• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lorry fire and explosions on bukit batok east avenue 3

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/01KWXdyLZBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i salute those scdf fighters....

i hear those explosion i think my balls will become smaller

they still go forward to suppress it

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why no mata come and cordon off the road from the camera man's side? only got one taxi driver to do it.. or was he watching the show?

and what flammable cargo was the lorry transporting I wonder? normal water couldn't put it out for 5 minutes!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
why no mata come and cordon off the road from the camera man's side? only got one taxi driver to do it.. or was he watching the show?

and what flammable cargo was the lorry transporting I wonder? normal water couldn't put it out for 5 minutes!

The truck's own fuel is enough to give that kind of fire. There can be other flammables on truck. Because the video began to take only some time after fire started, it does not show where fire started from. The few small blasts could come from a few cans of WD-40 or spray paints or cigarette lighter fuel (butane) cans.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_A8D4q_eafY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Say a 5L bucket of paint would had produced a bigger sustaining flame than what that video showed - after the blast. You can see the energy of blast by amount of disturbanc it caused to the already burning truck's flames, and you can see also that the fire did not get any much bigger after the Bangs, that means most of the contained fuel already consumed at the moments of blasts and that nothing much is left to contribute to a sustained increment to the flames on the truck. :wink:

After the few bangs spanned within a short period of time, there isn't any more blasts after that span of time. So that do suggest many such containers. A typical contractor pickup typically carries a few such more flammable cans.

Treat that as a special CNY fireworks. :p

I watch video for 2nd time and counted about 8 consecutive bangs within a span less then 1min, plus 2 more later at 1 min intervals, then a last smaller crack.

Beginning of the video indicated that flame emitted from the drivers cabin, not the back, mostly an engine fire, because the engines of these trucks are below the drivers' seats.

Noticed about 1-2min after the big fire engine began to pump, some hoses busted on the mini fire truck made by ST, causing a vertical column of fountain 15-20m into the air, and in about a min SCDF cut off some connection to stop it.

SCDF have to work more on the ball because they have got a brand new boss, their old boss is under arrest by CPIB. :biggrin:

Last edited:

tititata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the second mother fire engine was rather relaxed. Maybe the fiery truck was peanut to them or they were feeling demoralised by the sacking of their SCDF chief.

mentor_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the second mother fire engine was rather relaxed. Maybe the fiery truck was peanut to them or they were feeling demoralised by the sacking of their SCDF chief.

Civil servants more sensitive to new chief than old, old chief can not screw their ass. New chief Lon Pray Pray.:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe it was a set from an akan datang Mediacorp production.

An action thriller with a high-speed lorry chase scene.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a very good learning tape for SCDF. With handphone video, it is though to be emergency workersnowadays. Every action is captured and no more alibi. After the episode, still have lingering doubt. The red rhino was not able to put out the flame. Is it the capability of the red rhino or the skill of the firefighters?

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very good learning tape for SCDF. With handphone video, it is though to be emergency workersnowadays. Every action is captured and no more alibi. After the episode, still have lingering doubt. The red rhino was not able to put out the flame. Is it the capability of the red rhino or the skill of the firefighters?

The Red Herring is at the most a buy-time toy because only 4 SCDF men from the nearest tiny fire-post can get there fast enough. The rest of the SCDF men from a big SCDF HQ can only put on their pants to run to their trucks as alarms woke them up.:biggrin: