• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hardware Options

ChioCS

Advertiser
I will be putting up what are the hardware options available to you in this thread and please chip in to share your options as well.

ChioCS

Advertiser
Customise Hardware

Though there are lots of custom made signage and large display integrated boxes available in the Internet. I have not known any of them that are available locally in Singapore. Therefore the price tends to be hugely expensive taking into the cost of shipment and the substantial time delay due the fact it is make to order. So why not assemble it locally? Contact us, if you needs help.

Anyway, the daunting task in self assembly is how do I strip out a LCD panel and box it up with the other PC components? Which I will be showing you how to take apart a LCD screen with a 22" Philips. Please note to my knowledge, most LCD have a metal frame that is wrap around in a fabricated plastic PVC cover. This is how it looks like.

First take a look at the front and back view.

hardware1.jpg
hardware2.jpg

Next, get your Phillip screw driver and remove the LCD stand. Then unscrew all the other screws that you can find on the back and all around the side of the LCD panel.

hardware3.jpg
hardware4.jpg

Once that is done, get 2 thin flat screw drivers. Look through the groove between the front and back cover, you should notice some kind of catch, insert a screw driver and gently twist it and after it is dislodge, get the other screw driver and move to dislodge the next catch while still holding the first to prevent it from snapping back. And so on.

hardware5.jpg
hardware6.jpg

That should do the trick and now all catches are dislodged. You can then lift the front cover out at ease. Not before paying attention to the menu control, which could still be attached to the cover by a cable and some screw.

hardware7.jpg
hardware8.jpg

Here you are, all done within 15 minutes.

hardware9.jpg
hardware10.jpg

hardware11.jpg
hardware12.jpg

Finally, if you intend to join 2 or more pieces of LCD panels, please beware there is at least a 0.75 cm thick metal frame around it.

Last edited:

ChioCS

Advertiser
Re: Customise Hardware

If you prefer off the shelf, easily available options locally, you can look into a varieties of slim PC at Sim Lim square, here's one example.

AcerRevo100_01.jpgAcerRevo100_02.jpgAcerRevo100_05.jpgAcerRevo100_07.jpg

Which you can tuck it behind your large LCD display or at it's side.

ChioCS

Advertiser
Re: Customise Hardware

There are also couple of models of All-in-One PC with touch screen now in the market. Besides Acer ( below ), there are Lenovo etc...

Acer_Z5_01.jpgAcer_Z5_02.jpgAcer_Z5_03.jpg