway:
wikipedia.org/wiki/A_language_is_a_dialect_with_an_army_and_navy
wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language#Varieties
wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_Chinese

wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_Atlas_of_China
wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dictionary_of_Modern_Chinese_Dialects
wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_Atlas_of_Chinese_Dialects
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_varieties_of_Chinese

Census of Population 2010 Statistical Release 1 (© Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore)
singstat.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/publications/publications_and_papers/cop2010/census_2010_release1/cop2010sr1.pdf
(pages 43 to 45 of the pdf file: "Table 4 Chinese Resident Population by Age Group, Dialect Group and Sex")

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

U Dickhead fence seater. You are voting with yr arse up. Eitger vote for or against a party.

Dont easte yr vote. Every vote count and yr future depends on yr vote too.

Fucked face lah you.

Is this a fuck face?

9711-680x909.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

god is which dialect?

Arab

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually some people might answer wrongly as some people that I know speaks superb l hokkien yet he is actually a cantonese. His future son may think that his father is a hokkien . Some.people are confused of their ancestors dialect group, especially in the old era the documents contains allot of wrong informations including names., surnames and alias.
Yes, I'm aware of that possibility; so maybe I should have asked:

"Which Chinese Dialect group do you belong to, according to your Sinkie Birth Certificate?"

instead, even if the information is wrong because of whatever reason. :o

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

Eitger vote for or against a party.
I would like to vote against the PAP, but the "Party" I would like to vote for has never bothered to run for any Sinkie election. :wink:
So I have no other choice but to "vote" with my heart and mind for that Special Someone and His "Party". :wink:

yr future depends on yr vote too.
My future does not depend on my one lousy and insignificant vote, to say the least. :wink:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to the 3 cantonese , do u end many sentence with "gerd zer" .
I always hear this sound effect which carries no meaning :p